Quantcast

~~~Good Friday Morning!!~~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

Happy FRIDAY!!
Wahoo! I'm only here till 3pm today because I have a very expensive dinner to attend at 5. I guess 2 of my friends are getting married there too... :)

Anyway what's everybody got on tap for the weekend? I'm hoping to enjoy some of the nice fall weather tomorrow and not do to much. Maybe just a brake job on the car but thats about it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I finally did a freakin' grocery shopping last night. It's nice to have a little food in the 'fridge!

Plans for the weekend consists of going to a couple local sports events tomorrow (a soccer and a football game), then probably going down to visit my dad on Sunday to get treated to a nice birthday dinner.

Tonight, I'm moving a bed into my apartment. A huge, oversized king bed. With hardwood headboard (with mirrors, incidentally :devil: ). That I got for free. :D :D :D

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not much on for the workday - same crap, just a different day. My mother is taking the kiddo overnight tonight, so the Mrs. and I are going to go out for a nice dinner, and maybe a movie.

I'm hoping to ride first thing tomorrow morning, then Sunday I'll be at Paragon all day. This is the first trip that I've basically organized. I'm still trying to figure out what trails to run, but aside from that, I think we are set.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Good morning! Looks like good weather for the weekend. Sun will be in NH for some DH, either Sunapee race or more likely Attitash.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
I finally did a freakin' grocery shopping last night. It's nice to have a little food in the 'fridge!

Plans for the weekend consists of going to a couple local sports events tomorrow (a soccer and a football game), then probably going down to visit my dad on Sunday to get treated to a nice birthday dinner.

Tonight, I'm moving a bed into my apartment. A huge, oversized king bed. With hardwood headboard (with mirrors, incidentally :devil: ). That I got for free. :D :D :D
is the mattress used to?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
no much planned....might go watch a CX race in Pittsfield, MA and hopefully will close the pool
how did you make out with that little fire you had over the summer?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Not much on for the workday - same crap, just a different day. My mother is taking the kiddo overnight tonight, so the Mrs. and I are going to go out for a nice dinner, and maybe a movie.

I'm hoping to ride first thing tomorrow morning, then Sunday I'll be at Paragon all day. This is the first trip that I've basically organized. I'm still trying to figure out what trails to run, but aside from that, I think we are set.
oh man paragon!! Awesome!!!!

Have fun and take pics!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
stosh said:
is the mattress used to?
Nope, it was a "guest bed" for the grandmother of a friend of mine. The headboard etc. is a few years old, but they replaced the mattress last year, and the bed hasn't been used since.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Morning guys, at least sun paid us a visit in SW England i did an 8mile road sprint (wow next stop is TDF). I got to attend an academic seminar on Econometrics in the afternoon, and then paint some miniatures....

Good thing. After the academic seminars, we go for beers, and i never get to pay a single ml. of beer.... yay i just love universities...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
binary visions said:
Nope, it was a "guest bed" for the grandmother of a friend of mine. The headboard etc. is a few years old, but they replaced the mattress last year, and the bed hasn't been used since.
NIce!!!

I got a queen bed last christmas and I don't know how I ever lived wihout it.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
oh man paragon!! Awesome!!!!

Have fun and take pics!!
I definitely will. Be interesting to see how good (or bad) the trip is considering I'm the one picking the trails we run.

I forgot to mention... I have to cut off my swaybar endlinks before I go - so I may do that instead of riding Saturday morning.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
math2014 said:
Morning guys, at least sun paid us a visit in SW England i did an 8mile road sprint (wow next stop is TDF). I got to attend an academic seminar on Econometrics in the afternoon, and then paint some miniatures....

Good thing. After the academic seminars, we go for beers, and i never get to pay a single ml. of beer.... yay i just love universities...
why don't you pay?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I definitely will. Be interesting to see how good (or bad) the trip is considering I'm the one picking the trails we run.

I forgot to mention... I have to cut off my swaybar endlinks before I go - so I may do that instead of riding Saturday morning.
why do you have to cut them off? Can't you just add quick disconnects to them?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
how did you make out with that little fire you had over the summer?

Ins company estimate was $2k, minus deductable & some other crap I got a check for $1670.00

The fireplace itself is F'd. Ofcourse the Ins. company doesnt pay to get the fireplace fixed, just the damage it/the fire caused. The FP was not built very well in the 1st place and it doesnt get much sunlight so weather/moisture has done its toll over the years......I decided to tear it down/not replace it.

My cousin and I plan to do it ourselves, not sure but it may be a spring project.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
stosh said:
the university pays for beer??????? WTF?
Yep, we got a visiting professor, giving a seminar every week (different every week), after the seminar we take him out for beers, and it is all paid for... hence whatever we drink is "free".

BTW, i am not a "student" exactly... :thumb: :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
math2014 said:
Yep, we got a visiting professor, giving a seminar every week (different every week), after the seminar we take him out for beers, and it is all paid for... hence whatever we drink is "free".

BTW, i am not a "student" exactly... :thumb: :thumb:
so what are you "exactly"?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
well thats pretty cool.

I was hoping you were an Architecture teacher or something....

J

JRB

stosh said:
NIce!!!

I got a queen bed last christmas and I don't know how I ever lived wihout it.
Fitting :D

Good morning Stosh.

Mowed last night and weedeated the lawn too. My shoulders hurt. No ride. Maybe today. It is supposed to rain. Wumpus is coming down tomorrow if it doesn't.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
w00t TGIF...

I got no plans this weekend... well except to mow my lawn, do a bunch of laundry, clean my gutters, try an 80 mile road ride, and drink lots of Baker's Small Batch Bourbon :cool:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
w00t TGIF...

I got no plans this weekend... well except to mow my lawn, do a bunch of laundry, clean my gutters, try an 80 mile road ride, and drink lots of Baker's Small Batch Bourbon :cool:
so nothing on tap you say..... :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
math2014 said:
cool stosh, actually i did attend a design/architecture school some years ago... i was meant to go to aero engineering, and ended up in finance instead...
how the hell did that happen....

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
why do you have to cut them off? Can't you just add quick disconnects to them?
I've got quick disconnects now... but they're rusted solid and I can't get them undone. My plan is to cut them off, and drive around with my swaybar disconnected, hoping to get a new set of discos next week.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I've got quick disconnects now... but they're rusted solid and I can't get them undone. My plan is to cut them off, and drive around with my swaybar disconnected, hoping to get a new set of discos next week.
oh thats cool!
Kroil Oil is some of the best stuff I've seen for rusted parts.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Hey stosh, basically i discovered that aero engineering wasnt what i thought it was (i am stuck in late 30s aero engineers) hence i opted for finance where i am allowed full modelling freedom.... (mathematical modelling) and kept aero engineering as a hobby...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh

Hurt my Right knee yesterady, it is swollen today , hope it is just a strain, going take it easy for a couple of days and hope.
how'd you hurt it?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
math2014 said:
Hey stosh, basically i discovered that aero engineering wasnt what i thought it was (i am stuck in late 30s aero engineers) hence i opted for finance where i am allowed full modelling freedom.... (mathematical modelling) and kept aero engineering as a hobby...
so what do you do with it as your hobby?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
math2014 said:
i make models basically, and from time to time i design airframes and sportscar bodies...
ha cool! I thought you might fly or something.