Quantcast

~~Good Monday Morning~~

ukjason

sexist pig
May 14, 2006
leicester uk
Good morning monkeys and how is everyone today, i've just put my hardtail on ebay as i've decided i want a new full suss:busted: so hopefully i'll get a decent price for that.

well i hope everyone has a good day and stay's safe,

jason

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys... I had a great weekend during all the great weather we had. Saturday was spent on the trails at Hartshorne riding and riding and riding some great singletrack. That and 70 deg weather in Jan made my day!!
Sunday I went to the palisades trail with my wife and Puppy and did some hiking... 8 mile trail with 1280 ft climbed in about 4 hrs.. I came home beat , as well did the wife and dog, but it was a blast. All in all a great weekend.

Have a great day

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Saturday it was 71, about 40 degrees above normal..crazy, and its raining oday...I am so gald I bought snow shoes this year :rolleyes:

12 of us did a 39 mile road ride Sunday, it felt more like 75 miles

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! We did the finishing touches on the house this weekend, and pretty much just relaxed, which was nice... it had been a while. We also did laundry with the new washer and dryer! :weee:

Enjoyed our 80 degree sunshine, per usual, a nice dinner and bottle of wine on Saturday, and that is all! :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The football/camera hissy fit was funny yesterday.

Rained yesterday and today.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
morning monkeys,

I finally feel like the cold/sinus thing that has been oppressing me, is in its waning moments! (I hope so at least)

Went for a nice ride yesterday at Frick Park in the city. and put on 12+ miles of LONG CLIMB, SHORT DOWNHILL, LONG CLIMB, SHORT DOWNHILL and so on..... I felt pretty strong even though I was continuously hacking up some crap that blended right in with the mud on the trails :shocked:

got a bunch to do to plan our school ski trip to Vermont:disgust: and just found out that our department needs to give a mid-term test/grade:disgust: this is new and completly Fvcks up my grading system:disgust1: :disgust: so I got that going for me!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
This weather has been surreal. I was standing on my deck Saturday night in a short sleeve shirt grilling some burgers. It is not supposed to be 70 degrees in Connecticut in January!!! It's so freaky it doesn't seem real.

splat

Nam I am
Morning ! Raining here today ! so I didn't ride. I don't like cold rain. although for this time of year it should be considered warm rain.

weekenfd was Incredible ! Saturday was very warm as has been said already. did a Buncjh of father son stuff with my Boy.

Sunday Was a road ride and did the last 7 miles of my ride with my son.

12 of us did a 39 mile road ride Sunday, it felt more like 75 miles

I did a Solo 65 Mile ride ,I had done 58 when I got home , so I went to do a couple more to get a Metrice century ( 100 KM ) and My son wanted to join me . so Of course I said YES! SO I did the last 7 with My son :cupidarrow:

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I'm in the paper today!

http://www.amny.com/entertainment/custom/fashion/am-bikeshirt0108,0,4502824.story

Stylish yet safe shirts for cyclists
By Justin Rocket Silverman
amNewYork Staff Writer

January 8, 2007

Laek House tees could pass for a stylized shirt you'd find at specialty shops throughout the city. But once a headlight shines on it, the wearer becomes instantly illuminated.

The reflective shirts are the latest in cyclist apparel from East Village-based silk screener, designer and manufacturer Ethan Benton.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had a great ride yesterday at Hawes. Tons of climbing for a 12 mile ride. We were treated to a B-17 fly-by when on the top of the mine trail. Falcon Field is southwest so it looked like it was headed right for us when it was first spotted. Saw several other warbirds pass over while we were riding.

Other than that found some excellent music online and burned up the rest of my monthly download allotment.

Have a good day.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
sweet weekend. the rock show friday (kimchee 10th) wasn't nearly as good as the first, and as i was shooting for the label head, that meant i had to stick around for all the bands...last one didn't get on until about 12:45...i was exhausted.

saturday was unreal, weather-wise...did a run, then went w/ some neighbors to newburyport for dinner and walking around...wearing shorts in early january on a seaport town just isn't right.

had a good ride yesterday, 1st one in a while. back to the grindstone today.

oh, the football games were entertaining too.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Morning.

Raining here, and I have a very sore back to boot. Got some good rides in over the weekend, if it lets up some, maybee I'll go and ride later..

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Got a short road ride in on Saturday. Then really not much beyond that. Was going to do a lot of things but just never got beyond the TV or books or playing with Willow.

