Quantcast

get well skookum!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
he hopped over a small log and the chainring got caught up so he jumped off the bike. he danced down the log and took a bad step, and suddenly said "i broke my leg." :dead:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Hey all,

I havent heard anything in the last few hours, but Amy called from the hospital on our way home. She gave us the update that he has a broken leg for sure, in 2 places. Ill spare the fine details for tim to pass on. They were trying to get him released to come up to seattle for surgery rather than stay in portland.

THanks all who helped our bro skookum. Especially Kevin and amy who took him down the MTN while we finished the ride to the lower truck. All in all it was a hot Freakish F@*KED up day. Send tim some healing vibes everyone!!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Kevin and I just got home from taking Skookum to Highline Hospital in South Seattle.

They admitted him and he is scheduled for surgery tomorrow around 10am. He will probably have to stay though until Monday. Talk of steel plates and/or rods were being discussed :eek:

Thanks to everyone for their help with gettin' Skook off the mountain. Hope we all can hook up again for a ride! :thumb:

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
Get Better man, I'm sorry the ride had to be cut short by a dam log eh...were gonna have to rename that thing (the log) or better yet, take it out...Good riding with yall, hope we can do it again sometime... Skook, stick to the healing plan, aka stay off hte bloody thing, hope you're back on the bike sooner as opposed to later

KL

Chimp
Feb 2, 2003
Pacific Northwest
Hey Skookum,

Sorry to hear about your leg...I hate it when a ride turns out like that. Anyway, really hope you heal up fast.

Good luck with the surgery.

Kevin

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Sorry to hear this, loosing Skookum to an injury is like loosing one of our favorite trails. Skookum, heal up buddy cause we all need you to make the PNW complete. Thanks for all the great rides this year. When it's time for the rehab rides let me know, I will be there. To all that helped Skooum out thanks and Kevin and Amy you are super people.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Wow, does that suck. I hope that you heal fast and come back twice as hard. The only good I see out of this is we might get to listen to you and your awesome posts more.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
oh no...not my favorite Skookie!! :(

So sorry to hear bro...get well soon mate!! :thumb:

here are a few get well soon vibes..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn skookum! sorry to see that. being in week 12 of "project bionic arm" all i can say is keep a positive attitude and do everything the doctors say and it will work out. sending you all the healing vibes i can spare bro.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I talked to Skookum yesterday after surgery. The procedure was a success, one rod and numerous screws later.

He should be home later today, up on his feet within a week :), and riding within six to eight weeks :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Snacks said:
II talked to Skookum yesterday after surgery. The procedure was a success, one rod and numerous screws later.

He should be home later today, up on his feet within a week :), and riding within six to eight weeks :thumb:

whaaaaaat!6 to 8 weeks. damn im finishing up month 3 and im lookin at another couple months!wont even start therapy until next month (month 4). good luck on it though i heard the rods are wild feelin for the first few months.got any x-ray pics? :cool:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
biggins said:
whaaaaaat!6 to 8 weeks. damn im finishing up month 3 and im lookin at another couple months!wont even start therapy until next month (month 4). good luck on it though i heard the rods are wild feelin for the first few months.got any x-ray pics? :cool:
The x-ray shots are huge. Maybe he can scan them when he gets home.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i used my digital camera but i have an x-ray viewer at my house so it made it easier.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Snacks said:
I talked to Skookum yesterday after surgery. The procedure was a success, one rod and numerous screws later.

Its probably a good thing that he didnt break his ankle..... The EMT wasnt really making that sort of injury sound so good. 6-8 weeks is alot better than we thought.

Get well skooks. We will miss ya on the trail......

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Acadian said:
oh no...not my favorite Skookie!! :(
My favorite Skookie? :confused: :think: Yours, and there are more? :eek: :think: :)
I'm gonna miss the rides with Skookum at least we will be able to enjoy his humor and wit on the board. I think since we don't have a PNW Monkey fest we should have a Skookum fest when he makes it back on wheels again! :thumb:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
:(

Skooks get well man. My father just busted his leg right below his knee. You'll be up and runing before him...you have youth on your side.

Wasn't it nice for everyone to take your picture? :D LOL

Oly: "Uh we need some help to get him to the truck."

Whoever took the pic: "hold on I almost got hte picture!" ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Serial Midget said:
What about log dancing? Will he ever be able to log dance again? :confused:

If the damn liberal media didn't put out such radical "pro dancing" movies like Footloose, this probably would have never happened.

Heal up Skooks
:)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
RhinofromWA said:
Wasn't it nice for everyone to take your picture? :D LOL

Oly: "Uh we need some help to get him to the truck."

Whoever took the pic: "hold on I almost got hte picture!" ;)
:eviltongu

it's great to hear that the surgery went well. :thumb:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Sorry to hear Tim! Major bummer. It's never good when the doc starts talking metal! I know from Ethan's experience. With the leg I am sure it's 100 times worse! We will miss you while your out! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

~The Mutoli's

Get_Some

Chimp
Apr 6, 2004
SW PDX, Oregon
oly said:
I want him to return to the log and dance on it with a chainsaw! Take that Focker out!
I think we should have another group ride and ceremoniously REMOVE that damn log...So I'm assuming he's been through surgery and that he's on the road to recovery? Well Skookum, remember, stay off the damn thing if you can, you'll be back faster... In all reality, you're probably better of having broken the leg instead of the ankle (which I thought was the case, correct me if I'm wrong) as I'm sure you know ankle injuries are far more nagging eh... well, as has been said a hundred times, get well man, and hope to see you on your ride again in the future. :thumb: :dancing: and to everyone else, Oly, Psycho, Snacks, Tim etc, and anyone I forgot, it was great riding with you all...cheers

Dave