Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
manhattanprjkt83 said:
great ride last night, terrible day, i just got burried up to my eyes in accounting bs, 1 week at the new job and im already looking for a new one...
I felt the same way 1 week out of college at my job.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I'd pay money to see it.
I bet he didn't care much about spelling when he was getting electrocuted by the weedwacker he started up without a kill switch on it.

J

JRB

stosh said:
I bet he didn't care much about spelling when he was getting electrocuted by the weedwacker he started up without a kill switch on it.
I was spelling the curse words wrong even.

*you wouldn't have wanted to see it. Clutch parts were flying everywhere.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I was spelling the curse words wrong even.

*you wouldn't have wanted to see it. Clutch parts were flying everywhere.
From behind a bullet proof curtain I bet it would have been fun to see.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Westy said:
I keep going over the course from last year in my head and have begun to obsess over the mudpit. I would say that I need help from a mental health professional but I just don't feel like wearing out every single part on my bike again.

last year, they did build a go around the mud pit, BUT due to all the rain the mud pit expanded
I am assuming the course will be the same this year, to make it long enough they pretty much have to use that road climb and the downhill section after that, maybe towards the bottom they will make some changes but it still would be pretty much the same type of st.......and hopefully this year it wouldnt rain and they will make a another go-around the expanded mud pit

And that root section (after the field) was changed after the 24 last year so that part will be less scetchy

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
TreeSaw said:
What, what, what??? :confused:

I'd loan you one of mine, but you'd look a little funny riding a small :p
I'll figure something out. Someone bought the frame I was looking at to replace my Blur, and I didn't find out until after I had already put the Blur frame on ebay, and now Yeti doesn't have any more of the one I want. :(

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Congrats on the team thing!!! :thumb:

Maybe I'll try to meet up with you next week to do the Wednesday race thing. Gotta check the calendar.

YES - you should !

plus any/every monkey that shows up for a wednesday race, I will by them a beer after!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
douglas said:
last year, they did build a go around the mud pit, BUT due to all the rain the mud pit expanded
I am assuming the course will be the same this year, to make it long enough they pretty much have to use that road climb and the downhill section after that, maybe towards the bottom they will make some changes but it still would be pretty much the same type of st.......and hopefully this year it wouldnt rain and they will make a another go-around the expanded mud pit

And that root section (after the field) was changed after the 24 last year so that part will be less scetchy
I liked the root section, bastards.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
stosh said:
what do you do?
Well that is funny, My degree is in Information Systems with a Minor in Business Admin, I work at Bayer (as in asprin) doing work on a new system they put in dubbed SAP, its a major organizational nightmare so i am working to fix it. As for now they have me in the effing accounting dept dealing with bad books in the system.

I HATE ACCOUNTING will do anything to get out of it. I am already looking for a new job but this one is fronting the $$$

Anyone know of web design/ admin jobs opening?

-Bill

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
manhattanprjkt83 said:
the woman in the cube beside me is singing soul music :rolleyes:
Old school soul?

real deal old school soul roxorz the hozors!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
I'll figure something out. Someone bought the frame I was looking at to replace my Blur, and I didn't find out until after I had already put the Blur frame on ebay, and now Yeti doesn't have any more of the one I want. :(
D'OH! That sucks! I am confident that you'll figure something out though. What are you planning on riding at MTB Weekend? I am sure Sq-Earl would be willing to trade on and off on your Singlespeed, but his Yeti is only a medium.

Morning, :monkey:s!

No riding here: orthopedic appointment Tuesday, EKG yesterday, pre-op this afternoon, plate and screws Monday. After that, I am told, four months of recovery.

Heidi said:
Good to read about everyone riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the clearance from my dr. yesterday to do some EASY spins and I mean easy. Unfortunately, I cannot yet bend my knee enough to do the full circle motion. I'll try swimming for a few days and maybe by this weekend I can actual sit on a saddle and turn the cranks:)
I still remember the triumphant feeling the first time I pedaled full circle after trashing my knee years ago.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
TreeSaw said:
D'OH! That sucks! I am confident that you'll figure something out though. What are you planning on riding at MTB Weekend? I am sure Sq-Earl would be willing to trade on and off on your Singlespeed, but his Yeti is only a medium.
I will almost certainly be riding the singlespeed at MBW.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Ola....It's Thursday! One more day 'til Friday :thumb: My bike should be ready for Whistler on Saturday. I'll be running one Hayes brake and one Avid, so it'll look total getto :rolleyes: but at least I'll be on the mtn! :cool:

