Quantcast

Go-Ride now Taking DW DHR pre-orders

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I agree, those renderings definitely look stiffer :rolleyes:

quoted directly from Dave Turner about the new proto.

Old 01-08-2010 #2
turnerbikes
mtbr member

late spring
Sorry for the delay, and yes it will be worth the wait but we understand if you don't wanna.
We will be posting images from the SolidWorks files in a week. Please don't hold us responsible for soiled pants, it is a notable change for the DHR and in the process we were able to increase stiffness and drop weight, but it does look different than the protos or any previous DHR. Form follows function.

DT

now go sit in the corner, moronboy. :rolleyes:

TrailzHozer

Monkey
Jan 29, 2010
quoted directly from Dave Turner about the new proto.

Old 01-08-2010 #2
turnerbikes
mtbr member

late spring
Sorry for the delay, and yes it will be worth the wait but we understand if you don't wanna.
We will be posting images from the SolidWorks files in a week. Please don't hold us responsible for soiled pants, it is a notable change for the DHR and in the process we were able to increase stiffness and drop weight, but it does look different than the protos or any previous DHR. Form follows function.

DT

now go sit in the corner, moronboy. :rolleyes:
Nice to see you resort to name calling as a comeback.

I'm really disappointed that you didn't include a graph to support Dave's statement. :nerd:

Last year I read about the new 2010 RFX....ah scratch that!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Price seems on point.. I just hate the only color option is anodized black, what is this a model t?(OK looks cooler in the proto pics, but still..)
I'm guessing that's the only color option available from GoRide. The 3 stock colors are Black, Raw and the candy apple green from Turner's stock color photos on the site. Or so I was told by some guy who may know something.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Nice to see you resort to name calling as a comeback.

I'm really disappointed that you didn't include a graph to support Dave's statement. :nerd:

Last year I read about the new 2010 RFX....ah scratch that!
when you start with sarcasm :rolleyes: you're going to get called on it, i'm not Jesus. so far almost every post of yours I've read has been you calling somebody out.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
The frames are made at SAPA.

Black ano is for sure, and the logos are lazer etched. Raw is certainly an option, Turner still says Turner green, but the color and graphics aren't 100% set. We just ordered black so far, we can change any sold bikes to green but so far everyone has ordered black or raw.

End of may is the scheduled ship date to us.

At the moment all sizes are still available for pre order.

I personally like that they got rid of the bent seat tube. Plain round bent tubes just look too cheap. it looks much more macho now.

Krispy

Dec 7, 2009
Cloud Kiwi
Some say the reason its taken so long is because the "STIG" has been testing the DHR and demanded the V2 go into production, the STIG says Sam Hill eat my dust, this thing is faster the a Bugatti Veyron and corners quicker the Lamborghini Murcielago and looks better than the Kadashian Twins in a see through nighties.

Ps I like the V2 version, ano black really didn't know they were doing ano again!

I'll have RAW or BLACK when I can get away with what the bankers and Insurance scum have paid back the tax payers for saving there arses!

I do like those nice looking Blackbox cranks on that yellow Tyler Morland ver #27

SCARY

Not long enough
Is anybody disgusted in the prices of these things?.I understand supply,demand.research,overhead, blah, blah ,blah.I appreciate the effort these companies go through to completely reinvent their product line every year,but when I can go out today and buy a 450f honda,kawi etc etc for the same price of some of these bike is pretty nauseating.
I've bought only american made dh bikes prior to 2004 --about $25,000 worth.So I know..i've been suckered too.My current bike is a used Orange224 ,and frankly is the best bike Ive ever ridden.I looks like relic ,is ugly and way too simple and relatively unchanged for years.I really respect a company that is confident enough in thier product to leave it alone for a bit....And all these "swoopy" frames..jeez just gimmee some tubes and bent aluminum.They're ALL "swoopy"!!$$$$!!!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Is anybody disgusted in the prices of these things?.I understand supply,demand.research,overhead, blah, blah ,blah.I appreciate the effort these companies go through to completely reinvent their product line every year,but when I can go out today and buy a 450f honda,kawi etc etc for the same price of some of these bike is pretty nauseating.
I've bought only american made dh bikes prior to 2004 --about $25,000 worth.So I know..i've been suckered too.My current bike is a used Orange224 ,and frankly is the best bike Ive ever ridden.I looks like relic ,is ugly and way too simple and relatively unchanged for years.I really respect a company that is confident enough in thier product to leave it alone for a bit....And all these "swoopy" frames..jeez just gimmee some tubes and bent aluminum.They're ALL "swoopy"!!$$$$!!!

