Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!!!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well this is my last friday I'll be working for 2 weeks!!! Wahooo!!!!

Which reminds me would anybody like to take over the GMT starting next Friday thur Monday the 23rd?

I didn't do to much last night, I cranked on my bike for a while trying to get my front brake working and I put a set of speedplay frogs on my GF's bike.

Other than that not much else.

What's everybody got planned for the weekend?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Bout time you got here.

Went for a cool ride last night with Tweek and Squid. Except at the end, I'm climbing this pretty nasty hill, well at least it's nasty on a singlespeed. There's some ass on a GF 29" spinning up in his granny. So I say "can I get by?" and he must have decided I was racing him or something, blocked the trail, and killed my momentum, which on a singlespeed means you're walking the rest of the way.

Just another reason to hate 29" bikes I guess :mumble:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Bout time you got here.

Went for a cool ride last night with Tweek and Squid. Except at the end, I'm climbing this pretty nasty hill, well at least it's nasty on a singlespeed. There's some ass on a GF 29" spinning up in his granny. So I say "can I get by?" and he must have decided I was racing him or something, blocked the trail, and killed my momentum, which on a singlespeed means you're walking the rest of the way.

That sucks man!
You should have pushed him over on your way up.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
That sucks man!
You should have pushed him over on your way up.
I've seen this dude before, he seems to think he's better than everyone. Probably why he bought a 29" in the first place. I've roasted his ass up hills on my Blur, so he must have decided this was his day or something :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
I've seen this dude before, he seems to think he's better than everyone. Probably why he bought a 29" in the first place. I've roasted his ass up hills on my Blur, so he must have decided this was his day or something :rolleyes:
ha thats funny! I've never run into people who are mean like that. Then again... rarely am I roasting people up hills.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh

Didn't do much last night... tried to get our boat to start before the Mrs. takes it on vaca tomorrow. No dice though - battery was just too dead. Left it on the trickle charger over night, should be good to go later.

Tonight I'm going to a AA baseball game (Mets v Yanks farm teams), then a fund raiser dinner. Tomorrow I have a golf tournament to play in (also a fund raiser), and sunday I'll be at Paragon all day.

The Mrs and the kid leave for a week of vaca early tomorrow morning, so it's a week of batchelorism for me! WOOOHOOO! I've got a lot of painting to do and a lot of riding to do.

Oh, and the big news is that we may have a temporary CO tonight!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi.

I felt like crap last night. I was light-headed, had a headache, and my entire body was sore, so I didn't ride. But I am all better today. Plus it's jeans day at work. WOO HOO!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I Are Baboon said:
Hi.

I felt like crap last night. I was light-headed, had a headache, and my entire body was sore, so I didn't ride. But I am all better today. Plus it's jeans day at work. WOO HOO!
So you can wear a Hawaiian shirt and jeans, if you want.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Stosh - worked late again - heard nothing about the fate of my proposal which has me really worried and stressed out. Worked on some adjustments to the rebound and compression on my Z1 - feels really good now - made myself a big huge Irish Coffee with plenty of Jameson Irish Whiskey, and then later drank a couple of Dogfish Head Pale Ales and an Indian Brown Ale (the shiznit!).

Another lame-o evening for MMcG :(

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
stosh said:
ha thats funny! I've never run into people who are mean like that. Then again... rarely am I roasting people up hills.
He most likely didn't realize I was on a SS, we need more SS riders around here to raise awareness of SS etiquette :mumble:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
Where are you guys riding on Thursday nights? Isn't Tryon in bad shape? I've gotta come up and get my sportworks carrier from Victor sometime next week. I was thinking about making the trip Thrus and tagging along on the Thursday night ride. Would you guys mind having an out-of-towner tag along?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh

Didn't do much last night... tried to get our boat to start before the Mrs. takes it on vaca tomorrow. No dice though - battery was just too dead. Left it on the trickle charger over night, should be good to go later.

Tonight I'm going to a AA baseball game (Mets v Yanks farm teams), then a fund raiser dinner. Tomorrow I have a golf tournament to play in (also a fund raiser), and sunday I'll be at Paragon all day.

The Mrs and the kid leave for a week of vaca early tomorrow morning, so it's a week of batchelorism for me! WOOOHOOO! I've got a lot of painting to do and a lot of riding to do.

