Quantcast

Goggle Color Choices

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
Many of you already know why i'm asking... i'm just not getting into too much detail about it right now (sorry).... but i'd like to get you guys involved & get your input!

Right now I'd like to see what colors you guys like for goggles?
OTHER than the colors listed below
- Black
- White
- Red
- Blue

ALSO... what about solid colors VS translucent ("see though" or "clear" colors") which do u like better?

Thanks! :D

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Im all for the neon colours with black maybe a neon and black checker or plaid design could be cool. I also reckon the silver carbon that some road frames are comming in would be sweet or brushed alloy and black. These may not be everyones cup of tea but i'd buy them. Sooner or later my neon green and black goggles will go out of fashion

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
I would try and see what the biggest "main" colors trends are for 2007/2008 helmets and use that to gauge what goggle colors you want to focus on. I would think the biggest market would want something to either match there helmet scheme or contrast it.

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
what about solid colors VS translucent ("see though" or "clear" colors") which do u like better?
I'm assuming you are talking about lenses? I think the best vision wise are yellow and red when going in and out of the woods. I actually use acouple different ones depending on the weather. If its sunny use something with a yellow tint or mirrored lenses and if its overcast clear lenses so i can see better.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
honestly lense choice is more important then frame choice. A company with 10+ lense choices will win my biz before a cool looking frame or band

Single and dual layer
red
blue
yellow
clear
smoke
mirrored
light smoke

Jan 8, 2007
Ladera Ranch
How about "DEEMAX YELLOW".
Many brands make yellow gear, but no one can ever match DEEMAX Yellow. This is stupid because if you are buying yellow gear you are probably trying to match DEEMAX.

Jettj45

Monkey
Oct 20, 2005
Butthole of NC
I like what he said like DEEMAX frame with the black decails too and a white strap w/ same black decails and maybe some whiteish or yellow frosty lenses.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
hahah...some of these answers are funny.. thanks nonetheless!

yah, i'm talking frame colors... not lenses at this point

...in reference to lenses... (from what i've dealt with), most mtbers use the following

- clear
- smoke
- mirror (clear & smoke)
- blue

yellow & amber are used only on occasion... generallly somewhat low light & foggy conditions (more on the east coast of the US). there are a few riders that use yellow in more all around conditions than others

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Riding I mostly use clear lenses, sometimes a yellow. I don't use darker tints on the bike, but the option of a darker or mirror lens is nice for boarding in winter.