She's been a handful at bedtime. All of a sudden she doesn't want to sleep by herself and throws an insane fit until Mommy comes back. Bloody murder kinda screaming. So that's left us a little frazzled. Can't wait for Emma to go out of town Wednesday and Thursday to see how that plays out.

Slammed at work with almost the next 9 months booked for me. That's good and bad.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Hello. Blah, blah, warm weather, blah... I took advantage of it too and took 2 pickup truck loads of crap to the dump that has been in my garage since we moved in 5+ years ago. Old cabinets we ripped out, old sink, etc... Also tore down a big shelf kind of thing in the garage and gained about 50 sq. ft. more usable area. :thumb: No pics....sorry. Yesterday was spent at my niece's 1st birthday party. That's about it I guess...

Have a good one! :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - my legs are tired today, but it was well worth it. Rode with Quo Fan and a non-Monkey yesterday. Good ride - not long, but long enough to put a nice end to a Sunday afternoon!

Single speeding is fun! :thumb:

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
She's been a handful at bedtime. All of a sudden she doesn't want to sleep by herself and throws an insane fit until Mommy comes back. Bloody murder kinda screaming. So that's left us a little frazzled. Can't wait for Emma to go out of town Wednesday and Thursday to see how that plays out.

Try music. Put on a relaxing, familiar CD for her and see if it does the trick. I've got one that when overtired, she wigs before she sleeps. We'll let her listen to the Curious George soundtrack or some similar music and find her asleep halfway through track 2.

If that doesn't work...........

"Daddy drinks because you cry"

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Try music. Put on a relaxing, familiar CD for her and see if it does the trick. I've got one that when overtired, she wigs before she sleeps. We'll let her listen to the Curious George soundtrack or some similar music and find her asleep halfway through track 2.
Excellent suggestion. Going to try that tonight.

If that doesn't work...........

"Daddy drinks because you cry"
Oddly enough I said that Saturday night.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Morning.

70 degree weekend meant LOADS of good riding on Saturday. Bent derailleur hanger facilitated a visit to the LBS to have it straightened.

Other than that, nothing much is going on. Back to class for 9 hours today. Oh what a day it's going to be.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
As rob said, it was an awesome weekend. Nothing beats riding at Stewart and we were sweating out there in jerseys and shorts. Felt odd to ride our summer trails this time of year though.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well I was supposed to start work today, but a job got pushed back, so here I sit. Coffee is good. Guess I'll go fishing.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm sitting here in an immensely boring class that's essentially "pre-programming" - that is, preparing you to program :rolleyes:

It is made far, far worse by the fact that this professor is Asian and has an extremely heavy accent, and mutters half his sentences quietly to boot.

:banghead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm sitting here in an immensely boring class that's essentially "pre-programming" - that is, preparing you to program :rolleyes:

It is made far, far worse by the fact that this professor is Asian and has an extremely heavy accent, and mutters half his sentences quietly to boot.

He's probably a really bad driver too.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN

"I cant understand you, with your chingy chang talk"

bastard.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
A guy I worked for was an off-the-boat Chinaman. Spoke with such a heavy accent it was sometimes hard to understand. One day, he was sending us to Beverly, MA to pick up some stuff. He said "Ah-ya, I send you Bervery today." "Where the fvck is Bervery?" So he says it louder and slower Ber-ver-ry. After about 5 minutes, we figured out that it was Beverly.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
A guy I worked for was an off-the-boat Chinaman. Spoke with such a heavy accent it was sometimes hard to understand. One day, he was sending us to Beverly, MA to pick up some stuff. He said "Ah-ya, I send you Bervery today." "Where the fvck is Bervery?" So he says it louder and slower Ber-ver-ry. After about 5 minutes, we figured out that it was Beverly.
reminds me of the scene in "Do the right thing" when RadioRaheem is yelling "MICKY FICKY" at the store owner! :disgust1:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning all! Crappy, rainy day here :( We got a lot of work in the house done this weekend and I got some time in on the rollers. It rained most of the day Saturday, but it was warm so I took Syd for a nice long walk...she REALLY loves being outside and I hoped the fresh air would do her good because she's got a cold. I am amazed at how happy and good natured she is even when she's sick...I really am a lucky mother.

Anyway, I am now headed to my next school and they haven't had lessons in 2 weeks so it will be interesting to see if anyone remembered their instruments.