Quantcast

go fuck yourself friday....

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Felt good enough to finally ride my bike. I took it easy and kept the pulse down and just did a chill ride. It was good for body and mind. Took the youngest to soccer game and he scored a goal and was happy. Weather is still super dry with no rain in sight. I will ride more tomorrow.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Gotta love when the supply chain fails to purchase a $6 component that we use 400 of per year after it was discontinued. Instead, it now requires an engineering redesign that'll take 6 months (at least) and cost $50K+.

Solid effort team!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, most riding here is fire road or climbing trail up, chundery single track down. I tend to just noodle my way up, so going down is definitely more effort!

I have been getting cramps in my quads lately about 2.5 to 3 hours into riding. Need to figure out if it is fitness or diet related…
Same. The climbing is easier because my pace is what one may call relaxed. There is the occasional steep section that I have to push through but with the magic of gearing still within a sustainable effort.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Gotta love when the supply chain fails to purchase a $6 component that we use 400 of per year after it was discontinued. Instead, it now requires an engineering redesign that'll take 6 months (at least) and cost $50K+.

Solid effort team!
Imagine the savings on inventory costs though!

Ebay

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Baby Aya got hit (lightly, just enough to knock her off, scraped knuckles) by a guy in a Grand Cherokee who rolled through a stop sign from a road intersecting on the right. She’s ok and I gave the guy an earful and a half.

Then I got hailed on yet again out at LotB. New trail there, Rutabega. It is fun. Only 900’ on the short loop including getting to it.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Really need to spend time on a bike getting fit. Alsea shuttle days are right around the corner and I am afraid that I don’t even have the fitness for a full day of shuttling.
Pump track riding will get you fit.
Alsea didn't exist when I lived there, but sounds awesome from what I have seen. Maybe a little too flow trail-ish.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Baby Aya got hit (lightly, just enough to knock her off, scraped knuckles) by a guy in a Grand Cherokee who rolled through a stop sign from a road intersecting on the right. She’s ok and I gave the guy an earful and a half.

Then I got hailed on yet again out at LotB. New trail there, Rutabega. It is fun. Only 900’ on the short loop including getting to it.
Dude!?!?

Good on you for not going to jail for assault.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Last night my wife couldn't decide what she wanted for dinner, so she figured she would hit Burgerville (it's a mile down the street) and get a chicken sandwich. She got to the speaker and panicked, ordered a bacon cheeseburger because it was first on the menu. :rofl:

She got home and said "when have I ever ordered a bacon cheeseburger? I totally panicked."

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last night my wife couldn't decide what she wanted for dinner, so she figured she would hit Burgerville (it's a mile down the street) and get a chicken sandwich. She got to the speaker and panicked, ordered a bacon cheeseburger because it was first on the menu. :rofl:

She got home and said "when have I ever ordered a bacon cheeseburger? I totally panicked."

Cool under pressure. Has she considered a career in law enforcement?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
DC5A0888-72FC-4345-8C03-EDE773EAA17F.jpeg

Did some more crop scouting this afternoon

That is cover crop that should be brown like the rest. I am generally a cool headed person. Considering the could hundred K we give the co-op I might have lost my cool. My blood pressure is more elevated than it should be.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

With @chuffer on this one. Nobody would say a thing if Dr. Toshi lost his shit and sent said driver to the hospital. I doubt DPD would have a very positive response to the driver. "Let's get this straight... You hit the toddler in your car. The dad got mad and pounded you head into the bumper so that you would understand what getting hit by a car is like. And you called us, to do something about him? I'm not sure that I see anything negative that occured here beyond you running a stop sign and hitting a toddler."

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
got in a quick ride. 'twas nice. they were doing a little race there so i rode a bit and hing out and shot the shit with peeps a bit. now off to a brewery with teh wife for a friend's bday and then to get the 13yo from the pool and make pizzas...

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Rammstein concert in town today and Saturday. 45,000 persons each day. The highway towards town was a shitshow when I drove home. Let us see how many young women Till Lindemann grooms this weekend. ;)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
yes I do have violent anger issues which Is why I do not drink alcohol
Hey! Me too!

My shrink referred to the amount of drinking I was doing at the time as a "maladaptive coping mechanism". For some reason that really clicked with me. Definitely still subject to the anger issues from time to time, but I can recognize it for what it is now, which helped a lot with cutting back on the booze.

I guess what I decided was that, for me, there is a place for the occasional drink, but using it to deal with my shit didn't benefit anyone.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hey! Me too!

My shrink referred to the amount of drinking I was doing at the time as a "maladaptive coping mechanism". For some reason that really clicked with me. Definitely still subject to the anger issues from time to time, but I can recognize it for what it is now, which helped a lot with cutting back on the booze.

I guess what I decided was that, for me, there is a place for the occasional drink, but using it to deal with my shit didn't benefit anyone.

I thought I had anger issues until I was just walking down the street and some random lady looked at me and said "you are going to get bombed, you fucking ingrate".

Although she probably had more serious psychological problems.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I learned my neighbor has a new dog when it raided my chicken coop tonight. The neighbors daughter showed up with a leash about 45 seconds before I dispatched the dog. Damn it. At least 4 dead birds. Next time its gonna die.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I learned my neighbor has a new dog when it raided my chicken coop tonight. The neighbors daughter showed up with a leash about 45 seconds before I dispatched the dog. Damn it. At least 4 dead birds. Next time its gonna die.

Shoot the neighbor, not the dogs fault.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Shoot the neighbor, not the dogs fault.
I don't even want to get started on the neighbor. Its definitly his fault. So many issues there. I feel bad for his daughter who walked into a scene of dead birds and feathers and me standing there about to put down her dog.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It's winter, was a chilly 23 degrees croissant today.
Great. Now I'm hungry for a croissant.

yes I do have violent anger issues
Have you thought about perhaps purchasing an assault weapon? I hear they are very popular these days...

I thought I had anger issues until I was just walking down the street and some random lady looked at me and said "you are going to get bombed, you fucking ingrate".
Like bombed as in plastered or literally bombed as in explosive devices? So many questions...

oh, man.
Neighbors.
Maybe just shoot the South African, and call it good?
I thought we were going to shoot the hostage?