Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
plus, what's the crown -> axle height on that maverick fork? the 29" wheel's gonna raise the front end up anyway, and i can't imagine that fork helps offset it any.

a higher front end isn't conducive to better cornering.

N8, you are under a strong, delusional spell. physics is beating yr arse.
It's called Republicanism. He's still skeptical of the theory of evolution as well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I want to ditch work and go ride--it's so nice here!!

Ditto!!! I still haven't come to a conclusion of what to do about my lack of water.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
lovebunny said:
thanks man. im sure heathers hoping for the same thing. we have a ride planned and i have no way of getting there if i dont have my license
Yes you do, you can ride your bike ;)

Good Afternoon Stosh! :D

I'm waiting to hear if lovebunny passed his driver's test so I know if I'm riding solo tonight. :)

Have a good day! :)

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Ditto!!! I still haven't come to a conclusion of what to do about my lack of water.
damn, I wish we were seeing you this weekend because I could really use a cage for my road bike. If you don't want to keep one, you can buy it and we'll do a swap when i see you next time (you can break it in for me!). Just be sure to get black :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
damn, I wish we were seeing you this weekend because I could really use a cage for my road bike. If you don't want to keep one, you can buy it and we'll do a swap when i see you next time (you can break it in for me!). Just be sure to get black :thumb:
Ha I got a red one!!
However I have a couple at home, one is silver.. I thought I had a black one too but I'll have to check.
You can have one.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Actually my bike is red, so I'll take either :)
Ha ok cool!
I paid $5's for it! What a rip off!! I hate this LBS in the town I work in.
You can buy me a beer!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Ha ok cool!
I paid $5's for it! What a rip off!! I hate this LBS in the town I work in.
You can buy me a beer!

When are you leaving for/ returning from PA? We should try to meet for dinner at our usual spot and I'll hook you up with some Yuengling

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Logically though, it may be tire/wheel selection. A 29'er wheel and tire have to weight more the the same quality 26" wheel. The Racer-X is a great bike, and you got a top of the line kit on yours.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
When are you leaving for/ returning from PA? We should try to meet for dinner at our usual spot and I'll hook you up with some Yuengling
I'm not sure what's going this weekend. I'll let you know more tomorrow.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Reactor said:
Logically though, it may be tire/wheel selection. A 29'er wheel and tire have to weight more the the same quality 26" wheel. The Racer-X is a great bike, and you got a top of the line kit on yours.
I'll argue that having the longer travel in the back of the 26" R-X will roll over more stuff than the shortened up travel fo the 29R-X. I see 29'ers as a good thing for tall dudes but a personal taste thing for regular folks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
Rob's coming down tomorrow between 4 and 5. We have no dinner plans, so if you're around and want to do Sweeney's (or somewhere else), I'm sure we'd be up for meeting you.
Ok cool!!!
I'll let you know tomorrow.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
evening... i got to ride again today!! This night shift work sucks.. but riding all day long is awesome!!!!!! now I need a few people to go with me im getting bored alone