Quantcast

Garage goals.jpg

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Mine is coming along, this shot is about 2 years ago much more tools now and better lighting. Def not a dream garage but I can put 2 cars, beer, a bunch of bikes and maybe a moto in here! It's a work in progress...

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
i grew up right outside pittsburgh. when i moved away i was confused why houses didn't have that.
We have one in our walk-out basement, in a tiny unfinished shitter room next to our basement kitchen. I did not know it was a Pittsburgh thing, I never saw another one here in New England.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Apart from some of these in this thread, this is the most recent workspace that brings me joy.

bland-v-fd-11.jpg
bland-v-fd-94.jpg

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
Yes we have an extra run bike with longer stem....and they ride it just fine also.

Why is zero stem length bad?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
What I wanted to change about the strider was the head angle :) Thing was steep!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just makes the bike unnecessarily squirrely, which is far from ideal considering you're trying to get a toddler to learn how to ride.

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
just makes the bike unnecessarily squirrely, which is far from ideal considering you're trying to get a toddler to learn how to ride.
The lack if kiddo sized sticky rubber tires is sketchier than any imagined steering angle issue.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I found it squirrelly and was somewhat surprised given that we are trying to get kids to learn. Worked out ok in the end, but there were some moments...
Thought a less straight up and down head angle would be good too.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
sick! any more details on the board build?
It’s a super wide 160 with normal camber, 5 cm of taper, 29cm waist width and a pretty soft tail. It’s a mix between a stiff Freeride nose and a soft park tail. I’m exploring shapes I can’t buy. I made a second one and it rides horribly, haha. Way too much carbon. The beginners luck was strong on the first one. I’m working on a third one now with abs sidewalls.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I disagree with 90% of the shit you post on this board but you have a functioning urinal in your garage.

So now I have to agree with everything you say because man rules.

fucker

well done
We both pee so we must agree?

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
It’s a super wide 160 with normal camber, 5 cm of taper, 29cm waist width and a pretty soft tail. It’s a mix between a stiff Freeride nose and a soft park tail. I’m exploring shapes I can’t buy. I made a second one and it rides horribly, haha. Way too much carbon. The beginners luck was strong on the first one. I’m working on a third one now with abs sidewalls.
very cool. would love a deck with that kind of width. as a carving nerd, "conventional" shapes require some significantly forward binding angles (or risers) to avoid boot out. what i'm looking for doesn't exist outside custom builds. sounds like a fun hobby.