Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Well we had a little bit of sun this morning, I washed the car but that will all be for not since it's about to start pouring again!!
Anybody got any plans for the weekend?

Hope ya all have a great day and a great weekend!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
mornin Stosh.

Both kids are sick, so I'm taking a half-day to take care of them. Also, today is the last day with my 4Runner... it's being traded on on an 06 Tacoma.

Looks like the weekend will be a rainout, so I doubt I'll get in any riding, but I am taking my road bike home this weekend as it's in desperate need for a tune-up.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good Morning - How come Rip isn't back? :(

Had a good night hanging with Liam and Connor last night.

And today is payday - Yeah!!! Although it is more like payday for my creditors than it is for me personally. ugh.

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Yo whats up stosh,My weekend will be filled with getting ready to go to mount snow,Packing ,working on the bikes ect.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Finally had it with the bike shop. 1 month and they still have not finished the job. I will never again go back there as that is ridiculous and they haven't even given me the curteousy of calling me back to let me know the status of everything. So, 1 month of prime riding season wasted, I hope that shop burns down to the ground.

Tonight, and tomorrow I plan to attend the graduation parties of a few friends. Should be fun.

Doubt I will ride this weekend as more rain sweeps across the region. However, I plan to go golfing Sunday, see what I can do.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Stosh, how DARE you wash your car today... I need to take the Spitfire out for a test drive this afternoon... :redhot:

Plans for the w/e.... cars of course... Volvo tech day gathering tomorrow... British car show on Sunday...

Someday I'll ride a bike again... :nopity:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning. We were supposed to have trail maintenance tonight, but it's raining (and has been) for a while now, so I"m not sure if it will happen or not... If it clears up enough tomorrow, Bluebug and Rob are headed up my way for a day of riding at our SMBA trails. Should be a good time and it's always nice to meet new monkeys. :) Sunday the fam is headed over to a friends house for a BBQ.

TGIF!!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
decide to say F the rain, and did almost 3 hours of riding trails yesterday, man was I one muddy mofo afterwards, but I definitely was in a better mood.

big suprise, showers/rain today, Sat & Sun :mumble:

might kayak Sat, and doing a xc race Sunday

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello. Is it Friday yet?

Had a decent workout last night followed by grilled shrimp on the barbie with sticky rice and green beans. I have a playoff hockey game tonight. It's been two weeks since our last game and we usually suck after long layoffs, so I hope that isn't the case tonight.

Heading down to NJ Sunday for a week. Boy, that'll be almost as much fun as narlus's Italy trip.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I Are Baboon said:
Hello. Is it Friday yet?

Had a decent workout last night followed by grilled shrimp on the barbie with sticky rice and green beans. I have a playoff hockey game tonight. It's been two weeks since our last game and we usually suck after long layoffs, so I hope that isn't the case tonight.

Heading down to NJ Sunday for a week. Boy, that'll be almost as much fun as narlus's Italy trip.
Where in NJ?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. It's raining (again). Not much going on for once...I'm on call fro my job so any (potential) riding this weekend will be limited to the Pine Bush - where I can sprint back to the car if needed, plus it has a sandy base so it drains well.. Working at the 'Tube tomorrow - 2nd job while on call for the 1st is ALWAYS a potentially fun and/or disasterous time.

I'm off a chunk of next week so HOPEFULLY I'll get some riding in!

Over and out - Jim.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jim Mac said:
Morning. It's raining (again). Not much going on for once...I'm on call fro my job so any (potential) riding this weekend will be limited to the Pine Bush - where I can sprint back to the car if needed, plus it has a sandy base so it drains well.. Working at the 'Tube tomorrow - 2nd job while on call for the 1st is ALWAYS a potentially fun and/or disasterous time.

I'm off a chunk of next week so HOPEFULLY I'll get some riding in!

Over and out - Jim.

water tower section was closed the other day

http://www.albanypinebush.org/current_events/newsletter_events.htm

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Good morning! Thank heavens it's finally Friday. It's supposed to be gorgeous all weekend, so I will be outside! :weee: I'll be staining my dresser this weekend, and hanging out by the pool between coats, and I hope it turns out well. Cleaned out my car last night, going out with friends tonight, and going to sign loan papers tonight. That's about it; just wish the damn day would go by quicker! Have a good weekend, everyone! :)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
douglas said:
which race you doing?
I bet he's doing the Iron Horse DH race at Snow this Sunday? They got so much rain there that they cancelled practice for this Saturday! I never had much luck at Mt. Snow in the wet...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
Morning

Still raining here :(

Road My fixed gear in to work again. looked very much like my Ride of yesterday , ( see ride reports )

They are talking about 3 inches of rian tonight :eek:

I guess one of these days I should get a New Battery for my car.
I hope it is just your battery and not your alternator that was bad - thus killing your battery (that's what happened to my Windstar and it set me back a little over $500 - ugh).

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
phil said:
Yo whats up stosh,My weekend will be filled with getting ready to go to mount snow,Packing ,working on the bikes ect.
Hey man how's it going?

Mastamind

Chimp
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Good morning.

Today is payday. I still have to work tonight, I hate working friday nights. Probably going to get more riding in tomorrow, take today off, and get some new bike shorts.

splat

Nam I am
MMcG said:
I hope it is just your battery and not your alternator that was bad - thus killing your battery (that's what happened to my Windstar and it set me back a little over $500 - ugh).
I doubt its teh alternator , because it actually charges the battery if I drive for a Bit. it is just teh battery can't hold the charge while its parked.

then again couald always havea short soem wherein the electrical system that is draining said battery.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jim Mac said:
I bet he's doing the Iron Horse DH race at Snow this Sunday? They got so much rain there that they cancelled practice for this Saturday! I never had much luck at Mt. Snow in the wet...

ok, I bet he's going to norba next w/e and racing xc

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mastamind said:
Good morning.

Today is payday. I still have to work tonight, I hate working friday nights. Probably going to get more riding in tomorrow, take today off, and get some new bike shorts.
Do you know Brungeman ?

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Hey Stosh...was thinking this Friday was going to be ok...end of the week and "Cars" premiering tonight (I'm a junkie for Pixar movies)...then the man said I have to do a meeting 7 - 8 tonight.

I cry...

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Ian F said:
Forgive my ignorance, but... why? :wonky2:
It was a simple facing/reaming/headset press job. Supposed to take a couple of days. When I called on the day it was supposed to be done, they said they had lost the tool and had to order a new one. Ok, I can deal with that. However, it took them 2 weeks to order a new one. Then it supposedly got lost in a UPS shipment. Ok, I can deal with that too. So they tell me that they will order one and have it 2 day shipped so I can get my frame back. I call to find out if it is done, and no, it is not. So, fvck em, they have had enough chances. I think I have been more than patient with them.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Heading Upstate for the weekend to do some cat sitting for my mom who's in Chicago. It's a nice excuse to do my laundry and give Rob and me a break from the long drive between us. Plus we're meeting Tigg for some riding! :fingerscrossed:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
As some of you know... I've been riding on my lunch breaks when time/weather allows for the last 6 weeks or so. Yesterday I hit the 250 mile mark for the year (lunch rides only) - I thought that was pretty cool.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Mornin'. Kid duty tonight. Going to ride Saturday A.M. followed up with a burrito from Chipotle. Visit the in-laws on Sunday. Have a great weekend everybody.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Mastamind said:
Good morning.

your from the burgh? where you from? and where do you ride?