~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Echo
Oh and BTW FU all for ignoring my sob story about my new camera :angry:
Where the heck did it go?

I went to read it earlier then my ADD kicked in and I got distracted.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Originally posted by Echo
Man. F*ck Microsoft. So I got this MiniDV camera. Took some footie last night of people doing cool stuff. Also bought a Firewire card for my PC, which runs Win2k pro. Well it turns out that Microsoft had this stroke of F*CKING GENIUS with Win2k pro that makes it different than every other version of Windoze ever. Every PCI card uses the same IRQ. Which is great, unless you want to use a PCI Firewire card. In order to fix the problem, you have to reload Windoze, and disable a bunch of features, which may or may not screw up your system in other ways. So now I have to take that silly PCI firewire card back and get PCMCIA firewire for my laptop. What a f*cking pain in the ass. Oh well. :(
That sucks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Rip
That sucks.
That was such a pitty reply.

Let me know about the Yuengling. I don't want to make any money off it just help a monkey out.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by stosh
I am always so worried I'll forget my shoes. It's a fear I have left over from forgetting my snowboarding boots one time.

I used to work construction. I liked it but I didn't do much riding that summer. It was good hard work and I would give anything to be in that shape now, although my back was way f'd up.

ahhhh an early day thank the stars!!!

Yah i did quite well all things considered found a new trail that had alot of classic on your handlebars/behind your seat downhill and i was focusing more on keeping my feet on the pedals more than the trail.:)
Good thing there was still remnants of hot tar/rubber on the soles, it was just enough to hold fast.

The thing I hated to most was the lack of education of the people I worked with and how they belittled me for having a college degree. That leaves the worst taste in my mouth about the whole time.
Quit yer snivelin, Braniac....

:p ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Skookum
ahhhh an early day thank the stars!!!

Yah i did quite well all things considered found a new trail that had alot of classic on your handlebars/behind your seat downhill and i was focusing more on keeping my feet on the pedals more than the trail.:)
Good thing there was still remnants of hot tar/rubber on the soles, it was just enough to hold fast.

Quit yer snivelin, Braniac....

:p ;)

Hey maybe you've found a new clipless pedal. You could call them La Brea tar CLIPS. :)

Anyway I really loved framing houses and all that went with it. The best part of my job is doing site visits. What exactly do you do?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hey maybe you've found a new clipless pedal. You could call them La Brea tar CLIPS. :)

........:dead:

;)

Anyway I really loved framing houses and all that went with it. The best part of my job is doing site visits. What exactly do you do?
Roofer and Waterproofer, Union worker for the last 6 years working mostly commercial. i used to work on houses for around 3 years doin shingle/cedar shakes/ and torch down. Not great money in residential unless you run your own outfit.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
........:dead:

;)

Roofer and Waterproofer, Union worker for the last 6 years working mostly commercial. i used to work on houses for around 3 years doin shingle/cedar shakes/ and torch down. Not great money in residential unless you run your own outfit.
Nice!
So you're doing flat roofs or like standing seam? You ever do any Buttler Buildings?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Nice!
So you're doing flat roofs or like standing seam? You ever do any Buttler Buildings?
Ya i do both however i haven't done any metal roofing since the Sheet Metal Workers get that work. I have yet to work on Tile as well, but i'm fairly certain i could do both. But as far as standing seam i've done my share of composition/cedar shake.
So Buttler Buildings you mean pre-fab builiding? If so not really, usually jobs that are working pre-fab or looking to go on the cheap all the way around and that excludes us.
I've worked on some pretty cool inner city buildings this is the most recent one....
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=100520
great views, it was funny i have a pal who's an engineer for Hargis and his office is a few blocks away, within sight range. I'd call him on my cel when i was on the roof on that building. Talk from building to building.:)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ya i do both however i haven't done any metal roofing since the Sheet Metal Workers get that work. I have yet to work on Tile as well, but i'm fairly certain i could do both. But as far as standing seam i've done my share of composition/cedar shake.
So Buttler Buildings you mean pre-fab builiding? If so not really, usually jobs that are working pre-fab or looking to go on the cheap all the way around and that excludes us.
I've worked on some pretty cool inner city buildings this is the most recent one....
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=100520
great views, it was funny i have a pal who's an engineer for Hargis and his office is a few blocks away, within sight range. I'd call him on my cel when i was on the roof on that building. Talk from building to building.:)

Dude, I hate heights! That building would have sucked.

Buttler is like long span steel building warehouses and the like. They have their own glue down process for putting the ridged insulation down and the membrane. It's pretty cool.

I like cedar shake. Tile is different because they just like hang there.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Dude, I hate heights! That building would have sucked.

haha the views are incredible, they have safety down now where it would fairly difficult for someone to fall from that height, although some jack ass did drop a monkey wrench from some scaffolding when i was waterproofing on a lower level. it missed me by a foot. grrrr woulda knocked me for a loop, but imagine if that would have fallen over the edge....

anyways just browsing that web site i came across what i've always thought was an odd Seattle building.....
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=119487