Quantcast

GMT, TBD [this is the monday one]

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Woke up at 5am :dead:

Headed downtown Toronto today for a meeting thing. I hope to jeebus it ends early so we don't get royally screwed with traffic going home.

Girlfriend comes home from her cruise vacation with mom today. I think the house mostly survived. No animals died, no one puked. Great success, if I do say so myself.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Nice to have some light when getting up.
Ground is frozen. I shall bike capade later.
Should probably break out the table saw and start working on some window trims.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
jokes on you idiots, you can't monday if you don't have a job
that being said I got my first phone screen, so that's cool

kinda want to spend $400 on a shock and tires, but kinda don't as I have no job :(

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Starting in on a refresh of the basement stairs today. De-squeaking, paint, runner, skirt boards (gonna be fun!). Something to keep me busy I guess.

Yesterday I spent an hour feeding the child rocks while she tossed them in the river. Not a bad way to pass the time I do say.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Up way too early thanks to Ms Monday coming in soaked and sitting on me. She feels it's my job to dry her off when it's pouring outside. Not at 4am, but you know. She's a peach.

Got some actual work to do today and hope to knock a few things off my to do list. Be safe out there, they say we might get some small tornadoes because that's a thing in Portland now.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy Shit! There is an unnatural amount of water falling from the sky and the earth has no idea what to do with it all. There is standing water everywhere on my drive in and it's dark as hell out here.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@Full Trucker might have a shock for cheap...
Ha!

The blown shock is headed back to Fox today or tomorrow for service. Threw a Hail Mary out there in the service form to have them “evaluate it for warranty” since it’s just at a year old. Long shot, but why not? My neighbor has the same bike but runs a coil on his, so I’m borrowing his old air shock while mine is being serviced.

Not sure when the NEW rear shock will be shipping… Excited for that, though.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
you shut your filthy mouth. that's just wasted daylight. would much rather have it after work than before I wake up. :butcher:

Yesterday I spent an hour feeding the child rocks while she tossed them in the river. Not a bad way to pass the time I do say.
this was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read "feeding my child rocks": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wolf_and_the_Seven_Young_Goats

Does that make me twisted?

Me: at the office. spent 30 minutes debating with the building manager that they need to improve cycling facilities after he asked me (politely mind you) to not ride across the grass and through the hedge. I explained for 30 minutes how cyclists get the shaft in terms of accommodations and/or infrastructure, and in the end he said "well maybe, but that's not my problem". To which I responded, neither is your grass. people are so short-sighted... sigh.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I have been traffic this morning (because dropping off kid then ortho follow up visit all the way across town for my knee).

IMG_1055.jpeg

after this I shall pick up my bike with newly rebuilt rear wheel, ride (check out Mountain Lion conditions?), have a short Zoom meeting re research things, then pick up my Baby Aya via cargo bike.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ground is frozen. I shall bike capade later.
Should probably break out the table saw and start working on some window trims.
That is just a cruel joke here as every morning brings an impenetrably thick cloud layer.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So with all the new construction, the flow of water at work has changed. There is no drain on this corner by my office and it's almost across the road already.

PXL_20231106_151746079.jpg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I have been traffic this morning (because dropping off kid then ortho follow up visit all the way across town for my knee).

View attachment 203196

after this I shall pick up my bike with newly rebuilt rear wheel, ride (check out Mountain Lion conditions?), have a short Zoom meeting re research things, then pick up my Baby Aya via cargo bike.
Careful of Mt. Lion after it has snowed... :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Go do a Longhorn, perfect conditions up there. ML "could" still have slick snow conditions as @SkaredShtles suggested, although it's only 8850ft at the top so who knows.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wife and I agreed to divorce last week so 2023 continues to add a new twist on life. The classic growing apart story. Boys are getting big and took it pretty relaxed. Selling the house and already seeing the first real estate agent tomorrow. I am happy to finally rip of the bandaid and it was not a surprise to her either even if I took the initiative.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Wife and I agreed to divorce last week so 2023 continues to add a new twist of life. The classic growing apart story. Boys are getting big and took it pretty relaxed. Selling the house and already seeing the first real estate agent tomorrow. I am happy to finally rip of the bandaid and it was not a surprise to her either even if I took the initiative.
Sounds like y'all are in a good place with it? Good luck through the process, dude.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wife and I agreed to divorce last week so 2023 continues to add a new twist of life. The classic growing apart story. Boys are getting big and took it pretty relaxed. Selling the house and already seeing the first real estate agent tomorrow. I am happy to finally rip of the bandaid and it was not a surprise to her either even if I took the initiative.
Glad to hear you two are moving forward to being in a better spot relationship-wise. :thumb:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Spent the morning dealing with Google for Wifey's phone. Hannah was so incredibly horrible while we were at the race, that as a means of transiting the "I'm going to throw you off the deck" energy, Wifey's phone was sacrificial. I can only imagine how bad she was to push wifey that hard... So, Wifey has a new phone coming, but through a comedy of errors, we can't get her phone number swapped over to one of the old phones. So, she has Haley's phone for the next few days. Needless to say, both want me to fix it NOW.

We also might be getting a small trailer now, so that we can take Hannah to the track with us. That's how much she pissed Wifey off... I might be getting a trailer.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
eeesh, sorry to hear it friend. despite it eventually leading to a better place, it's never easy. Hope you navigate these troubled waters well. All my friends who have gone through this have come through the other side happier (and healthier), despite the journey being arduous. Feel free to vent, it's what we're here for!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sounds like y'all are in a good place with it? Good luck through the process, dude.
It’s not easy of course and I get the full blame because I took the initiative but I think the boys will understand but it will be shitty until house is sold and we are fully separated.