Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
First off I'd like to wish good luck to all you FL monkies!!! I hope you got out already.

Second what's everybody got planned for the weekend?
I'll be in PA for the weekend doing various different family related activities.

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday but I won't be here Monday and Thursday morning because I have class in the morning.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!!!

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
Good morning!
My last day of work here :)
my weekend consists of driving the long drive to rochester ny and then moving into my apt.
Good luck with those classes stosh. you taking anything fun?
enjoy pa

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
...weekend plans consist of Brewfest at Mt. Snow tomorrow, a thing with Jenn's family on Sunday, and recuperation from all the drinking on Monday ;)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Good mornin' all. Labor day weekend without a bike. Have no idea what I am going to do. My family is off to MA this weekend and I wish I was going but..... Oh well. I broke the seatstay on my Truth and won't get it back until Tuesday. But that is better then next month. Ellsworth has been really cool in helping me get my bike back together. They rock! I may go hiking or camping. We'll see. Only having one bike now totally sucks. Oh well. Everyone have a good weekend.....jdcamb

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bella said:
Good morning!
My last day of work here :)
my weekend consists of driving the long drive to rochester ny and then moving into my apt.
Good luck with those classes stosh. you taking anything fun?
enjoy pa
I'm taking an architecture class. It's all fun to me. Especially all the chick in the school!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdcamb said:
Good mornin' all. Labor day weekend without a bike. Have no idea what I am going to do. My family is off to MA this weekend and I wish I was going but..... Oh well. I broke the seatstay on my Truth and won't get it back until Tuesday. But that is better then next month. Ellsworth has been really cool in helping me get my bike back together. They rock! I may go hiking or camping. We'll see. Only having one bike now totally sucks. Oh well. Everyone have a good weekend.....jdcamb
Yeah good luck with your bike man!!
Sorry to hear you don't have it on such a long weekend.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning!

Went on a nice hike last night at McLean Game Refuge - some nice singletrack in there unfortunately no bikeys - but prime hiking trails for me and my dogs. :)

Tonight - I get my kids from school, dinner with them, chillin with them. SAturday morning is soccer practice, followed by a group ride with Jozz, Karine, MBC, IAB, Douglas and Tonyhawk at Nepaug State Forest - post ride fun after that. Sunday is more riding and Splat and his gang of misfits from MA are going to meet our group of Monkeys at Case Mountain in Manchester, CT for more riding - Sunday afternoon and night- eating good food and drinking good beer.

Monday - maybe an early a.m. ride - then a date for some mini-golf/driving range action - and who knows what after that. :)

Oh yeah and I get out of work at 2:00 today!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! It's chilly here today...which should make our Friday afternoon bike ride nice.
This weekend I am headed to Diablo to meet up with a few jackalopes and rip the DH. I am SO psyched!!!! My bike is all tuned up....new 24" rear wheel (2.7 Maxxis :drool: ) and a new 2.8 on the front (because at this point, I don't seem to care how heavy my bike is ;) ). Maybe I will find the digital camera and post some pics?

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
Yay for getting out at 2 pm :) it makes the work day more bareable.

stosh-architecture classes are awsome. what sort fof architecture are you interested in?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Oh man don't get stosh started on architecture :D

Had a nice ride last night, rode with this dude who hadn't ridden with us before, which was cool.

I'm trying to decide if I can swing a trip to Diablo this weekend, since the last few weekends and the next few weekends are all out of town...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jdcamb said:
Ellsworth has been really cool in helping me get my bike back together. They rock!
Jim - that is cool that Ellsworth is treating you right. I've heard many a story of poor customer service from that company - it is good to hear they are treating you right. Is the reaplacement rear end free or did you have to pay?

Any fall Letchworth Rides in the cards??

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bella said:
Yay for getting out at 2 pm :) it makes the work day more bareable.

stosh-architecture classes are awsome. what sort fof architecture are you interested in?
all of it

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:

Had a nice ride last night, rode with this dude who hadn't ridden with us before, which was cool.

I'm trying to decide if I can swing a trip to Diablo this weekend, since the last few weekends and the next few weekends are all out of town...
That sucks that you are going to be down here when I'm gone. Booo!! You should come down next weekend.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:

Echo if you can't swing Diablo - swing on over to CT and ride with us - no lift tickets to have to buy. You can crash at my place. I still owe you beers.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Lots of riding this w/e. And... I'm planning a vacation!!! I haven't had a vaction in soo long. You have no idea how thrilled I am. :) We are going to Lake Placid around the begining of Oct. I get to bring a bike too! Finaly Whiteface!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin all.

Still no riding, but the house is starting to feel good. Got the family room setup last night, so now we have a place to relax and watch TV. The master bathroom and kitchen are being finished today (except for counter tops) so we should be able to cook tonight.

Tomorrow I might be going to Paragon, if not, I'm riding and doing house stuff. Sunday, my wife has an office picnic thing to go to at Cayuga lake. We're taking the boat, maybe my fishing gear. Should be a decent time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin all.

Still no riding, but the house is starting to feel good. Got the family room setup last night, so now we have a place to relax and watch TV. The master bathroom and kitchen are being finished today (except for counter tops) so we should be able to cook tonight.

Tomorrow I might be going to Paragon, if not, I'm riding and doing house stuff. Sunday, my wife has an office picnic thing to go to at Cayuga lake. We're taking the boat, maybe my fishing gear. Should be a decent time.
YOu should take the family to Knobels tomorrow!!

J

JRB

good morning yo - I had my fastest 30 mile road ride last night. 6 of us averaged 19 mph which is flying for me. BTW - don't get em going on concrete either.

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
ghettorigged said:
:stosh:

g'mornin'

echo? Diablo? and you were gonna call and tell me this WHEN???
I called him and no answer. I PM'ed him and no answer! He even talked about going in this thread, so get back to me punk!

Anyway, Ghettorigged I will be at Diablo Sunday along with Treesaw, Earl and Sorge. So far I am waiting to hear from echo and Stuntmatty. There is one other person I am trying to find room for, but I need answers from those other 2 lugheads :p

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
MMcG said:
Jim - that is cool that Ellsworth is treating you right. I've heard many a story of poor customer service from that company - it is good to hear they are treating you right. Is the reaplacement rear end free or did you have to pay?

Any fall Letchworth Rides in the cards??
Well they are treating me right. I do have to pay :( But not the full amount and they are paying for shipping and even though they are closed for inventory/interbike. They found the time to hook me up. Better then waiting for weeks for sure. Now I only have to wait until Tuesday :) . Very cool. The simple fact is that I broke it and they could charge full replacement but instead I am getting a good deal. :thumb:

Lots of fall rides planned and Letchworth will certainly be one of them. I am actually looking forward to Ellicottville next weekend. Ellicottville is just a notch below Kingdom trails IMO. Much more technical and plenty of miles of sweet singletrack. If word gets out about Ellicottville it could be a East Burke IMO again......jdcamb

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all. I found out last night that a good friend of mine who lives in Kansas City died yesterday. No idea yet what caused it. He stayed home from work complaining of stomach pains. His wife came home later to find him dead on the couch. He was only in his mid 30s. We'll miss you Dave. :( :heart:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning :stosh:,

Have to take my sister to the Bus Station today. And later got to go pick up the bike, had to have the crankset installed since I don't have the tools to put in a the bottom braket.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
pixelninja said:
Mornin all. I found out last night that a good friend of mine who lives in Kansas City died yesterday. No idea yet what caused it. He stayed home from work complaining of stomach pains. His wife came home later to find him dead on the couch. He was only in his mid 30s. We'll miss you Dave. :( :heart:
Man that's terrible. :(

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Thanks guys. Yeah it sucks. He left behind a wife and 2 wonderful kids. And they just moved into their first house last week. I don't know what Suz is going to do.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ghettorigged said:
hey stoshly... :D

Why you gotta leave town when the Jackalopes visit yo?
I know man WTF!!!

Sorry the reunion is the same weekend every year. Why you guys gotta come to town when we have a re-union.