Quantcast

Garage goals.jpg

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
While freeing up some disc space this evening, I came across a file named Garage-goals.jpg that I created about a year ago. Glad to see it still holds up. Feel free to share your garage and/or garage goals.

garage-goals.jpg

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
Thats a garrage for a single mom.
Or perhaps a gravedigging unic.

No toolbox, mill, lathe, mig, tig, plasma, torches, saw, tubing bender
However Looks great for storing christmas decorations....

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Thats a garrage for a single mom.
Or perhaps a gravedigging unic.

No toolbox, mill, lathe, mig, tig, plasma, torches, saw, tubing bender
However Looks great for storing christmas decorations....
That's what the other side two walls of the garage... or the workshop are for.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
The cleanliness appeals to me greatly. Lack of tools visible is a concern. But crap off the floor and storage cabinets where things are out of view does wonders for ones head space.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009

My garage project is coming along.

The kitchen cabinets were pulled out of a house being torn down in West Vancouver. We yanked two near new Ikea Kitchens out of the house and a bunch of other fixtures for $500.

The next stage is to organize the other side with some floor to ceiling cabinets to keep wood working tools all the usual garage crap organized.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
@shirk007 is the grantite slab used for flatness reference?

Sorta dumb luck but yes that is what i have been using it for. It was a slab of counter top that was left in the garage when we bought the house. Our house doesn't have granite so I have no idea where it came from but glad to have it.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
damnit, shirk, your garage cabinets are nicer than our kitchen cabinets!
I know. These cabinets are nicer than either the main kitchen in our house or the rental suite.

Just after we got the house in 2011 M was watching for a single smaller cabinet we wanted to add to the main kitchen, she found a tear down being listed in West Van. We got that single cabinet but this kitchen was too good a deal to pass up, so I spent a Sunday yanking these out of a house that was being torn down on the Monday morning. The intention was to use them in a renovation of the rental suite...several years later after being no closer to renovating the suite M suggested they'd be put to better use in the garage.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
shop is looking great shirk! nice granite detail. when are you taking commissions on frame builds?
No commissions yet. Long list of family bikes I need to chew through this spring. We'll see where that leaves me.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
How many times have you caught that granite corner in a crotch/hip/rib/back/stomach?
Thankfully none.

Kids on the other hand, they've caught it in the head a couple of times. Most times they have a helmet on as any trip outside involves some backyard run bike action.