Quantcast

Funk it Friday GMT?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's currently 13* with a -1* wind chill. I guess I'm driving the kids to school today.

I got the kart service bill from the eoy service, which was apparently pretty substantial with a few bearings bearings being replaced, it being slightly bent, and the torch coming out to get come of the bearings off the frame. That *should* be the last big bill until her motor is on and the Rotax starter kit (gears, fluids, tools, etc) is delivered, but we also have the February team training coming up soon, so... It's still cheaper than horses. We might get the kart back before the February team training, but our urgency is nil because it's too cold to drive anyways.

Found out that one of the team moms is a personal trainer, so am going to work with her on getting a fitness program for Haley. Her strength is really good compared to all the boys in her class, but their fitness is a lot better, so she needs to work on that so she can have energy at the end of a weekend. Wifey is probably going to start doing 1-1 with her too, because sometimes you just need that to make yourself find the time to workout.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Snowmagedon has been pushed out to Saturday morning, but all the schools have preemptively called it a half day. If only the office did that, damn.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

The rumble in my belly tells me a shit storms a brewing.

ROFL. Thought I posted this 30 minutes ago but then my mind was off to other things and I'm finally back now. What a trip.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hour 12 of the snow storm alert, which has now been changed to a warning.

I looked and the snow isn't supposed to start falling until 7pm. They're really getting ahead of this one. :rofl:

Anyways, woo its Friday! (not you woo, woo to the woo that its woo Friday!)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
still waiting for snow here too. got out for my first full-time activity last night in over two months. all my back exercising seems to be paying off, caus' I have no pain today. which is nice. I can also report that studded tires are a game changer. I can ride downhill as fast as in summer (or maybe faster than since the trails are so much smoother). It's kind of uncanny, where there would normally be a bit of understeer and two wheel drifts, now there is just traction. and it's understated traction not something that slips a bit then catches - it's just there.

little guy was not happy to be forced to go to school today. but 3 days off is enough...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I want you to draw me like one of your French girls

few odds and ends today, need to tidy up in the crawlspace, build some shelves in the boat house, clean some windows and install a few lights then get a uhual might have another night or two here before popping smoke for good

in other news,

supposed to dust an 1/4” of snow so the stores are empty, schools are closed and gas stations are empty, I hate Portland

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
still waiting for snow here too. got out for my first full-time activity last night in over two months. all my back exercising seems to be paying off, caus' I have no pain today. which is nice. I can also report that studded tires are a game changer. I can ride downhill as fast as in summer (or maybe faster than since the trails are so much smoother). It's kind of uncanny, where there would normally be a bit of understeer and two wheel drifts, now there is just traction. and it's understated traction not something that slips a bit then catches - it's just there.

little guy was not happy to be forced to go to school today. but 3 days off is enough...
Sounds like a better ride than we had on Wednesday. The snow was so thick and wet that we'd roll to a stop, while going downhill. :disgust:

One downside of studs that I hadn't considered, is the extra care I need to take putting the bike into the back of car with. Can't have one of the tires rubbing a hole through a seat or something...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
one of those mornings. got up to pee and mell dog poop. 4-5 piles by the front door. Their way of telling me that I forgot to let them out one last time before going to bed.. Nothing like housekeeping at 2am.

espresso machine was not making espresso. Guess it was time to scrub the metal filter that holds the grinds because it worked perfectly after that.

Dispatch software training class at 11 today with the vendor, should be fun :banghead:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo ppls

just billed for my trip to Arizona yesterday (and for numerous phone calls that I hadn't billed for yet in anticipation of this one fell swoop)

working 7-4 in house today. then braving the roads and up to the mountains as usual. might be a bit spicy

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

It is snowing and sleeting at the moment. Roads are a skating rink. It's pretty neat. Thankfully I bought 14 gallons of milk and a box van full of bread, I think we'll make it to Monday.

Pretty stoked at the moment. I bought a new side by side so that I wouldn't have to deal with someone else's problems. Apparently 8.1 hours is where they quit running. . . also pretty neat. Thankfully I didn't plan to actually use the snow plow I got for it. . . :rolleyes:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

picking up/cleaning around house. grabbing 13yo and 2 of his friends after school and heading up to the hill for a night and to ski/board tomorrow. wifey has been super nervous for days about it for some reason, as there is supposed to be heavy wind and rain this afternoon, and also last time i took kiddo and a friend up to the hills he got airlifted out. ah well. hopefully she'll settle down once we i get them up there. should be a fun time.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

It is snowing and sleeting at the moment. Roads are a skating rink. It's pretty neat. Thankfully I bought 14 gallons of milk and a box van full of bread, I think we'll make it to Monday.

Pretty stoked at the moment. I bought a new side by side so that I wouldn't have to deal with someone else's problems. Apparently 8.1 hours is where they quit running. . . also pretty neat. Thankfully I didn't plan to actually use the snow plow I got for it. . . :rolleyes:
what went wrong at 8 hours use? that seems crazy

you should have bought an electric Polaris to enrage 'woo

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> I bought a new side by side
<ahem> "Texas Wheelchair," please.

<snip> heading up to the hill for a night and to ski/board tomorrow.
We are also planning to do this... except instead of leaving at noon as was the plan, we are now leaving after the eldest gets off work, which will be more like 5pm. Now instead of 4 people in the Xterra with all their ski gear, we'll have 5. :panic: And there's a winter storm warning, so it'll take ages to get up there.

Contemplating just saying, "Fuck it."

Probably won't. :D

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
what went wrong at 8 hours use? that seems crazy

you should have bought an electric Polaris to enrage 'woo
Not sure, it has had an idling problem since I bought it, but it always would restart. Being that it’s all electronic not sure. Dealer actually asked if I had planned to using it to push snow today. . . If looks could kill.

The farm does to have enough panels to charge and Ev SiDeBySiDe.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Did a bunch of financial stuff this morning. Then went in the woods for a little walk with the girl.

Famous neighbor's dog tagged along.