I don't know what you just said but I'm definitely fascinated with your punctuation and feel you probably have some very valid points worth closer consideration.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Scary...
MSRP on a 2010 CRF450 is $8200. So spec a MTB with basic parts (some crap, like on a stock moto) and you would be in the $5k range for a nice DH bike.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Cool CNC work, but I really don't see anything exciting when I imagine how the rear triangle will move.

Meh, the Glory looks a lot more interesting. Wouldn't mind trying a Jedi either.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
2 Giant glory frames cost as much as 1 Turner DHR frae. A Glory complete(All saint/40 etc) is 5350.00. A DHR set up with the same groupo is going to be 7000.00 + :shocked:

TrailzHozer

Monkey
Jan 29, 2010
Since Dave decided to can the RFX - I can see people buying the DHR and converting it into a long travel trail bike.

SCARY

Not long enough
I don't know what you just said but I'm definitely fascinated with your punctuation and feel you probably have some very valid points worth closer consideration.
Sorry that creative punctuation threw you off the basic points.
1.mountain bike frame too expensive.
2.mx product for money ratio ,better.
3.simple design frame very good.
4.enough with expensive swoopy frames.

SCARY

Not long enough
Scary...
MSRP on a 2010 CRF450 is $8200. So spec a MTB with basic parts (some crap, like on a stock moto) and you would be in the $5k range for a nice DH bike.
I paid $6250 +8% for my 08 kawi.I mean you know the biz,so you see both sides.That's pretty close to what alot of guys are paying for 2010s.
Most of us get some sort of deal on stuff anyway ,but I know the current economic situation has affected my shop rate severely.
The local Honda shop has new 08 250fs for $3500 otd.I know it's not all apples to apples ,but I deserved a little rant time and I took it.Good luck on your new gig and hope the familys' doin well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sorry that creative punctuation threw you off the basic points.
1.mountain bike frame too expensive.
2.mx product for money ratio ,better.
3.simple design frame very good.
4.enough with expensive swoopy frames.
re point 2:

you'll see cheaper prices for DH bikes when:

A) there are only half a dozen (major) companies making dh bikes

and

B) the number of people that ride dh bikes more than quintuples.

edit: wouldn't be a moto vs dh discussion without bringing this up

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
MOD EDIT
: please don't quote those who should wear helmets full time.
XENOPHOBIC RANT
Please explain how you by looking can evaluate quality, ride, durability?

Ping pong kids? Where did that come from I would call it borderline racist. Most frames are made in Asia. Please show us some documentation that they weld worse American than welders.

Last edited:

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
I'm curious to see how those rear shock pivots hold up and how much friction they add to the suspension. WAY more rotation than any other bike I've seen and the worst placement possible (less than an inch in front of the tire). They should come stock with that needle bearing kit at both ends.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
XENOPHOBIC RANT
Robotic welders are usually much better than human welders at this point. The quality of product coming out of asia far exceeds most bikes made in north america now.

So yes, it's a no brainer. I'd get a much cheaper, quality asian built bike almost every time.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Robotic welder at kawasaki?

We all know big manufacturers use robots. Robots who do not get tired, hate mondays, want to go home on fridays or demand sub par wages and abusive treatment. ;)

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I'm picturing the cyborg descendants of Genghis Khan with a TIG welder instead of a right arm. Blasted on fermented yak's milk, fabbing Glorys.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
Technology
Merida is the only frame-building company that uses this complex technology for welding bikeframes made out of aluminium.

Different to conventional handmade frames, welding- robots always work with the same precision; they don’t know tempers and headaches. Experienced welding-engineers arrange the set-up of the welding-robots thoroughly and observe the process continuously.

We control the consistency of the welding with spot samples. The results are convincing: Robot-welded frames are permanently at a higher level of strength than handmade aluminium frames. In addition to that the welding-structure is absolutely consistent. On higher level frame-models, we optimize the welds with a further operation: the Smooth Welding process provides, through a second welding run without using a welding-rod, smooth and shapely joins of the highest stability.

That is why you can feel certain that at Merida, perfectly welded aluminium-frames are born.
One piece like the other. Yours, too. MERIDA ROBOT-WELDING represents our commitment to quality. Furthermore the use of robots in frame-production is one factor that allows top quality being affordable for you.