Have a good day! :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Snacks said:
Ola....It's Thursday! One more day 'til Friday :thumb: My bike should be ready for Whistler on Saturday. I'll be running one Hayes brake and one Avid, so it'll look total getto :rolleyes: but at least I'll be on the mtn! :cool:

Wow, 2 GMT posts in 2 days!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
johnbryanpeters said:

No riding here: orthopedic appointment Tuesday, EKG yesterday, pre-op this afternoon, plate and screws Monday. After that, I am told, four months of recovery.
4 months :eek: Does that mean you won't be making any appearances at monkeyfest? I'll send you along some more healing vibes :monkey:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
johnbryanpeters said:

Geez, that sucks John. So basically you're out of commission for the summer. Sorry to hear it. :(

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Snacks said:
Just asking! Did you call your dealer to get the rear end fixed?
I had posted something about it on MTBR and Todd said they were waiting for new bushing and would be sending them out ASAP. I could have gone up and talked to the guys at IH this weekend because they were at the US Open but I'm to shy.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

Was out sick the last 2 days... probably should still be home sick, but considering how much work called me at home yesterday, I guess they don't really believe in sick days.

Anyways... fighting some kind of flu/sinus/resperatory thing... I feel ok except for the fever. I go from shivering cold to sweating through my clothes in about 10 minutes... pretty much sucks. In being home for 2 days, I got very restless, so I spent some time cleaning up the Yeti. Noticed LOTS of damage in the form of chips and dings - fortunately, nothing of any substance to the frame though. My wife got me some Pedros stuff for my bday that I finally got around to using. let me just tell ya... their citrus degreaser is WAAAAAY better than simple green, and bike lust is pretty good too - especially on the matte black parts (bars, stem, post).

I've got about zero energy from this damn cold, so I haven't ridden since Saturday and probably won't be riding much anytime soon. I'm hoping to get my camping gear aired out this weekend for MBW.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
Mornin Stosh.

Was out sick the last 2 days... probably should still be home sick, but considering how much work called me at home yesterday, I guess they don't really believe in sick days.

Anyways... fighting some kind of flu/sinus/resperatory thing... I feel ok except for the fever. I go from shivering cold to sweating through my clothes in about 10 minutes... pretty much sucks. In being home for 2 days, I got very restless, so I spent some time cleaning up the Yeti. Noticed LOTS of damage in the form of chips and dings - fortunately, nothing of any substance to the frame though. My wife got me some Pedros stuff for my bday that I finally got around to using. let me just tell ya... their citrus degreaser is WAAAAAY better than simple green, and bike lust is pretty good too - especially on the matte black parts (bars, stem, post).

I've got about zero energy from this damn cold, so I haven't ridden since Saturday and probably won't be riding much anytime soon. I'm hoping to get my camping gear aired out this weekend for MBW.

Yeah I need to get my camping stuff out too, I think we're sleeping out the Xterra though.
Our tent is huge and I don't want to take up that much room at the camp site.

Hope you feel better, some guy in the office has the same thing. Good thing I'm like a super hero and never get sick.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
splat said:
GET OUT SAVE YOUR SELF!!!

I used to work for Bayer , Diagnostics division ( Medfield MA ) in the IT org ! it sucked!
Noway! Im in Bayer Material Sciences Pittsburgh, dont worry im not planning on staying but it is a pretty cool gig to get 3 weeks out of college... :thumb:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Morning everybody! :)

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day. I hungout at the house for most of the day watching tv and movies. Finally I went and got a totally kickass Reese's Blizzard from DairyQueen and it was at that point that I "realized" I'm gonna have to work my ass off to find some work this summer. lol. So after I enjoyed my frozen treats I went out and picked up almost a dozen apps, so should be turning them in a little later today and hopefully, hopefully I'll get a few interviews at the least. Then I watched the documentary about Steve McQueen on TurnerClassicMovies, seems like he was a pretty damn cool guy but later turned into a bit of a crazy person. Then proceded by watching the complete version of Bullitt on TCM as well. :D

Today, I'll probably go riding, pick up some lunch (with some hot chicks of course ;) ) then start preparing all my stuff for Angelfire since I'll be leaving tomorrow for it. :D

That is all.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Snacks said:

Glad to hear you got your new rig all set up.....new bikes are so much fun (and riding them at whistler is even better! :D )