Oh, and the big news is that we may have a temporary CO tonight!
Wow congrats on the CO!!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
leaving work at 12:15......took 1/2 day to get ready for my BBQ saturday, but I did quite a bit already........so I'll definitely have time to hit the trails !

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
He most likely didn't realize I was on a SS, we need more SS riders around here to raise awareness of SS etiquette :mumble:
SS or not... if you're both working up a hill, let the faster guy by. Would have had to dismount to let you by, or could he have moved to the side of the trail and kept cranking? i.e. was the trail wide enough for you to pass while he was still riding?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Morning Stosh - worked late again - heard nothing about the fate of my proposal which has me really worried and stressed out. Worked on some adjustments to the rebound and compression on my Z1 - feels really good now - made myself a big huge Irish Coffee with plenty of Jameson Irish Whiskey, and then later drank a couple of Dogfish Head Pale Ales and an Indian Brown Ale (the shiznit!).

Another lame-o evening for MMcG :(
Um.... Mark... I think you may have a drinking problem.... :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
I'll bring mine when I visit next time Echo - I'm getting a very good looking X-Vert air for the front of it for a tad under $50 to give me a little cush up front.

Where do you guys ride on Thursday nights?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
jacksonpt said:
Where are you guys riding on Thursday nights? Isn't Tryon in bad shape? I've gotta come up and get my sportworks carrier from Victor sometime next week. I was thinking about making the trip Thrus and tagging along on the Thursday night ride. Would you guys mind having an out-of-towner tag along?
We still ride XC there, just no stunts. It's still the best riding close enough to hit after work. We would be happy to take you around the trails, let's see if we can get Victor to come along too :cool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
leaving work at 12:15......took 1/2 day to get ready for my BBQ saturday, but I did quite a bit already........so I'll definitely have time to hit the trails !
cool man!! I want to ride tomorrow.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:

Which reminds me would anybody like to take over the GMT starting next Friday thur Monday the 23rd?

I didn't do to much last night, I cranked on my bike for a while trying to get my front brake working and I put a set of speedplay frogs on my GF's bike.

Other than that not much else.

What's everybody got planned for the weekend?
going to shoot some photos at sugar DH race then i might go paddling (whitewater kayaking) on sunday.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Wow congrats on the CO!!!
Well, it ain't here yet - but we're hoping. Everything will be set for the temp CO except the banister upstairs. They are doing the banister saturday, and our builder is hoping the inpector will let us slide for a day - otherwise we have to wait till next week.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
We still ride XC there, just no stunts. It's still the best riding close enough to hit after work. We would be happy to take you around the trails, let's see if we can get Victor to come along too :cool:
Yea... let's get the old guy to go - maybe I can keep up with him :blah:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Well, it ain't here yet - but we're hoping. Everything will be set for the temp CO except the banister upstairs. They are doing the banister saturday, and our builder is hoping the inpector will let us slide for a day - otherwise we have to wait till next week.
yeah sometimes they will let you slide. Atleast show him you got the materials there too.

Hey man have fun at Paragon too!!!!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
stosh said:
Well, have fun at work.

Had a good ride yesterday. Was 100F when I was loading the bike, but thunder was grumbling in the distance. By the time I made it the trails(7 minute drive), the wind was blowing and the temp must have dropped 10 degrees. Never did rain on me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Wumpus said:
Well, have fun at work.

Had a good ride yesterday. Was 100F when I was loading the bike, but thunder was grumbling in the distance. By the time I made it the trails(7 minute drive), the wind was blowing and the temp must have dropped 10 degrees. Never did rain on me.
Sounds like you got lucky!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Hey man have fun at Paragon too!!!!
Definitely - my steering linkage is lose and rattling, so I gotta get that resolved before I go. I should have some good pics though from the trip.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Definitely - my steering linkage is lose and rattling, so I gotta get that resolved before I go. I should have some good pics though from the trip.
ya know paragon isn't that far from Jim Thorpe.

I heard one of my linkages the other day... or atleast thats what I thought it was. I was doing a tight turn around leaving MTA and as I came off the pavement 3/4 way thru the turn I heard all kinds of creaking.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
Dogfish Indian Brown Ale (the shiznit!).
I've got a cold sixer of IBA in the fridge here at work!:drool:
Fridays are kind of dead here, so we usually have one or 2 with lunch.
The IBA might be one of my all time faves.

