Quantcast

++Good Friday Morning Monkeys++

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I figured I'd step in and get the GMT going today.

So how is everyone? I feel a cold or allergies coming on and it's pissin me off.

Had a good ride last night with MBC and Laura - 17 miles on the road, and we got in just in the nick of time.

Looks like rain is in the forecast for this part of New England this weekend - damned rain! :mad:

What hase everyone got in store for this weekend?

Anybody travelling long distances for Mother's Day?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning MMcG.

5th day in a row that I could not ride and the 5th day of perfect riding weather. I'm sure that as soon as I can ride again it won't stop raining. No plans for the weekend. Went to the gym last night and lifted weights. I'll be back on the road in Crapsworth next week.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
goodbody every morning.. im tired.. not enough sleep last night . I was out till 11, in bed at 11:30, went to sleep at 12:30 :thumb: . woke at 4 to go to work.

what makes it worse rain is scheduled for all day tommorw so no riding and i cant even push it to sun cause of mothers day. :nopity: oh well.. next week should be better

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Well we were hoping to ride tomorrow, but it looks like rain later today, tomorrow, and Sunday. This is the third friggin rainy weekend in a row. :mad:

Sunday is full of mom's day stuff.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Look, Mark, I let you off once as "fair use", but this repeated infringing of my copyrighted "++" brackets is not going to go unpunished.

Your punishment is thus: I have had the courts destroy all evidence of your divorce proceedings, and you must go through the entire process again. :D

Grilled up some dinner for my Jenn's family last night, was a good time. Her dad brought over some decent beer. Gave her mom a potted flower for Mother's Day.

Heading up to Maine tomorrow morning. It'll be a long drive, but nice to see my mom and sister again.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Good morning...I bought a Tom Bihn bag last night...thanks Monkeys for sending me that link! :thumb:
Tomorrow....the mom and I are headiing out house hunting...pre-approval letter is in hand, so I can't keep putting this part off...Fingers crossed I find something worthwhile!
I got her a huge bottle of baileys and cointreau filled chocolates for Mom's day.

Sunday I fly out to FL!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all... Didn't do much yesterday. Took my daughter to get a haircut and then we went to the park and played for a while. I'm back at work today and hoping my new fork will show up here this morning. C'mon big, brown truck!! As for Mother's Day, I'll be working.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
Mornin took my anual physicle last night for the fire station had to blow into that stupid tube like 5 times cus the nurse did it wrong (not cool)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
McGRP01 said:
Morning all... Didn't do much yesterday. Took my daughter to get a haircut and then we went to the park and played for a while. I'm back at work today and hoping my new fork will show up here this morning. C'mon big, brown truck!! As for Mother's Day, I'll be working.
Tigg - be on the lookout for a USPS truck and not a big brown truck if your new fork is the same as my old one. I sent it out via USPS c/o your employer per your PM to me.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
Morning , did an Awesome ride last night!

Suppose to do another ide today at lunch ( road Probably ) and another night ride tonight. Tonights is suppose to be with my Son and RIP
You buyin that bike tonight too?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
binary visions said:
Look, Mark, I let you off once as "fair use", but this repeated infringing of my copyrighted "++" brackets is not going to go unpunished.

Your punishment is thus: I have had the courts destroy all evidence of your divorce proceedings, and you must go through the entire process again. :D

Hahaha - I knew I'd get a comment out of you like that bv!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I hit that new to me local xc spot last night

The place is definitely a challange for me......on the 1st lap I decided my bike skills suck - I had 15 "stops" (either fell, put a foot down/stopped or couldnt make a climb) and the loop is just 4.6 miles

I did another lap, this time 10 "stops" and I shaved 2 minutes off my lap time

my legs have a scraps, cuts, and even a nice swollen spot

I also felt slow as hell..........but it was a good time :D

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Hmm, Friday morning. Got exempt from my morning classes because i have the AP Euro National exam this afternoon. After that i'm going DJing, and then i have no idea after that.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
MMcG said:
I figured I'd step in and get the GMT going today.

So how is everyone? I feel a cold or allergies coming on and it's pissin me off.

Looks like rain is in the forecast for this part of New England this weekend - damned rain! :mad:

Ehhhh! I'm starting to feel the effects of the cold my wife had earlier this week. I'm walking around with sudafed head - weee. I've got that thick slimy stuff that gets in your ears and makes you dizzy too. Mmmmm Mmmmm. I feel your pain!

