Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
biggins said:
uhhhh, f'n yo mornin crew. well, i am on day 7 of a 7 day stretch here at the job. i am off for the next 3 days.

my roomate is gonna ge owned when she gets home.......i keep thinking about it and get mnore and more pissed.

other than that, i rode my bike for the first time in about 3 months the other day. not much really, just rode around town and hit some drops and jumps. it was fun.

Note to self: Never announce your retirement from Ridemonkey on the weekend......you'll never get the veiwership you're looking for. :p :heart:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Westy said:
Did the Mountain Momma Century Saturday. It was freaking brutal. I hung with the lead pack for the first 70 miles and even managed to set the pace up front for at least 10 miles of it when I had to stop and eat as everyone else sped away. I finished the ride with my friend Bob the Ringer. Rumour had the elevation gain at over 12,000 feet. Here is the rough map.

Dang that is brutal.

Good morning everyone.

Went for a ride Sunday but the trails were near a mountain and a mess from som flash floodish activity. after a mile and a half we changed plans and trails. On the road sprint back to the house we hit 29 mph on 2.1" tires and passed a roadie. Man the roadies who don't mountain bike get p***ed when they get passed by a 5" trail bike. They feel free to creep up behind you and startle you the hell out of you when you're on the road, but pass them...

P.S. I'm a part time roadie.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
ok.......so WHAT day is this Stewart 5:00 ride???

Thursday is best for me & Wednesday the worst........but I am not sure if I can get out of work early enough to go anyways

McGRP01 said:
Next week? What day? Doug...carpool?
IF I can go........I would be headed down from work (Raymertown) - maybe we could meet somewhere near Albany

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Well.....he's black with a white chest, so he's pretty much got the whole tuxedo look going for him already.
Nice!

I wish my parent's owned a lake house.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
ok.......so WHAT day is this Stewart 5:00 ride???

Thursday is best for me & Wednesday the worst........but I am not sure if I can get out of work early enough to go anyways

IF I can go........I would be headed down from work (Raymertown) - maybe we could meet somewhere near Albany
How about we ride Tuesday and Thursday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MMcG said:
Stosh can't you call in sick one of those days so we can make it an earlier ride and a longer one at that???
Dude the project I'm working on is in the middle of construction... I may try to get out of work early one of thoes days but no promises.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
splat said:
Sounds good to me!!!

that is the 16th & 18th , just so everybody understands ! ( IAB! )
I can do the 18th, but an earlier start would be better for me. It's about a 2.5 hour drive each way for me.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
stosh said:
Dude the project I'm working on is in the middle of construction... I may try to get out of work early one of thoes days but no promises.
No problem Stosh - just a long way for a lot of us to drive for a ride that may only last about an hour and a half due to darkness.

Unless we all bring lights.

Can you ride after dark at Stewart?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
Thursday the 18th @ 5pm, I am pretty sure I can do that.......

should I bring lights?
I'm gonna have a "mock" doctors visit that day. Maybe we can do earlier, is that possible?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Hey CT :monkey: s

I meet a dude at Pedros that used to own a bike shop down your way, he also helped build the Neupag(sp?) trails............he said he would give me (and you all) a tour of Neaupag

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
douglas said:
Hey CT :monkey: s

I meet a dude at Pedros that used to own a bike shop down your way, he also helped build the Neupag(sp?) trails............he said he would give me (and you all) a tour of Neaupag
I'm always happy to show you around Nepaug... :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
robdamanii said:
I'm sure it works for us as well. Just need the final confirmation from the boss.
We should prob. shoot more for 6. I'll try to sneak out of work a few minutes early, but this is a busy week, so there are no guarentees. I'm not sure how long it takes to get to Stewart from my new place.

We'll be in touch, though. Can't wait to ride! :)

Stosh, are you going to Treesaw's party?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
splat said:
exactly , that is why I'm riding with Stosh , since I will be in his neck of the woods.

Could you make the trip up to me for an evening of riding? we could ride the Gibbs Farm loop by my house and then head to albany & do a night ride at the Pine Bush

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
So today has just become interesting. I found out the guy I have been working under for a few weeks is on vacation, and that means that I have very little, if any work to do. I got perhaps 6 hours total sleep over the weekend, and someone decided they wanted the lights out in my section, and I am not going to fight it. I'm hungry and already ate my lunch. Now I am bored.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
We should prob. shoot more for 6. I'll try to sneak out of work a few minutes early, but this is a busy week, so there are no guarentees. I'm not sure how long it takes to get to Stewart from my new place.

We'll be in touch, though. Can't wait to ride! :)

Stosh, are you going to Treesaw's party?
no, got my cousin's wedding shower in PA this weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
douglas said:
Could you make the trip up to me for an evening of riding? we could ride the Gibbs Farm loop by my house and then head to albany & do a night ride at the Pine Bush
This is turning into a mess.