Quantcast

***Frozen Sunday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
7" is not my 8" cutoff so in bed rather than at Mary Jane. need more base anyway, esp. for trees. next weekend I'll get Sunday laps with the elder kids.

IMG_0306.jpg

pass is passable but I'm glad I'm not part of that parade heading here

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
-9f outside.

Wife just got home from a bike race, no thanks.

Finishing breakfast, dishes, ready for a nap.
My wife's halfway through a two week stint away back down in the flatlands. I just told her I'm registering her for fat bike worlds in Leadville on the 27th :D

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
God damn it is cold outside.
I love how this sounds like a forgotten Christmas song from some 50s icon chain smoking Camels and drinking straight whiskey but also singing better than I ever could.

Let's get out the sleds
And go for a ride
Still don't have Gortex
Goddam it's cold outside

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up early because Hannah had swim. My FTS is pretty high. I got my tool bags & boxes reorganized into my Rigid modular now that I got a drawer unit. Rigid makes boxes able to take dividers but apparently doesn't sell dividers, so I need to sort that out. Supposedly 1/4" ply works, but we shall see. Everything is in one modular system now, which is great for these winter trips. It will not be great once it warms up again, because the boxes are too big when I'm trying to get things to fit into the Allroad.

I milked cards for free points a few months back and it's coming to value, finally. The Capital One points let me reimburse myself for prior travel expenses, so the free points I got paid for our hotel and rental from last weekend. We still have over half our bonus points left, which should cover the next trip too. The flight was also on Southwest points, so the cost wasn't *as* bad as it could have been... And I haven't even used the Hilton or United points! But we're definitely driving next month. Gotta get those travel expenses down!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Up early because Hannah had swim. My FTS is pretty high. I got my tool bags & boxes reorganized into my Rigid modular now that I got a drawer unit. Rigid makes boxes able to take dividers but apparently doesn't sell dividers, so I need to sort that out. Supposedly 1/4" ply works, but we shall see. Everything is in one modular system now, which is great for these winter trips. It will not be great once it warms up again, because the boxes are too big when I'm trying to get things to fit into the Allroad.

I milked cards for free points a few months back and it's coming to value, finally. The Capital One points let me reimburse myself for prior travel expenses, so the free points I got paid for our hotel and rental from last weekend. We still have over half our bonus points left, which should cover the next trip too. The flight was also on Southwest points, so the cost wasn't *as* bad as it could have been... And I haven't even used the Hilton or United points! But we're definitely driving next month. Gotta get those travel expenses down!
LOVE my Capital One Point for travel. I haven't had to pay for a hotel for gymnastics meets in quite some time.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
LOVE my Capital One Point for travel. I haven't had to pay for a hotel for gymnastics meets in quite some time.
The dollar-dollar offset surprised the shit out of me. The cash value was 50% vs. a 100% value for offset. I don't know why you wouldn't just offset.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I actually “kinda like it” when ceramics break. I have some foodsafe silver powder that I mix in with the epoxy when repairing. Makes for a neat look, but you need to be tidy about it…no drips or squeeze out…

(Rabbit-hole fodder: kintsugi)

ETA: don’t know you crazy fuckers deal with those cold temps. Bottomed out here at 14°F this morning and I was about ready to move TX or FL or something dumb like that.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Watching a friend's pain in the ass dog. You know she is a pain in the ass when they returned yesterday and I have to remind them they have a dog to pick up.