Quantcast

Funk it Friday GMT?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Man, when you're right you're right. :dead:
the photos I saw of Rabbit Ears looked pretty shitty indeed. you went tunnel and then up from Silverthorne instead? traffic from the 40 turnoff looked like absolute shit. and CMV chain up probably just added to the chaos

('twas a fine drive to out here, on the other hand.)

gonefirefightin

free wieners
the photos I saw of Rabbit Ears looked pretty shitty indeed. you went tunnel and then up from Silverthorne instead? traffic from the 40 turnoff looked like absolute shit. and CMV chain up probably just added to the chaos

I liked the copper area, stayed in Frisco for 3 weeks or so, silverthorne was nice and had all the necessary needs. Not a fan of Breck tho, keystone looked cool too

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I liked the copper area, stayed in Frisco for 3 weeks or so, silverthorne was nice and had all the necessary needs. Not a fan of Breck tho, keystone looked cool too
Keystone and Copper are soulless even to not-nearly-as-jaded-as-woo me. they exist only for the ski area.

Frisco and Silverthorne are decent, but are cursed by traffic along 9 if headed to Breckenridge and the tunnel itself, which will never get a lovely third tunnel with high speed rail or anything substantive thanks to TABOR.

thus my house being up past Winter Park instead, up comparatively humble but more predictable highway 40.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
we all start somewhere

just fyi, my anti gentrification streak was born in colorado

So you'll have a good foundation going forward.
not that humble nc can compete with mighty colorado for pow and scale but was curious to see a rather nice looking and very close to the base "staff lodging" building as we drove up to beech today.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

We are actually staying in Frisco tonight. May stay in the Boat tomorrow night and Sunday night 'cause:

Saturday Night
New snow accumulation of 10 to 16 inches possible.
Sunday
New snow accumulation of 15 to 21 inches possible.

:think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jeebus! Right?

Fuck this noise. Might have to let the water in the shop run tonight. Just ain’t built for these temps.

This old ass house was never meant for this shit but so far I am pretty impressed. Have a space heater setup in the basement to stop pipes from freezing but it seems to maintain 55 degrees on its own. Helps that up until now it has been warm.

Whole house is heated by a single small split unit heat pump. Lath and plaster with two layers of drywall over it keeps things sealed nicely and only the kitchen is cold as balls. turned on the oven for a bit.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Lathe and plaster with two layers of drywall over it keeps things sealed nicely and only the kitchen is cold as balls. turned on the oven for a bit.
Last night my friend told me one of our customers mom lived on their farm and the heated seat in her electric wheel chair caught fire - she went for the door on foot but was over come with smoke and died. The house was sealed up tight enough that the fire put itself out before it broke the seal. Everything 4ft and up was charred. People passed around the house for 2 days before checking on her and realizing what happened.

Crazy shit

4 days ago my other friends neighbor went out to water the animals and never came in. They found him dead from a gunshot out in the driveway. He was working on a case against a local politician apparently and coroner has not called it suicide yet.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Fucking everyone in the PNW?

I swear it’s like builders forget that water freezes…
Builders/plumbers/architects, they're never considering long term maintenance when executing designing and building houses. I want to bury a shipping container under my house and run all my water/power/sewer/hvac in it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last night my friend told me one of our customers mom lived on their farm and the heated seat in her electric wheel chair caught fire - she went for the door on foot but was over come with smoke and died. The house was sealed up tight enough that the fire put itself out before it broke the seal. Everything 4ft and up was charred. People passed around the house for 2 days before checking on her and realizing what happened.

Crazy shit

4 days ago my other friends neighbor went out to water the animals and never came in. They found him dead from a gunshot out in the driveway. He was working on a case against a local politician apparently and coroner has not called it suicide yet.
Yakghanistan

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Builders/plumbers/architects, they're never considering long term maintenance when executing designing and building houses. I want to bury a shipping container under my house and run all my water/power/sewer/hvac in it.

It is called a basement.

The first 4' of soil in my neighborhood is just fine dust. Have to dig to get to hardpan to be able to support really anything. Was kind of surprised to see that when someone built their Mc mansion across the street they put it on a slab. Perhaps the soil is different 50 yards away or that place will soon be cracking and settling.