Quantcast

***Frozen Sunday GMT***

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
You and I both know what horrible, terrifying creature did this to me.
Decades of hanging onto ski poles no doubt.

You need some weed edibles to pass the time NTTAWWT

Off topic - I am looking for a credit card that racks up United airline miles. I know nothing about this stuff. Can I go into my bank and ask for one?

Also - was -7 degrees freedom here this AM. This cold weather is the shits

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Decades of hanging onto ski poles no doubt.

You need some weed edibles to pass the time NTTAWWT

Off topic - I am looking for a credit card that racks up United airline miles. I know nothing about this stuff. Can I go into my bank and ask for one?

Also - was -7 degrees freedom here this AM. This cold weather is the shits
The United one?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Up early because Hannah had swim. My FTS is pretty high. I got my tool bags & boxes reorganized into my Rigid modular now that I got a drawer unit. Rigid makes boxes able to take dividers but apparently doesn't sell dividers, so I need to sort that out. Supposedly 1/4" ply works, but we shall see. Everything is in one modular system now, which is great for these winter trips. It will not be great once it warms up again, because the boxes are too big when I'm trying to get things to fit into the Allroad.

I milked cards for free points a few months back and it's coming to value, finally. The Capital One points let me reimburse myself for prior travel expenses, so the free points I got paid for our hotel and rental from last weekend. We still have over half our bonus points left, which should cover the next trip too. The flight was also on Southwest points, so the cost wasn't *as* bad as it could have been... And I haven't even used the Hilton or United points! But we're definitely driving next month. Gotta get those travel expenses down!
I like the rigid Modular’s, if I wasn’t so invested into the Milwaukee packouts eco system I would buy some more but kinda committed nao

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Finally no snow, no rain and low enough winds so that I could cut down the two small trees that the storm over the holidays tilted over and that were leaning into other trees. #firewood

In other news: similarly to the UK, we have a new king. The former queen retired w/o dying first, making this possible. #stillnotmyking

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I just go to my bank and ask for a united credit card???

Thats the one we use.
@boostindoubles there are a bunch of different ones. as per 'squeeb's link. The Points Guy has decent overview pages describing what you get from each.

then you apply online, of course.

I like the rigid Modular’s, if I wasn’t so invested into the Milwaukee packouts eco system I would buy some more but kinda committed nao
I can forgive stoney misnaming Ridgid but you really should know yo

gonefirefightin

free wieners
@boostindoubles there are a bunch of different ones. as per 'squeeb's link. The Points Guy has decent overview pages describing what you get from each.

then you apply online, of course.

I can forgive stoney misnaming Ridgid but you really should know yo
iPhone thinks it’s smarterrr thenn mee

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
/me is on the WP side of closed Berthoud Pass. if it's not open by 2 pm going to stay here tonight and just time shift my work day tomorrow a bit. benefits of having the house eh

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's taken me forever to get a drawer box though. I checked Wednesday and there weren't any available. Thursday there were some and by the time I put in the order, no more we available at my local HD. I had to order at one 10miles away. The small parts bins are limited to 5 per order; online only. I ordered 2 and they were sold out after I finished my order. The spacers are annoying as hell though...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I think it got up to 0 freedums today.
Took older kid grocery shopping. She talked me into more legos. I’m a sucker for legos though.
Pedaled to no where in the basement. Now cooking dinner. Has been a good day.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
/me is on the WP side of closed Berthoud Pass. if it's not open by 2 pm going to stay here tonight and just time shift my work day tomorrow a bit. benefits of having the house eh
Sounds like there was an avalanche on the pass.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Twice baked potatoes. The ultimate Bacon and Cheese potato delivery system. Get this. Its not like a Baked Potato or a Potato Skin. Its actually both. I have ever had them before. Mind Bottling. Whisky munchies are the best....

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Pro tip: wait 6 mos - a year and then apply for the bidness* card too and double your free miles.

I rotate through airline credit cards every few years.

But you have to remember to cxl them and wait a year....

Id think Alaskan would be another good one given your location in pacific NW...

*You probably have an EIN from your side hustles but you can use social security number if need be...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Pro tip: wait 6 mos - a year and then apply for the bidness* card too and double your free miles.

I rotate through airline credit cards every few years.

But you have to remember to cxl them and wait a year....

Id think Alaskan would be another good one given your location in pacific NW...

*You probably have an EIN from your side hustles but you can use social security number if need be...
I need the cc for my bizness and United has the direct flight between my destinations. I'll check this out!