Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
COmtbiker12 said:
-See, my mom's putting a few k towards it because its supposed to be a good car that'll last me through college. I'll probably just get a little Focus ZX3 or something like that.
You oughta get a 25 year old Toyota Tercel - that'll for sure get you through college. :p
-Do you have any passes for skiing this year? Or are you going to be lucky to go up more than twice? ;) We got the Colorado Pass. :)
We're going to get the Aspen Classic pass, the Crested Butte 4-pack, and the Steamboat deal. Dunno what my Front Range skiing will be like, but hopefully I'll be able to get a day or two at Winter Park/MJ and Breck/Copper/A-Basin.

J

JRB

douglas said:
I give them $25/year, and they organize trips (day, w/e, week)

the day trips, includes bus up & back & lift ticket and is $10-$15 less then the normal lift ticket price
Sounds cool. The only peeps arranging ski trips around here are churches, for teen-agers. They go by actual age and not mentality, so I don't get to go.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
Sounds cool. The only peeps arranging ski trips around here are churches, for teen-agers. They go by actual age and not mentality, so I don't get to go.
Bwahhhhhh @ skiing in Texas!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
woot ! Awesome job :thumb:

how did the dude in the points lead do?

sounds like the making of an exciting last race!!
Thanks Doug! :) Well, it's pretty interesting... the guy who was 1st in the points wasn't there, but the 2nd place guy was. So, after yesterday, he moves up to first, I move into second and the first place guy drops back to third. So... In order for me to win the overall here's what I need to happen. I need to win the Nov. race and I need the guy who's currently in third (or anybody else for that matter) to show up in Nov. and beat the guy currently in first. It sound complicated, but it's not really. It's also a completely do-able scenerio.

J

JRB

stosh said:
Bwahhhhhh @ skiing in Texas!
People leave Texas to ski, assbag. :mumble: There are zero ski areas here. It sucks. We even have a ton of relocated New Yorkers, so it is worse than your situation. No skiing, and obnoxious Yankees. :eviltongu

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
loco said:

theres hardly any young peeps in this club

as far as ice in the NE, yup we get some........but I went 10 or so times last year and saw icey spots on a coule trails one time, the rest was ice free

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I think the only skiing in Texas is the kind that Bush used to do. Sniff sniff.
Bwahhhhhhhh

"This is pure snow! It's everywhere! Have you any idea of what the street value of this mountain is?"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
douglas said:
<snip>
as far as ice in the NE, yup we get some........but I went 10 or so times last year and saw icey spots on a coule trails one time, the rest was ice free
Come to Copper. You'll find out that what you call "hardpack" we call ice. What we call hardpack, you'll call packed powder. :p

It's no wonder all of the truly great technical skiers come from out east.....

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
douglas said:

The worst ice we get out here in the west (most of the time) is when the run gets ridden A LOT and some of the swooshed out marks from snowboarders get a glaze of ice on top, just making it slick and make you pay attention is all.

Well... I'm off to go warmup my car and go drive to school... :rolleyes: Hopefully there's enough snow to spin a few donuts or try some drifting on my corners...:D

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
Come to Copper. You'll find out that what you call "hardpack" we call ice. What we call hardpack, you'll call packed powder. :p

Pretty much. :p We're so spoiled out here... :evil:

J

JRB

douglas said:

Shhhh - don't tell the hippy that his state isn't perfect. He'll get all pissy and be unbearable.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Now it's a shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My mom's not home. She had to take my brother to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she was really stressed out. She hijacked a busload full of... penguins. It's sort of a family crisis. Bye!

J

JRB

stosh said:
My mom's not home. She had to take my brother to the hospital. My grandma dropped acid this morning, and she was really stressed out. She hijacked a busload full of... penguins. It's sort of a family crisis. Bye!
What???

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
5 days left.
I hope I didn't forget anything
I hope I saved enough $$$
5 days left

Good morning yo!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Thanks Doug! :) Well, it's pretty interesting... the guy who was 1st in the points wasn't there, but the 2nd place guy was. So, after yesterday, he moves up to first, I move into second and the first place guy drops back to third. So... In order for me to win the overall here's what I need to happen. I need to win the Nov. race and I need the guy who's currently in third (or anybody else for that matter) to show up in Nov. and beat the guy currently in first. It sound complicated, but it's not really. It's also a completely do-able scenerio.
so basically you need to win, and the other dude cant get 2nd ?

the platty xc series, theres 2 guys w/more points then me and one w/the same...Laz said the next race is double points........should be fun to see what happens :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ciaran said:
5 days left.
I hope I didn't forget anything
I hope I saved enough $$$
5 days left

Good morning yo!
Dude, I got the windows CD and it was f'ing perfect timing!!!!

I wasn't able to DL the updates for the version of XP I had because there was a good chance my copy wasn't totally legit.

Anyway you rock and thanks again!!
My computer is up and running and runs like a champ!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
SkaredShtles said:

Theres nothin better than a mix of hardpack and ice for when I have the need for speed! Wooooooooooooooosssssh ! :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I would have played that off like you didn't quote that movie.
Well if you had looked back you would have noticed I quoted it 2 times before it.

J

JRB

stosh said:
Well if you had looked back you would have noticed I quoted it 2 times before it.
Keep braggin' there, stoshy pumpkin pants, or whatever gheyass name N8 uses.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
douglas said:
so basically you need to win, and the other dude cant get 2nd ?
Yep. :) You wanna race DH for a day and make sure to place second? :devil:

douglas said:
the platty xc series, theres 2 guys w/more points then me and one w/the same...Laz said the next race is double points........should be fun to see what happens :D
Good luck to you, make sure to drop the hammer on 'em!! :thumb:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
soft landings are for Sally's !! :)

actually, no real big jumps for me.....but I did have fun hitting the smaller ones in the terrain park @ jiminy peak (small joint 45 min's from me) last year

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
douglas said:
soft landings are for Sally's !! :)
You ain't kiddin'. And I'm not ashamed to say I like it soft.

actually, no real big jumps for me.....but I did have fun hitting the smaller ones in the terrain park @ jiminy peak (small joint 45 min's from me) last year
Hmmmm.......... terrain park. You mean this type of terrain park?

Again - very soft landing. :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
SkaredShtles said:

Aren't you getting snow today?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
SkaredShtles said:

Hmmmm.......... terrain park. You mean this type of terrain park?

Gore has stuff like that, but the close place to me is a man made terrain park