Quantcast

Give a kid a break

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I did read the thread.

That's how I know you're an ass.

Shut Up Get Off The Trail!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep your kids off the trails!!!!
I hate being at N star paying 50 bucks to ride,
Then you get to the trail and it is bunched up by GOONS who couldn't read the directions or ignored them and charged a run they have no business on!
Or its closed because some moron wrecked out!

STAY OFF THE TRAILS YOU CANT JUMP OR RIDE!

Live wire is no place for an 8 year old with no skills.

Can you say bad parenting and letting a child get injured do to bad judgment?

And I'm not threatening you with anything more than giving you some of your own reactions einstein. I'm trying to make you aware of the fact that all the venom you feel towards people getting in your way is exactly the same situation as others that get tired of your little expert self being in their way.........and shooting your mouth off like you own the place.

Livewire has created new breed of self entitled little jerks. Everything you've posted here indicates you are certainly one of them.

Seriously. Are you 18? You sure as hell act like it. Grow up.

Last edited:

jsh191

Monkey
Nov 16, 2006
birdsboro, pa
Since I am now getting threats through email.......

I am not the guy who did the yelling!
I am not a friend of the yellers.
I do not back yelling at kids.
you may not be those things, but apparently you are God's gift to the hard-core-ripped-up-gnar biking world. guys like you make me want stab myself in the eye with a blunt object every time i see your sophomoric actions on the hill and in the parking lot. glad you're part of the DH scene......................

May 13, 2008
The Bay.
This thread is so rad......
I am now hated hahahaha

Even some dumb ass from PA had to chime in......

When did I say I was gods gift?
I just said I had a right to go fast as much as that kids has a right to go slow.

Slow riders on an expert course is a saftey issue.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
sophomoric actions like helping people off the trail,cleaning up litter after the races?
No.

Sophmoric actions like telling someone to shut up and get off the trail with your very first post.

You may be mother teresa in your mind but if you really act the way you've presented yourself here, then yes......you sound like a dick. I have nothing else to go on.

You keep telling people to read the thread but go back and read what you've posted here. When most people just want to enjoy a weekend of riding, you're flying off the handle insulting everyone who doesn't agree with you.

By all means, you're entitled to your opinion but only insofar as it doesn't become a behavioral issue that effects what other people are doing.

You do not own northstar. You must share trails with others in a civil manner. These are just facts.

Who knows, maybe you don't act like this in person. But you've been nothing but an entitled sounding, obnoxious ass in this thread. If that's really how you act in person, is there really any question as to why people don't want you around?

I've been riding northstar for the last 8 years, and believe it or not, I feel some of the same things you do. But I don't go telling people to shut up, or get off the trails because it's their right to be there. I don't like being slowed down by other people either but there's a difference in how I react to it. Defending people who yell at kids coming down a trail at 4:30 isn't the mindset that's going to keep people coming back to northstar and giving them a reason to stay open.

Do you understand this?

At the end of the day, it's just a run. I get the feeling I've been doing this a lot longer than you have and if I can accept this and relax and not piss people off, you can too.

Last edited:

jsh191

Monkey
Nov 16, 2006
birdsboro, pa
Keep your kids off the trails!!!!
I hate being at N star paying 50 bucks to ride,
Then you get to the trail and it is bunched up by GOONS who couldn't read the directions or ignored them and charged a run they have no business on!
Or its closed because some moron wrecked out!

STAY OFF THE TRAILS YOU CANT JUMP OR RIDE!

Live wire is no place for an 8 year old with no skills.

Can you say bad parenting and letting a child get injured do to bad judgment?

How many people get carted out of northstar every year because thy did a double black and wrecked?

Dont yell at the kid??????
Yell at the Kid and his parents for being stupid........

Dont stop on obstacles!!!!
Dont stand on jumps!
Dont go down a trail you can not ride!
Ride within your limits........this is not within the youngsters limits.......

All it takes is a little crash on livewire because the kid wasnt ready and then a lawsuit then no more nstar..........

Keep kids safe by training them on terrain they can handle.
Teach them safe riding by not forcing them into a trail that may hurt them.

With so many good trails I dont see why you have to bring JR down the Dbl Blacks?
oh, right....... model citizen first post in the thread there. your attempts to somehow justify yourself are weak.

i don't hate you. i don't know you.

at least this "dumb ass from PA" isn't dishing out the crap you have throughout this thread.........

Last edited:

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
yeah im a dick......ruining "your dh scene"
pretty much.

i'm getting so sick of the attitude of people who come out thinking they rule the world because they are finishing top 3 in sport class local DH races. it's down right silly.

i don't even have to say anything else because the ridiculous things you post speak for themselves. this so far being one of my favorites

I am a very aggressive,determined and focused rider. Every ride is a Race Run. Very rarely do I go slow or look at the scenery... I just hammer.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
pretty much.

i'm getting so sick of the attitude of people who come out thinking they rule the world because they are finishing top 3 in sport class local DH races. it's down right silly.

i don't even have to say anything else because the ridiculous things you post speak for themselves. this so far being one of my favorites
Actually he placed dead last in both of the northstar races this year in 34 year old sport.

Man I could have sworn he was under 20

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Since I am now getting threats through email.......

I am not the guy who did the yelling!
I am not a friend of the yellers.
I do not back yelling at kids.

My point was really to many people go down trails at N star that they shouldnt be on.
This kids sounded like a classic case to me.

Read the whole thread morons......

The original post stated he was on the jump standing when riders came through at a high rate of speed. This is classic dangerous beginner stuff that shouldn't happen on that trail. The kid got yelled at just like I would get yelled at for standing on the jump.
I learned at a very young age you do not stop on course you move to the side.

