Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Hi there!

Just a quick report. Mountains were great. Colors were the best they could be this year.......conditions here in NC are pretty dry, so the brilliance was a little less than what they should be. Lots of people out and enjoying the mild temps we're having for November. Hiked at Jefferson Mtn. state park on Sat. and at Dalton State park on Sunday. Not many miles....maybe 12 total for the weekend, but they were quality miles with maximum scenery. That's about it.........hope the Monday goes well for the rest of you.

P.S. Along with all the others, my condolences to stosh on the loss of his grandfather.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh!

Sorry to hear about your loss :(

Congrats McGRP01 on your racing season! :thumb:

Pretty low key weekend in Vegas, got back late last night, and now I'm back here at work. Racing season starts on the 20th so I'm trying to get ready for that, other than that not much going on.

Have a good day everyone! :)

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Good Morning all....

Race report: Iceman 2005

Well, I have to say I did better than expected at my last SS race of the season. I landed 26th out of 71 to finish the race, we had over 100 people in the Men's Open/Pro SS class for the 27 mile point to point race. We started off in Kalkaska, Michigan and race north through the rolling hills and massive climbs to and finish twenty seven miles later at Timber Ridge RV & Recreation Resort on the eastern edge of Traverse City, Michigan. The race started out fast as we hit the two tracks before we the lead group entered the first Single Track section we were already reeling in a few expert riders. I stayed with the lead pack until about mile 6 where, I had a tandem crash in front of me. I managed to get past them, but the lead pack had laid the hammer down and kept on pulling away from me on the fast 2 track section. Around mile 8 I picked up another SS to ride with, Todd Scott (pro for Kona). We rolled the next10 miles, reeling in and picking off more than 100 expert riders.

We worked as a team, he pulled the flats, I pulled the climbs. As we enter the climb at around mile 19 he were picking our way thought some 20+ riders heading in the biggest climb of the race. This climb starts out as a two track and narrows quickly to a twisty sand filled single track. The geared bikes move like a pack of fish, all the sudden they went single file, and started dropping gears. Some how Todd had got to the front of this pack and started to pull away, as I got pushed to the back and was forced dismount and sprint the balance of the 600ft climb.

The next 7 miles I rode alone, I did not see another SS until I entered the maze of Single Track at mile 26. He was out front but I did not know how big the gap was. So I stood up and started sprinting in hopes of catching him. I gave it all I had left after some 2 hours on the saddle but I failed to reel him back in. I came a crossed the finish line in 2:03.05, my knees hurting.

boy that was long....

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
'sup all. who else will be spending the day reading up on the initiatives for the special election?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Sorry for your loss Stosh. :(

Goodmorning all. Great weekend!! Headed down to Plattekill on Sat. for the last race of the season. The course was awesome!! Practiced all day Sat. and the raced on Sunday. I won my race on Sunday which moved me up to finish second place for the overall points series for NY State Championship for the year! :) Pretty happy with that. Can't wait to move up a class next year and really start to progress my riding!!

Got some decent swag as well.

Rear Magura Louise disk brake, Magura beer mug and a couple nifty medals to add to the collection.

[]

awesome job !