And for tonight I get to be a bachelor:
Start with a road ride to the beach, a swim, a ride home & them a big ass bottle of 3 Philosophers. I'll be in bed by 10! :o:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Echo said:
Don't be so sure, the online Echo is much faster than the real life Echo :D
I've got 4 words for ya...

24 Hours of Dalton

Is 24 a word, or a number? so maybe I've got 3 words for ya. Anyways...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
I've got a cold sixer of IBA in the fridge here at work!:drool:
Fridays are kind of dead here, so we usually have one or 2 with lunch.
The IBA might be one of my all time faves.

And for tonight I get to be a bachelor:
Start with a road ride to the beach, a swim, a ride home & them a big ass bottle of 3 Philosophers. I'll be in bed by 10! :o:
Phil me in on this 3 Philosophers stuff Mackie??

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Oh yeah, and I was looking at my Blur this morning, and there's some oil on the back tire that came from the shock, I hope that doesn't mean it's ruined... and there's a big bubble coming out of the side of the tire. Looks like I have some work to do if I'm gonna ride it on Sunday morning :(

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Echo said:
Bout time you got here.

Hah! thats funny. He screwed us up last night too! I was climbing big sandy hill on the tow trail and he just came down the hill skidding all the way! He screwed up my climb because I had to get out of his way?? Dickhead. He is always trying to pass folks in stupid places or just being a dick. That and he has a 29'er ands has to walk every log crossing? I thought thats why you buy a 29'er?? Oh well it was still good riding last night. Good morning everyone.....jdcamb

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
Phil me in on this 3 Philosophers stuff Mackie??
Sure! It's from Ommegang brewery in Cooperstown, NY.
They specialize in belgian-style beer & the company is owned by belgian ex-pats.

3 Philosphers is an Abbey-style quadrouple, but is pretty non-traditional. From their site:
A deep burgundian brew bursting with sweet malt and dark cherry. The perfect marriage of flavor is achieved by blending Lindemans Kriek, a delicious cherry lambic from Belgium, with our rich Belgian-style ale. Crafted with wisdom and patience, this brew will help you unlock the secrets of the universe.
Runs about 10% ETOH, and only comes in 750ml bottles, so one is enough!

BTW - everything from this brewery is great - give some a try if you can find it!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Last night was cool when i got home I took the bike out for a bit but my ipod ran out of battery power early on :think:...then i went out and had some bombay and tonics mmm....and now i am hear at work.

the weekend looks alright, gotta run up to good ol erie pa tomarrow to take some big items up to school, so when i move in they are there for me, prob take the jet skis up and do a little of that while i am at the lake. And prob a ride on sunday in the laurel highlands outside of pittsburgh. O yeah and i am taking my freind out for her 21 st birthday tonight.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Mackie said:
Sure! It's from Ommegang brewery in Cooperstown, NY.
They specialize in belgian-style beer & the company is owned by belgian ex-pats.

3 Philosphers is an Abbey-style quadrouple, but is pretty non-traditional. From their site:
A deep burgundian brew bursting with sweet malt and dark cherry. The perfect marriage of flavor is achieved by blending Lindemans Kriek, a delicious cherry lambic from Belgium, with our rich Belgian-style ale. Crafted with wisdom and patience, this brew will help you unlock the secrets of the universe.
Runs about 10% ETOH, and only comes in 750ml bottles, so one is enough!

BTW - everything from this brewery is great - give some a try if you can find it!

I've sampled several different brews from Ommegang and you are right - fine quality brews for sure! I'll have to look for the 3 Philosophers!!! Thanks!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning Stosh. Good night last night. Can't wait until work is over today - going sky diving tomorrow!

Extremely excited. I can't sit still.

Having dinner cooked for me tonight, going to pick up a good bottle of wine after work.

Planning on doing any riding this weekend? To continue your streak of good riding habits?

V

Vermont

Hey Stosh,
did you get those calipers spread out...didn't get an update from ya...if ya want i will take a pic of the wedge i'm talking about so you know what to look for....Cambriabike does have em too $2 i think.