Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I'm working from home, Aubrey has a violent stomach bug or something.
Nothing much to report for the weekend other than some BBQ'ing.

Hope ya all have a great day and a great week!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I wanted to be in California over the weekend for the Classic

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Yo whats up stosh,I worked all week end.I am all packed and ready for mount snow, I cant wait till wens. morning.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Not much excitement to report on... things are pretty slow in the big city today.

Had a decent weekend. Friday after work I picked up a new Tacoma (and traded in *sniff* my 4Runner). Then went down to the pool hall with a buddy for some mindless time, which was just what I needed. Saturday was pretty slow, Sunday was a lot of house work.

splat

Nam I am
Morning !

I finally fixed My Car yesterday , Replaced the Battery. But I still rode the bike to work today , it is an Awesome day out there finally.

had a decent off-road ride yesterday , had some Wet spots , but over all the trails drained pretty well.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
My frame was finally finished on Friday, just as my friend was about to pick it up and have it brought somewhere else. I guess the head mechanic felt bad that it had taken so long since he ended up charging nothing for the job.

Went to a few graduation parties, nothing exciting to report there.

Golfed yesterday with my brother and a friend. Minus the sustained wind of about 20 mph with gusts around 40 it was fun. Didn't play well at all and shot an 81...with 2 birdies...and an eagle...:mad:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning all, I look like someone whipped me with a "cat of nine tails" all over my arms and legs! We had an awesome ride yesterday, tons of miles and a great route. The trails were dry and in great condition but the foliage was super overgrown, and caused lots of cuts. I was super worried also cause I get poison ivy real bad, and the trails had sections where it was lining the sides of the trails. I raced home, and washed down with "Tecnu" and so far so good!

Sat. Manhattan and I put in this super sweet bridge across a ravine on the trails we are building, and then we put in a kicker at the top of the hill that leads to the bridge, so it will be super fun to hit the kicker land on the transition that takes you across the bridge! :thumb:

Have a good day all, I am heading to wash some windows and do some yard work before I go to do some solo trail work. Oh and big ride with the Dirt Rag crew tonight.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
good mornin!
i played with backhoes, 4 wheelers and bikes all weekend, and now im packing for my drive out to seattle Wa.
anyone have any "must sees" between boston and seattle?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
brungeman said:
I cant tell from that angle is that a 21 or 23 window bus? Ah who gives a fvck I want it anyway!!!:drool: :drool: :drool:
23 window. You can see the jail bars in the rear corner window.

Mastamind

Chimp
Jun 7, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Good morning. nothing to report, nice relaxing weekend. Got a new pair of bike shorts, and a new u-lock. Going riding with a friend in a half an hour or so.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Hey Stosh, not much today other than back at work. Stopping off at the shop on the way home to pick up a new derailleur and fixing my bike tonight. Other than that, not much except getting ready for Mount Snow this weekend.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning folks.

Spent the weekend in Cobleskill. Weather was cold, windy and rainy most of the weekend, so no riding was to be had. I did get a chance to clean the bike well. Last night I came home and took the old triple crank and BB off my road bike and installed an ultegra double in it's place. Can't wait to get out tonight and give it a test spin.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning, happy Monday!

Back from a day trip in Flagstaff , one of the best days of riding there ever! Perfect weather, trails in great shape, I could go on and on. Will post a ride report when I can get the pictures uploaded.

Had a good Saturday morning ride on the single speed, the group was so large that that we split into two. One did some lighter trails, ours had a good guide and I got to see some sections of Trail 100 I had never been on before.

Have a good day.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stevew said:
23 window. You can see the jail bars in the rear corner window.
I caught the glimpse of light through the sunroof of what looked like the wrap around rear windows! that is one sweet looking ride.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning! Slow day (thank god) today. I had several students scheduled for final exams this morning and thus far none have showed. I hate to give 9 (6 of my best students) 0's on their final, but today is it :eek: as my grades are due Wednesday and I am in a different school tomorrow.

Friday got in a nice road ride with Sq-Earl. We were drafting each other and managed to keep a pretty fast pace. Had my debut ride on my SS on Saturday and it was fun (see ride reports). The trails were REALLY wet and slick, but I had a good time and can't wait to get out again. Yesterday I went to a baby shower (yawn--boring) and got some stuff packed for the race this weekend. I did manage to get in a light workout and am hoping to get out for a short road ride again tonight.
Jackson--congrats on the new wheels. I hope you grow to love it as much as you did your 4Runner.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
TreeSaw said:
Jackson--congrats on the new wheels. I hope you grow to love it as much as you did your 4Runner.
I don't know if that's possible, but thanks. If my wife quits bitching, it'll be worth it in the long run.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
robdamanii said:
Morning folks.

