Quantcast

Gig Harbor Dj's!!!

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
man softies was great!!!!! travis, andy, and a few other guys where out there building today. andy built a...well is working on a camera fort in a tree in between margo and 420! and me and travis mostly travis got all of the lips DONE and finished on highlife!!!!!! it should be hitable by next weekend! the upper part has been started that will be a little while. oh and there is a brand new line-not sure of name yet but all i know is it's gona end up going into the pit jump...in other words a trick line!!!!!

-well for me a landed some sick tuck no-handers and no-foot cans and some pretty decent flaties!!!! all and all it was a great day!

-Ryan

P.S. so who all is gona be at GIG sat. ????

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ryan/kona29 said:
man softies was great!!!!! travis, andy, and a few other guys where out there building today. andy built a...well is working on a camera fort in a tree in between margo and 420! and me and travis mostly travis got all of the lips DONE and finished on highlife!!!!!! it should be hitable by next weekend! the upper part has been started that will be a little while. oh and there is a brand new line-not sure of name yet but all i know is it's gona end up going into the pit jump...in other words a trick line!!!!!

-well for me a landed some sick tuck no-handers and no-foot cans and some pretty decent flaties!!!! all and all it was a great day!

-Ryan

P.S. so who all is gona be at GIG sat. ????

Nice a video cam spot! Im hoping to come out to SST not this weekend but the next so like 4/29/06! Hopefully having been cleared by the doc to ride a bit but also take pics and video w00t! Psst whats GIG?

Matteo

Chimp
Mar 17, 2006
Kirkland, Washington
Im not a big on dj's myself, but if you guys are gonna be throwin down I might come out and take some photos of the place if thats cool with you. Is it worth the drive out to take photos?

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
when i fininsh reshaping all the lips and landings......hells ya! they are prety much on a corner lot/field so you can get any angle. probebly won't ride till around 12-1:00 because there is a lot to do, i mean the big line is like a 7or8 jump line and only the first three are in decent shape. but no worries i'll or we'll get them looking good!!!!!

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
you should be fine. note: you have to go threw the harbor and around the water front till you come to an intersection take a right and then a right at the next then you see them after the ball feilds!!! i am leaving my house in about 10-15:00. see ya'll there!

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
man awsome sesh today at GIG!!! the big line and medium line are like buffed and perfect......there are three jumps at the end of the big line arnt hitable yet though. but the sesh was killer!!!!!!!!!!!

only jimbo showed though...whare in the heck were ya'll??????

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ryan/kona29 said:
man awsome sesh today at GIG!!! the big line and medium line are like buffed and perfect......there are three jumps at the end of the big line arnt hitable yet though. but the sesh was killer!!!!!!!!!!!

only jimbo showed though...whare in the heck were ya'll??????
I had english homework to do :(

Sep 8, 2004
Even though I didn't have a lot of time to spend there, that place was killer! Great place for learning and progressing for sure. We've gotta get some more rides going out there! Its not much farther from Bonney Lake than SST either.

BUT, next time I won't be a 'tard and forget my camera gear. Camera bag was packed and ready to go, and I forgot it by the door. DOH!

-James.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
jimbo_the_biker said:
BUT, next time I won't be a 'tard and forget my camera gear. Camera bag was packed and ready to go, and I forgot it by the door. DOH!

-James.
Hehehehe nice! i really hate it when that happens. Its usually the times you forget the camera when somthing really sweet gets thrown down too

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
man i'm really not in to the barn anymore. i mean winters sure but summer is dirt jump time!!!! so i think i am gona ONLY go on sunday late sesh's. gig harbor and softies and soon to be greenlake are gona be my skatebarn of dirt jumping!!! oh and i am building some trails back behind my house...i will post up the estimated lines in a little while!!!!

Sep 8, 2004
ryan,
If you create a jimbo-possible beginner line, you'll be the coolest ever. haha! I still think we might have to scope out the area of Victor falls that isn't closed and see if there is any potential. Not sure about rules for that place though, but stuff has been built there before.

The barn is still cool for beginners like me, and for rainy days.

-James.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
what are you talking about???? we already have a beginers line...in my street!!!:rofl:
ya ya OK i'll consider the beginers line, but after the main lines are done, i mean i would want you helping not riding!!! hehe

about victor falls, my dad said i can attempt or build anything i want to on "not so my property" but he also said that he won't assist taking me to the spot, thats why my jumps are behind my house!

rainy days suck.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
what are you talking about???? we already have a beginers line...in my street!!!:rofl:

about victor falls, my dad said i can attempt or build anything i want to on "not so my property" but he also said that he won't assist taking me to the spot, thats why my jumps are behind my house!

rainy days suck.

"all trails must be finished before rode on"

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
ya i know!!!!!!!!

P.S i was taking a break today at the barn and i noticed a quater sized dent in my top tub, it's like a half inch deep. do you think it would be a stuctural weakness???? probebly need pics?

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ryan/kona29 said:
ya i know!!!!!!!!

P.S i was taking a break today at the barn and i noticed a quater sized dent in my top tub, it's like a half inch deep. do you think it would be a stuctural weakness???? probebly need pics?
Pics would help but even without seeing i dont think so, but post some pics

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
ryan/kona29 said:
i have no digi:mumble: . i usually use my sisters hella nice camera's but she just moved out. i'll just ask the LBS.
That sucks! Time to invest in a camera at some point eh? The LBS will tell you that yer a looser and should give them the frame for free:) Just kidding naw it probably isnt a big deal at all. Unless it starts getting worse or somthing weird like that then you may have a problem

Sep 8, 2004
Hey,

Selling the Kona HT to replace the Fuse 20" then? That makes sense, since I've seen you ride the 20" everywhere, but only seen you on the kona once!

I'll have a bunch of Skatebarn photos to post by friday, until then, here's a teaser.

-James

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
jimbo_the_biker said:
Hey,

Selling the Kona HT to replace the Fuse 20" then? That makes sense, since I've seen you ride the 20" everywhere, but only seen you on the kona once!

I'll have a bunch of Skatebarn photos to post by friday, until then, here's a teaser.

-James

Sweet! i like picees:)

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Went out to the GH DJs on Sunday and had a blast. I'm just getting into the DJ thing but was able to make it to the third jump on the big line. I couldn't quite get the last one so I could set up for the turn but it was all good. It was really my first foray of strictly dirt jumping. I think I found my new hobby! I was the only one there for a good two hours until a couple locals showed up. They told me the jumps were lobbied for by the local BMX kids who agreed to be the jump stewards. They got the ball rolling but abandoned the place before finishing the last three jumps on the big line. It seems any bike is welcome now!!