Thats it.

If anyone wants a piece of me come see me.
Flexing over email is so weak..........
Life is full of small disappointments. Slowing down on a "race run" because there is a kid standing there because decided to pass on one step-up is one of those small disappointments.

What makes this situation bad is when riders show no class. Considering this kid was with several adults who all have season passes, I'm sure it was simply bad timing that he stopped right when Sam Hill and Nathan Rennie decided to perform synchronized downhill runs on Livewire.

If the passing riders had slowed down and said nothing, this would have been a non-incident.

And relax Francis. I doubt the regular members of RM are getting their jollies by "e-threatening" you. We do get off on criticism, and you're an obvious target.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
I'll be up at Northstar tomorrow and for the race on Sunday. Say hi. Seriously. I'll buy you something to drink or we can hit Livewire and on the lifts we can talk.

EDIT: No one hates you on the forum. You might be a really nice guy. We don't know. Peeps are reacting of what you have posted. I for one think it was wrong to come across like that but we all have our opinions.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm going up there too. I am bringing a large group of deaf and paraplegic children for a picnic. Which double black diamond trail is best to lay out blankets and has the best wheelchair access?

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
I'm going up there too. I am bringing a large group of deaf and paraplegic children for a picnic. Which double black diamond trail is best to lay out blankets and has the best wheelchair access?
awesomeness.

this weekend i am going to take up 'lift access free style walking' down livewire. that's going to be my new thing.

if you see me out there throwing some sweet freestyle walking moves - give me a shout out. you, me, and the deafies can go get some drinks down at big wave.

May 13, 2008
The Bay.
Admin edit: learn when to quit.

I will be man enough to say maybe I was rude in my comments. But ruining the scene is pushing it. I feel I am being pushed/lumped into a crowd I don't associate with. I was merely standing up from the perspective of someone who might wanna be hitting that trail at speed.

Getting in an argument here is one thing, but Someone sent me a personal email...... Thats weak.

We all have different ideas what ideal riding is.

I will agree to disagree. We are all in this for fun.

As for my fantasticl 2 last place finishes yes Northstar will kill you and your bike.
2 races this year = 1 fork, 1 rear wheel, 1 rear derailer and a new helmet.....:nopity:

Like I said 6" travel bike is tough to hang on out at the Star......
Jb I wont be out this weekend... I still need to get a new full face... and money is tight....

But Yes if anyone ever wants to talk to me feel free I am not the evil person I seem on here....

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
I've got a TLD D2 that I do not wear anymore that I'm willing to let ya borrow if you need. It's the blue/black flame composite...'04.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Sounds like this thread may be starting to drift in this direction:

But I would like to make one comment:
Getting in an argument here is one thing, but Someone sent me a personal email...... Thats weak.
I don't think that's weak (unless it's a personal threat or something). It's often more appropriate to move heated discussions to one-on-one via PM or email, rather than out in the forum for everyone on the interwebs to witness. Just like in "real life", if you have a beef with someone, go discuss it with them directly.

Just thought I'd post that here on the forum for everyone on the interwebs to witness.

YMMV.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
As a follow-up, Amy has a lot of "real world" friends on this forum, including myself and Kidwoo.

If she has a complaint, we are going to be on her side, and not because she is a gnar rider or she brings cookies to the trailhead. Mostly because she doesn't complain unless she has a point.

I understand why people who are stopped should be off the trails. I even criticized dog walkers in a thread in the Diablo forum.

What I like about RM is the great riders and their willingness to share their opinions. I bet when you eventually meet Kidwoo or AmyD, you will be impressed in many ways.

Unfortunately, you will never see me at N* because it is too difficult and rocky for my tastes. China Camp forevah!

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
Wow, this thread is pretty interesting (mostly in a bad way)...
I just thought I would chime and try to turn it around a little more positive. I regularly ride or have ridden with just about everyone posting here (except mr. basixcycle) or posted about (including little 8yr old ripper) and I have huge respect to all of them I know. That respect comes from sheer riding talent in some cases and/or for the great attitudes these people have. And isn't that why we ride - to hang out with great people and the personal challenge along the way?

Point being to the little ridemonkey instigator - don't go displaying your interweb balls - no one wants to see them and you have no idea who you are talking too. Sport Class racing is really not that badass, and talking like you're the next damn Steve Peat will only make you sound like a utter jackass when it finally comes out that you can't even win a local sport class dh race. There is a huge difference between TALKING about riding fast and actually RIDING fast. So if you really are as fast as you think you are, why aren't you racing this Sunday? Excuses on equipment failures are weak and just that, only excuses... everyone has something break, but if you have a good attitude and friends, they will help you out. And I too will lend you my spare fullface helmet to use while 'tearing it up' out there, because I'm nice like that and always willing to give the benefit of the doubt to people. If you have aspirations, follow them, but some modesty might get you further.

Northstar is fun, riding with friends is fun, and yes even racing can be fun. But when it comes down to it we're all spending our free time doing the same silly inane thing: moving through the woods on a 2 wheeled human powered machine. Riding a bicyce isn't all that tuff, even Kermit the Frog can do it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Mr. Amy,

Is the reason why you didn't throw down with these rapscallions is your concern about parole violation or were you were on a mood swing associated with homemade methamphetamine use?

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
Mr. Amy,

Is the reason why you didn't throw down with these rapscallions is your concern about parole violation or were you were on a mood swing associated with homemade methamphetamine use?
Yes, something like that - be quite about that though, my PO might be around.