Quantcast

Go-Ride now Taking DW DHR pre-orders

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
With the current exchange rate into £££ that's a pretty standard RRP for a frame, you guys have it waaaaay to easy. I will seriously hate to see the price after it's been through the UK distributor!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
With the current exchange rate into £££ that's a pretty standard RRP for a frame, you guys have it waaaaay to easy. I will seriously hate to see the price after it's been through the UK distributor!
Not all frames are crazy expensive in the uk. All freeborn prices are pretty decent. Seen some other good prices too although i have to agree - most us prices are crazy low anyway.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Most likely, it will be that price, but with a £ in front in the UK.
Seriosuly? How many frames over 3k£ you see in the uk? Most ones are in the 1800-2500 range. Some for less. Banshee legend with 2999$ msrp goes for 1999 pounds. Don't get overly pesimistic ;)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Damn that frame looks overly complicated. Lots of machining and welding on there.
Yeah, it is at least pretty clearly an expensive frame to make. That, and the huge amount of R&D time they clearly spent on it (we've been hearing about this things for how long now?) adds up for sure.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Yeah, it is at least pretty clearly an expensive frame to make. That, and the huge amount of R&D time they clearly spent on it (we've been hearing about this things for how long now?) adds up for sure.
ya no joke. Definitely not cheap to make, hope its worth it.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
I've heard - from a very reliable Pinkbike source - that if you breathe on the brakes wrong it'll buck you over the handlebars, too.
I heard Steve Hill or Sam Smith or someone said it had the worst linkage design in the world.

Hope it rides nice (esp for that price), doesn't look quite as clean as the proto but maybe the looks will grow on me.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I heard Steve Hill or Sam Smith or someone said it had the worst linkage design in the world.

Hope it rides nice (esp for that price), doesn't look quite as clean as the proto but maybe the looks will grow on me.
Hopefully it looks better built up. I heard that the head angle is so steep that you will be lucky to even ride it at sea otter...

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
i like the new proto a lot more. easier access to the shock, the frame is lighter, stiffer, slacker, lower, and the tubes flow nicely. on paper this makes the Glory look like an mid-80's steel hardtail. :D (j/k, i would love to ride the glory, too.)

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
From a totally cosmetic standpoint, I like the older proto better, but the production version does have some obvious advantages.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
odd that after a full season of testing / racing on the 1st gen proto they're going into production w/ the fully re-designed gen 2 that hasn't seen the (public) light of day. i'm assuming it's been beat upon by some pros, where be the pics?

for what it's worth, i prefer the aesthetics of the new variation; all the technical bits massed centrally & low, with clean simple structures at the perimeters. neat.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
LUST Tubeless Technology
New for 2006. Maxxis Cross Country and Freeride Tubeless tires, certified to UST standards, now feature Lightweight Ultimate Sidewall Technology (LUST). LUST offers better puncture resistance, improved air retention, better longevity and lower weight than previous tubeless technologies.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Wow... looking good DW & DT! Would love to check one out one of these days!

Who's going to have on in Quebec? ;)

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I've heard - from a very reliable Pinkbike source - that if you breathe on the brakes wrong it'll buck you over the handlebars, too.
That's weird... my source on Ridemonkey told me that simply exposing it to daylight can cure leprosy, impregnate virgins, and sync the carbs on a bevel-head Ducati. Although I guess our sources aren't technically contradictory.

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
That's weird... my source on Ridemonkey told me that simply exposing it to daylight can cure leprosy, impregnate virgins, and sync the carbs on a bevel-head Ducati. Although I guess our sources aren't technically contradictory.
Can it diagnose and fix subi headgaskets though?

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Price seems on point.. I just hate the only color option is anodized black, what is this a model t?(OK looks cooler in the proto pics, but still..)

Last edited: