Quantcast

~~Good Friday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. One of the local towns has a huge town day. That may not sound like all that fun but they allow drinking in the streets!!!! So all the bars and resturants serve beer in the streets till 11pm. I can't friggan wait! I even have a DD!!! Wahooo!!!

Hope you all have a great day and a great weekend!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning Stosh, up nice and early with the GMT thread!

Played some pool, drank some beer and watched the Pats game last night.

Still need to get my fvcking road bike fixed, just haven't had the time, inclination, or money to get a new wheelset and tires.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
'morning Stosh, up nice and early with the GMT thread!

Played some pool, drank some beer and watched the Pats game last night.

Still need to get my fvcking road bike fixed, just haven't had the time, inclination, or money to get a new wheelset and tires.
Yeah I'll be in early Tue, Wed, Fri, from now till May. I take classes Monday and Thur. mornings so I need to make the time up.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Damn this week went by fast!
what is it dyslexic (sp?) day or something? :D

This week seemed to take forever and it was only 4 days.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning Stosh - test drove a Saturn Ion last night - it sucked - noisy, poor acceleration, poor suspension characteristics.

Also drove a 2005 Focus and believe it or not it was a fun little car - outshined the Saturn by a mile and less expensive too.

I also had a nice dinner date.

TGIF!!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
last night was another wash out. Spent most of the night trying to fix a friend's computer. Ended up having to reinstall windows (though I didn't have to nuke the drive). Weekend looks busy, but not exciting. The boss is going to be out of town all day Sat, so it's me and the kid. Sunday morn will probably be spent cleaning... then my aunt/uncle's 25 wedding aniversary party in the afternoon.

J

JRB

Good morning yo. Good indeed, BS returned yesterday and Cooter made an appearance today. Went to a meeting and looks like I get to repair some trails and add new trail in the not too distant future. I want lots of riding for when S.S. gets here. :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I Are Baboon said:
:stupid:

This four day week actually seemed like 6.2 days. It would have seemed like 7.1 days, but I took a long lunch on Wednesday.
I think it was all the rain!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
last night was another wash out. Spent most of the night trying to fix a friend's computer. Ended up having to reinstall windows (though I didn't have to nuke the drive). Weekend looks busy, but not exciting. The boss is going to be out of town all day Sat, so it's me and the kid. Sunday morn will probably be spent cleaning... then my aunt/uncle's 25 wedding aniversary party in the afternoon.
Sounds like fun!
You should come down and so some drinking!!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Tonight is my dog's 1st birtyday party. He and his little dog friends will be eating peanutbutter icecream cake and shreading wrapping paper. Tomm. get up early to go ride Atticrash in NH

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Tonight is my dog's 1st birtyday party. He and his little dog friends will be eating peanutbutter icecream cake and shreading wrapping paper. Tomm. get up early to go ride Atticrash in NH
ha you're having a b-day party for your dog!! HA HA HA!!!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
stosh said:
ha you're having a b-day party for your dog!! HA HA HA!!!
Yup :D My dog is a 12 lb miniature wirehaired Daschund. And he is not even the smallest guest. Some one is bringing a 5 lb Japanese Chin. One of my dog's friends is a great dane as well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ROCKLAND said:
Yup :D My dog is a 12 lb miniature wirehaired Daschund. And he is not even the smallest guest. Some one is bringing a 5 lb Japanese Chin. One of my dog's friends is a great dane as well.
bwahhhhhhh NICE man!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
went to see guided by voices last night, their last swing into boston under that name. good show, not great but had definite high points. also was fun to see my 'net buddies who traveled from various places to get to the show (one from LA, two from london) and meet some new friends too.

bromont this weekend; life is good!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
went to see guided by voices last night, their last swing into boston under that name. good show, not great but had definite high points. also was fun to see my 'net buddies who traveled from various places to get to the show (one from LA, two from london) and meet some new friends too.

bromont this weekend; life is good!
Who is Guided by Voices?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
www.gbv.com

bob pollard and whoever else he ropes into the studio or on stage. has more box sets than most people have regular releases.

quote from last night: "put a cooler of beer and a guitar in front of a man, and he makes music. that's just what happens".

went from being a 4th grade teacher to rock star (well, in certain circles anyway), and now he's calling it quits (at least to this phase).

edit - gotta get a mic swing in here:

ROCK!

hey mmcg - i've got a 2cdr homemade set of hand-selected goodness...i'll try to burn a copy for ya when i'm back from bromont.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
mornin'. hazelnut coffee and egg sammie, special for friday.

stosh, didn't want to further derail the cowbell thread so i'll answer you here.
thread-wise: didn't realize y'all were expecting me. ;)

monkey-wise: mostly been chilling with my fellow wackjobs in the bmw obsessed thread and making enemies in the olympic tits and ass thread. (probably better you haven't stumbled across any of that nonsense.)

life-wise: beating the living daylights outta myself for not tending to some seriously needed personal growth as well as neglecting general business-at-hand. but i dialed in two different sets of doubles in the last two weeks so it ain't all bad. especially since i've been dreaming of jumping doubles for eight years but never found the courage til two weeks ago to go for it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tmx said:

life-wise: beating the living daylights outta myself for not tending to some seriously needed personal growth as well as neglecting general business-at-hand. but i dialed in two different sets of doubles in the last two weeks so it ain't all bad. especially since i've been dreaming of jumping doubles for eight years but never found the courage til two weeks ago to go for it.
Point one - coffee and egg sammie! YUM! :drool:

Point two - Terry congrats on hitting the doubles! How did you get yourself into the right mindset to do it? I wish I could find that type of "desire, ambition, courage" inside of me to trust myself a bit and step it up on some types of riding (jumps, rollers and such). Way to go!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
tmx said:

stosh, didn't want to further derail the cowbell thread so i'll answer you here.
thread-wise: didn't realize y'all were expecting me. ;)

monkey-wise: mostly been chilling with my fellow wackjobs in the bmw obsessed thread and making enemies in the olympic tits and ass thread. (probably better you haven't stumbled across any of that nonsense.)

Wow where have you been riding!

I've been neglecting my personal stuff as well don't sweat it. Summers is almost over I figure i have all winter to catch up.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
www.gbv.com

ROCK!

hey mmcg - i've got a 2cdr homemade set of hand-selected goodness...i'll try to burn a copy for ya when i'm back from bromont.
ROCK!........is good for the soul!!

I'd love a Cdr - PM me and I'll give you my address - or better yet, come on down with it and we'll ride! :cool:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
IT'S FFFFFRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

sorry i've been waiting for this day since monday.

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Thanks for the props on the jumps y'all. The first one kinda happened on accident and out of laziness. Didn't want to have to pedal up the short hill after the double so I had to pick up speed, which meant hitting the jump. So Mark, I suggest getting a little lazier about your riding... hehe.

Stosh, the jumping took place at Diablo. The superior design of their jumps and such as well as their outstanding trail-maintenence makes it very easy to work up to bigger and bigger moves. Mark, if you come to Diablo this weekend (or anyone for that matter) we can work on some of that stuff together.

(Oh please be good to me computer and actually submit this reply this time. Grrrr. 3rd times a charm, right?)

edit: Narlus, did you take the b/w microphone swinging photo?? They're all really good, but I especially like the lighting on that one.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
loco-gringo said:
Good morning yo. Good indeed, BS returned yesterday and Cooter made an appearance today. Went to a meeting and looks like I get to repair some trails and add new trail in the not too distant future. I want lots of riding for when S.S. gets here. :D
I :heart: Texas..... :D

-S.S.-

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
tmx said:
Thanks for the props on the jumps y'all. The first one kinda happened on accident and out of laziness. Didn't want to have to pedal up the short hill after the double so I had to pick up speed, which meant hitting the jump. So Mark, I suggest getting a little lazier about your riding... hehe.

Stosh, the jumping took place at Diablo. The superior design of their jumps and such as well as their outstanding trail-maintenence makes it very easy to work up to bigger and bigger moves. Mark, if you come to Diablo this weekend (or anyone for that matter) we can work on some of that stuff together.

(Oh please be good to me computer and actually submit this reply this time. Grrrr. 3rd times a charm, right?)

edit: Narlus, did you take the b/w microphone swinging photo?? They're all really good, but I especially like the lighting on that one.
oh nice I figured it was at Diablo. I can almost see it from my job.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
tmx said:

Terry - I'm coaching my sons soccer team this fall so my weekends are pretty full on Saturdays......perhaps there would/could be a way to get to a DH resort by driving on Saturday afternoon/evening - camping Saturday night and then riding on Sunday.

I need new crank arms for my Cheeta however - the pedal threads on the RF Prodigy dhs are shot. :(

But I'm sure I could learn a ton by riding with you, watching you rip it up and giving a few things that scare me a go.