Spent the weekend in Cobleskill. Weather was cold, windy and rainy most of the weekend, so no riding was to be had. I did get a chance to clean the bike well. Last night I came home and took the old triple crank and BB off my road bike and installed an ultegra double in it's place. Can't wait to get out tonight and give it a test spin.
Won't you also need to get a double specific front and rear derailleur to make that conversion from triple to double??

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
MMcG said:
Won't you also need to get a double specific front and rear derailleur to make that conversion from triple to double??
I doubt that, you can just adjust the limit screws, but he'll definetly (sp) need a new front shifter as the spacing is different.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Sup yall. Went up to Montreal this weekend to chill with Deyv and Isa. Did some trailwork at a new DH place that's looking to open for bikes. I'll tell ya what, they got IMBA and the local trail organization involved, sponsors, and a resort owner who is willing to invest in making it good, and damn if they didn't have a solid 15-20 people working both days, 2 chainsaws, an excavator, 10 pulaski's, 10 mclouds, and they got more work done in 2 rainy days than I've seen some crews finish in 2 months. Impressive.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yo.

Still kinda tired from traibuilding yesterday. We got a ton of rain on Sat. evening, so the trails were too wet to ride--might as well sling dirt, right? Temps were in the 90's with about as much humidity. Woods felt like a tiny Southeastern Asian jungle. Mucho steamy. We cut in a new section on a jump line, added a roller on another line and a double on yet another. You could only put in a few minutes of shoveling time before you would get overcome by heat and exhaustion. Luckily, we had several guys there, so you could just whack away at it full-force for 5-10 minutes, and then hand it off to someone else for a few minutes. Those cold beers in the cooler were awesome after the work was done.

I need to mow my yard.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Echo said:
Sup yall. Went up to Montreal this weekend to chill with Deyv and Isa. Did some trailwork at a new DH place that's looking to open for bikes. I'll tell ya what, they got IMBA and the local trail organization involved, sponsors, and a resort owner who is willing to invest in making it good, and damn if they didn't have a solid 15-20 people working both days, 2 chainsaws, an excavator, 10 pulaski's, 10 mclouds, and they got more work done in 2 rainy days than I've seen some crews finish in 2 months. Impressive.
Sweet! :thumb: We need to get together with Deyv & Isa again soon :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Went for a nice 18-miler early on Saturday. Great climb, great fast singletrack on the way down. :cool:

Wife then headed up to Winter Park for the rest of the weekend with girlfriends. And the boys came down with some sort of malady....... :think:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
SkaredShtles said:
Went for a nice 18-miler early on Saturday. Great climb, great fast singletrack on the way down. :cool:

Wife then headed up to Winter Park for the rest of the weekend with girlfriends. And the boys came down with some sort of malady....... :think:
18 must have been the magic number yesterday thats what we did...

J

JRB

Good morning. Rode a little and got hot. Finally started a thread about that dude that has my wheels that won't respond now. He was even on today. If anyone has a resource to back trace an addy or special ways to get contact info, please PM me.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
JRB said:
Good morning. Rode a little and got hot. Finally started a thread about that dude that has my wheels that won't respond now. He was even on today. If anyone has a resource to back trace an addy or special ways to get contact info, please PM me.
:( Sorry about the bad luck! Good luck getting payment though.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
MMcG said:
Echo - how long does it take you to drive from Rochester to Montreal?? That's a pretty long haul aint it??
About 5 hours, unless they just randomly close a 10 mile section of the 401 for no apparent reason and no detour signs are posted :mumble:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
JRB said:
What state is the fella in?

J

JRB

Tame Ape said:
What state is the fella in?
He's in Farmington NM. Directory assistance doesn't have a Caldwell at the address I shipped to. I kind of want to back track.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
JRB said:
He's in Farmington NM. Directory assistance doesn't have a Caldwell at the address I shipped to. I kind of want to back track.
Have you googled the address? Something might come of that.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Greyhound said:
Yo.

Still kinda tired from traibuilding yesterday. We got a ton of rain on Sat. evening, so the trails were too wet to ride--might as well sling dirt, right? Temps were in the 90's with about as much humidity. Woods felt like a tiny Southeastern Asian jungle. Mucho steamy. We cut in a new section on a jump line, added a roller on another line and a double on yet another. You could only put in a few minutes of shoveling time before you would get overcome by heat and exhaustion. Luckily, we had several guys there, so you could just whack away at it full-force for 5-10 minutes, and then hand it off to someone else for a few minutes. Those cold beers in the cooler were awesome after the work was done.

I need to mow my yard.
sounds great! how is your knee feeling?