Quantcast

!!!!!Good Morning, Choads!!!!!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Temps are getting cold. Will be up heating orchards, trying to save the delicate fruit tree blossoms from perishing in the cold air.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Doing bills. One of my cc's is pulling (-) as (+) into my accounting program. This is... problematic.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sounds environmental friendly. :twitch:
Organically grown V10 heated.

Snow again today, it's sure been a crazy April. Yesterday was sunny and dry and made for a brilliant ride. I cut 2 second off a Strava DH section and got into the top 10 this year. I know it's stupid but helps put a little fun into a trail I ride all the time.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Got half the garden planted/sown yesterday, after a short ride. Rain for today, but seems to be holding off a bit. Will try to sneak in a ride later, put in the rest of the garden over the next day or three.

Neighborhood once in a while riding buddy wants me to look at another friends 2003 Specialized Brain shock...
Non-functional, with a same year Fox fork of some sort. They don't want to put $$$$ into the thing. I said, sure, will see what can be done. No guarantee of anything.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I really do enjoy it over here, but holy hell it's cold! 26 freedoms this morning and my old ass isn't used to that in April. But I will take the quiet (between train runs).

Also either the neighbors have a bunny that wears a vest, or their house was being inspected by a very official looking bunny. I have never seen a bunny in a safety vest before.
PXL_20210411_143107053.jpg

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Woke up at 5 something, finally got back asleep around 7, wife let me sleep until 10. Much needed. Coffee and classical currently, limited agenda today due to rain. Clean kitchen, make pasta dough and sauce. Perhaps some laundry. Mystery knee pain still present.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Grilled fish tacos and beers on the patio last night... sleepy this morning. Still gonna get up to the hill and do a spring ski for a couple-three hours. Then, who knows? I should build up a new rear wheel for the squishy bike, but I'll probably nap.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
New unit bearings seemed to have fixed my front end issues (no context thread), at least initial test drive indicates such. No more loose steering or pulling, ABS kicking on or visual tire wobbling up to 60mph, which would occur before.

Was going to do u-joints too, but when I got home I realized the guy gave me 2 u-joints that are for the driveshaft, not axles. Took that as a sign to leave them in there, as there's no slop or torn boots anyway.

Now sitting here while everyone else naps, wondering if @Adventurous is mangling some of my new tools replacing the BB on his Yeti before I even got the chance to use them. I hope he's following an exploded diagram at least.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
New unit bearings seemed to have fixed my front end issues (no context thread), at least initial test drive indicates such. No more loose steering or pulling, ABS kicking on or visual tire wobbling up to 60mph, which would occur before.

Was going to do u-joints too, but when I got home I realized the guy gave me 2 u-joints that are for the driveshaft, not axles. Took that as a sign to leave them in there, as there's no slop or torn boots anyway.

Now sitting here while everyone else naps, wondering if @Adventurous is mangling some of my new tools replacing the BB on his Yeti before I even got the chance to use them. I hope he's following an exploded diagram at least.
Wait... how many miles this thing got??

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Wait... how many miles this thing got??
Just under 70k. Close to 50k with the 35s....so not exactly shocked.

As a general rule of them, whenever you start doing shit like lifts, bigger tires, etc I would expect stock parts like bearings, u-joints, ball joints, etc to get half the life out of them, if that.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
RR/DR was ridden, er, "ridden". I still like my e-bike. No blood lost today and more fluid on the tech bits, but still with a few more dabs than in high season form.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Just under 70k. Close to 50k with the 35s....so not exactly shocked.

As a general rule of them, whenever you start doing shit like lifts, bigger tires, etc I would expect stock parts like bearings, u-joints, ball joints, etc to get half the life out of them, if that.
Yeah... I was wondering, 'cause I have 125K on my '14 F150 and everything is still tight up front from what I can tell.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Found a farm on the way to the trailhead today, which has opened a new shop with fresh food. 100% need to revisit for their fresh everything bagels and soup. So much good stuff.

Had to resist buying everything and walked out with some soap stuff for the girlfriend and this stuff for me:

Making nachos tonight because rain. Will top with this cream stuff.