Quantcast

~~Good Thursday Morning!!~~

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
bluebug32 said:
Did you ride Vassar? I was going to go last night but ended up hanging out with a friend instead. Checked out the new boathouse down by river. I kind of want to give crew a try now. It's an amazing facility.
Yeah I was at Vassar...right at the freeride stunts when I blewout. Where's the boathouse? Is it on the Dutchess or Orange/Ulster side of the river?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dogwonder said:
Between UVM and work, I've spent many years in Burlington. It's a fun place especially in the summer. Winters on the other hand can be brutally cold.
Thats what I"ve heard.

my dad did some work up there for IBM

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Afternoon stosh. Congrats on the rings, they sound really slick.

Sorry about your friend. Do we know him by any chance??

My lab quiz kicked my ass this morning. Completely not what I expected.

Brunge/Manhattan, I'd have eaten his face if he defaced the trail like that. But in all seriousness, maybe get the local riding community to go after him and make his life miserable or something?

Ahh well. It's calzone day, so there's redemption yet.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
dogwonder said:
Yeah I was at Vassar...right at the freeride stunts when I blewout. Where's the boathouse? Is it on the Dutchess or Orange/Ulster side of the river?
Nice! I love Vassar. Have they fixed up Bo Jangles yet? It was a mess last time I was there.

The boathouse is down the river a bit from Marist's waterfront. They're actually developing it and are going to have benches and a park etc.

We'll have to meet after work for a ride!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
douglas said:
if you want to compare it to norba, its pretty much

1=1st timers/noob's/slow beginners
2=beginners
3=sport
4=expert & up

you decide what you want to do, the only excpetion is for 4 laps they want racers to be expert level & up
Thanks....now I have to decide which number I should try :devil:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Afternoon Stosh! :D

Congrats on picking out the rings. Nothing much going on here, just tons of work, which is currently making my work days 12-14 hours long. I hate being a salaried employee. :(

Orvs and I are still trying to work out our road trip for August.

I should get back to work. Have a good day everyone! :)

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Afternoon, sorry I'm late. I had a job interview this morning. Art director for a teacher group. It went ok, but I'm not all that interested in the job now.

Now I can focus on what matters,

Midwest/Midsouth Arkansas Monkeyfest!

J

JRB

DNA said:
Afternoon, sorry I'm late. I had a job interview this morning. Art director for a teacher group. It went ok, but I'm not all that interested in the job now.

Now I can focus on what matters,

Midwest/Midsouth Arkansas Monkeyfest!
How's the weather looking up there?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
It has been rainy here, but that doesn't mean it has at DD.

Paging Sherpa, paging biker3, paging Andyman or any other Arkansas Monkey ... how's the weather?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Thanks....now I have to decide which number I should try :devil:

2, ofcourse!

1 lap, its $8 per lap....2 lap, its only $4 per lap ( you'll be saving $$ :D )

unless you are cheap, then do 3 =$2.67 per lap!! :cool:

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
bluebug32 said:
Nice! I love Vassar. Have they fixed up Bo Jangles yet? It was a mess last time I was there.

The boathouse is down the river a bit from Marist's waterfront. They're actually developing it and are going to have benches and a park etc.

We'll have to meet after work for a ride!
Mr. Bojangles is still kind of messy. The first short bridge is complete with the usual off camber ending. The log ride is still in good shape but the down tree right at the end is still there. So it makes for a real quick turn after the log.

I would clear it out but I'd have to rent a chainsaw. And every damn time I rent a chainsaw it won't start. Certainly a major case of operator error.

Lemme know if you are ever heading over, I usually ride their from my house and the place is usually pretty empty.

I'll have to check the boathouse out, although without a boat, it may not be very entertaining.