Its cold here today. Supposed to rain this afternoon and maybe some tomorrow. I got up at 6am this morning and went downtown to help out with "bike to work day" I gave out t-shirts and buttons to commuter bikers. I was maybe 1 of 2 mountain bike commuters there out of about 70 or so people. It was still pretty fun. There was real good coffee from the local cafe and snacks from Wholefoods. I got to meet the Mayor. That was pretty cool. She's very friendly and seems very interested in transportation related issues.

Hopefully tomorrow the weather will hold out and I'll get to go to the 'shed (the local DH/FR spot.) There is supposed to be a clean up going on. I haven't been up there yet so I want to go help out and meet some folks and maybe get shown around a little. Its kind of a "how you know" kind of spot if you know what I mean so I want to put in some effort and hopefully get something out of it.

That's all for me.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
been down south (althoguh it's not really much warmer down there) since monday, in greenville SC. pretty nice little town, and the mountains are close by (although i just saw 'em in the distance from 85). being on the road is a bit of a drag, and now this weekend looks like another washout. oh well.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
So how is everyone?
Had a couple of Stinko De Mayo drinks last night and some good mexican food, and I'm feeling OK, except for the tail end of this cold everyone is fighting.

Hoped to get a road ride in tonight & a trail ride in tomorrow morning, but the weatherman says that it aint going to happen.:(

Tomorrow i'll have a julep or 2.:drool:

Sunday were having 18 people over for mothers day brunch:help: . We're making quiche, fruit salad, and french toast casserole......

I hope to get in a ride when that's all over with.:D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
oh yeah, props to antoine and the boys in green. good win last night.

couldn't believe pierce's technical. what a surreal way to almost blow the most important game of '05.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
oh yeah, props to antoine and the boys in green. good win last night.

couldn't believe pierce's technical. what a surreal way to almost blow the most important game of '05.
Pierce owes Walker HUGE for that. Pierce would have been forever tagged as a goat if they lost that game.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
Had a couple of Stinko De Mayo drinks last night and some good mexican food, and I'm feeling OK, except for the tail end of this cold everyone is fighting.

Hoped to get a road ride in tonight & a trail ride in tomorrow morning, but the weatherman says that it aint going to happen.:(

Tomorrow i'll have a julep or 2.:drool:

Sunday were having 18 people over for mothers day brunch:help: . We're making quiche, fruit salad, and french toast casserole......

I hope to get in a ride when that's all over with.:D
Did you get a grill yet? ;)

Your brunch menu sounds pretty damned good! :drool:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
MMcG said:
Tigg - be on the lookout for a USPS truck and not a big brown truck if your new fork is the same as my old one. I sent it out via USPS c/o your employer per your PM to me.
Just got it Mark!!! Thanks!!!! :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
New road bike didn't arrive yesterday, not that it would have mattered since I was at work until 1:00 am. Hopefully it will arrive today, I was looking forward to doing the 70 mile ride to my Mom's house and back on Sunday.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
New road bike didn't arrive yesterday, not that it would have mattered since I was at work until 1:00 am. Hopefully it will arrive today, I was looking forward to doing the 70 mile ride to my Mom's house and back on Sunday.
What the hell can be so important at work that it would keep you there until 1:00? Are you nailing the maid?

J

JRB

Good morning, Mark. I hope to ride a good bit this weekend.

*thanks for not trying to rip the bling GMT that BV thinks he copyrighted.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco said:
*thanks for not trying to rip the bling GMT that BV thinks he copyrighted.
You're not really good with details, are you?

That was IAB's comment, not mine :eviltongu

J

JRB

binary visions said:
You're not really good with details, are you?

That was IAB's comment, not mine :eviltongu
No - I suck at details. Please forgive. :o:

*edit - IAB is such a catty bitch. :think:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
1:00am...YIKES!!!! :dead: They're really crackin' the whip lately.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
I hit that new to me local xc spot last night

The place is definitely a challange for me......on the 1st lap I decided my bike skills suck - I had 15 "stops" (either fell, put a foot down/stopped or couldnt make a climb) and the loop is just 4.6 miles

I did another lap, this time 10 "stops" and I shaved 2 minutes off my lap time

my legs have a scraps, cuts, and even a nice swollen spot

I also felt slow as hell..........but it was a good time :D
New local spot huh? I actually rode with Heather at "The Pitts" last night. She didn't kill me :thumb: :D That place is fast & fun...never been there before, but I will be going back for more!