Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i wish it were back to $3 mark...people have short memories, and fuel economy will not be forefront in people's minds if the price is back to the 2.50 or so...

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
narlus said:
i wish it were back to $3 mark...people have short memories, and fuel economy will not be forefront in people's minds if the price is back to the 2.50 or so...
Ditto. I was enjoying the drop in SUVs on the roads up here.

Hoop, Stosh....why aren't you using a hardware firewall?

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
TreeSaw said:
Sorry to hear about the jeep, but I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you on the job front! I am SO hoping to get a job closer to home for next year. I just know I am going to hate an 50 minute commute each way with a baby waiting for me!!!!
Thanks .. Im sure thing swill work out job wise for me.. my supervisor really likes me and knows things wont be the same for them if i leave..they are all pulling to keep me here.. i wouldnt leave if they could get me the$$$

as far as the jeep.. its just a headache... odds are the contractor will pay for all the damgae.. its just a pain in the A$$

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
robdamanii said:
Ditto. I was enjoying the drop in SUVs on the roads up here.

Hoop, Stosh....why aren't you using a hardware firewall?
I use zonealarm...and systamec <?> for my anti virus..they make nortons. m=y antivirus is special for dell clients only.. supposedly the best used on all there corporate accounts..its what they use themselves.. and I havent had any problems with it <crossing fingers>

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
MancilG said:
good weekend here, I had some steamed blue crabs on friday & rode the Kona Stinky on Sat. Sunday was motorcycle ride and getting the little guys room ready.

Only 7 weeks and I'm a dad
Do you have names picked-out (maybe I missed this before...sorry).

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Oh yeah.....check this out: I get a message from the wife telling me that my grandmother called to tell me she had something for me that I need to come by and pick up today. Once I get there, she starts talking about Lois--an old family friend that had long-since departed from this earth. I'm named after her first husband, Joseph. I listen to her talk about Lois for awhile, wondering where this is going, when she goes to the back room and pulls out an old wooden box. She opens it and hands me a card to read. A simple note from Lois---written 20 years ago with the caveat that it was to be given to me only after I had gotten married, that said "Be happy." --Lois. Inside the box was the 8-piece Sterling Silver serving set that she had gotten for her wedding some 45 years prior. That was a really weird feeling to get a note from someone 10 years after they had passed away. Mush less a gift of sterling silver--not the plated stuff, but the real deal. Woah.....that's strange, isn't it?

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
hooples3 said:
I use zonealarm...and systamec <?> for my anti virus..they make nortons. m=y antivirus is special for dell clients only.. supposedly the best used on all there corporate accounts..its what they use themselves.. and I havent had any problems with it <crossing fingers>
Gotcha.

I'm running a Netgear Prosafe VPN firewall, and it very effectively locks down almost every single port on my machine except for a scant few.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
What anti-virus softwares/personal firewall are you using? We upgraded to Norton Internet Security and it didn't work at first with Firefox or our e-mail.
Don't have any antivirus set up. Thats coming after everything is connected.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I am running a linksys wireless router and have no issues with it nor does it cause any problems for zonealarm, norton, etc..

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Greyhound said:
Oh yeah.....check this out: I get a message from the wife telling me that my grandmother called to tell me she had something for me that I need to come by and pick up today. Once I get there, she starts talking about Lois--an old family friend that had long-since departed from this earth. I'm named after her first husband, Joseph. I listen to her talk about Lois for awhile, wondering where this is going, when she goes to the back room and pulls out an old wooden box. She opens it and hands me a card to read. A simple note from Lois---written 20 years ago with the caveat that it was to be given to me only after I had gotten married, that said "Be happy." --Lois. Inside the box was the 8-piece Sterling Silver serving set that she had gotten for her wedding some 45 years prior. That was a really weird feeling to get a note from someone 10 years after they had passed away. Mush less a gift of sterling silver--not the plated stuff, but the real deal. Woah.....that's strange, isn't it?
Strange...yes, but SO sweet!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
robdamanii said:
Hell, I have more problems with my bluetooth network than I do with my ethernet network.

I do seem to recall that when I installed it, I had to ditch the CD that came with it and go to the Lynksys website and download an installer/setup program though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
JimmyTwoTimes said:
Is your router WEP enabled? If so, check your WEP encryption keys, make sure you typed them correctly.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Goodmorning. Had a nice weekend upstate visiting my mom and my aunt who was visiting from Colorado. I can't believe how much it rained this weekend. It was amazing to wake up this morning and see the sun!

And Stosh, I know guys hate to ask for directions, but linksys has good tech support. I was having trouble getting my computer to talk to the router and they smoothed it all out for me.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
just don't use one of these:

Rank Male name Female name
1 Jacob / Emily
2 Michael / Emma
3 Joshua / Madison
4 Matthew / Olivia
5 Ethan / Hannah
6 Andrew / Abigail
7 Daniel / Isabella
8 William / Ashley
9 Joseph / Samantha
10 Christopher / Elizabeth

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
bluebug32 said:
Goodmorning. Had a nice weekend upstate visiting my mom and my aunt who was visiting from Colorado. I can't believe how much it rained this weekend. It was amazing to wake up this morning and see the sun!

And Stosh, I know guys hate to ask for directions, but linksys has good tech support. I was having trouble getting my computer to talk to the router and they smoothed it all out for me.
the computer and router talk to one another???
maybe thats the problem... my router no speaka ingles!!!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:

My problem seems so simple... I haven't spent enough time on it yet to call tech support.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
SkaredShtles said:
Had to cut our Fruita holiday short due to sick kids. :( Spent the rest of the weekend recovering from driving all night Friday and taking care of sick kids.

Ah, well - there's always next Spring!
Huge Bummer :(