Quantcast

***** Fuckin' Fractured Friday - Are ya awake yet? GMT *****

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I totally forgot Lil Man's bike was going to the office today and I didn't go in. Looks like FedEx got delayed delivery so maybe tomorrow? I think somebody is there on Saturday. If not, I will be in Monday.

Homeboy in receiving said he would let me know when it showed up and he didn't say anything.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I cleaned the outside of my property with hoses and brushes and soap. It was hard. It’s three stories at the front. Got drenched. Luckily it’s hot out. RainX’d my big windows. Pretty satisfied. Beer o’clock.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
How is it?
It's been a long time since you posted the buy pics.

Pretty good.
lil 1.8L motor is gutless after the turbo diesel in the ute.
put it up in the hoist on Thursday and had a good inspection, thing is spotless underneath, this wagon has never been off the tarmac, not a single ding, scratch or speck of mud anywhere!
Found a problem with the 4wd selector.
Couldn’t get it to work and after a bit of an inspection found that the rubber bushing on the spring return* had disintegrated over time and bits of it were all thru the selector gumming it up.
I need a new bushing to get it functioning properly.... works but you have to make damn sure the selector lever doesn't move upwards.

*return spring, you push the selector down to move it between modes and the spring pushes it back up, the bushing is what stops it coming up too high which is what’s happened.
When it comes up too high a secondary spring system that pushes a pin in from the side comes across and then you can’t get the selector back down without disassembly. So selector arm was left out in no mans land and the wagon stuck in 4 high mode.

It’s an age thing…… from the state of it when I put it up in the hoist, this car has never been off road in it’s life and I suspect I may well have been the 1st person to ever try and engage the low range.
It’s in excellent nick other than some perished rubber bits

So yeah stoked with the thing, just has a few bit which are tired entirely due to age not wear.
Farm next to mine is owned by a retired mechanic who fabricates competion 4WD's from scratch (former national champ & lfe member of the national 4wd assosiation), he has a 4 ton hoist and full workshop that I have free reign to use as I need when he's not building race cars so I can work on this beastie myself.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Booked a ticket for Godfather at a local Dolby Cinema screen for Sunday night. Wife was game to go as well but babysitter not available so it shall be just me (after kid bedtimes).

Also booked a ticket for The Batman for the Monday 8 days after that. Dolby Cinema as well, as that’s the best thing going these days as far as picture and sound.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I was implying that a robot wouldn't be good at random stuff. Although they lack rigidity and dynamic accuracy so they actually do have a lot of variability but I couldn't call it random.

Maybe I should work on how to get a robot to smoke a doob and be creative. Kitchen bot could make bologna tacos.
If you haven't had a fried bologna sandwich have you really even lived?