Quantcast

~~~ Good Thursday Morning ~~~

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin All. What's shakin?

Not much to report on this AM. My dad came into town last night, unexpectedly, and took us out for dinner - that was a nice surprise. I spent a lot of time last week fixing a computer for a friend... gotta make a house call today to show her how to use it now :rolleyes:. There's the possibility of a ride tonight, but we'll have to wait and see how things play out.

What's everyone got on for the day?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jacksonpt said:
Mornin All. What's shakin?

Not much to report on this AM. My dad came into town last night, unexpectedly, and took us out for dinner - that was a nice surprise. I spent a lot of time last week fixing a computer for a friend... gotta make a house call today to show her how to use it now :rolleyes:. There's the possibility of a ride tonight, but we'll have to wait and see how things play out.

What's everyone got on for the day?
Where did ya go for din?

Showing friends how to "use computers" is dangerous, dangerous water......

I got nuttin' goin' on. At least I don't think I do. :think:

-S.S.-

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yo.

Got me a 9:30 breakfast meeting this morning. It's my turn to host it (we rotate) so I ordered breakfast pizza. Mmmmmmmm...... Pizza with eggs and bacon on it is mighty tasty!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
No school for me today as we celebrate Rosh Hashanah! That means I get to do some work around the house....more school work and get my stuff packed for the weekend!!!

Went for a ride last night...first ride out on the Jekyll build. It was fun! I broke my chain about 3 pedals into the first climb :-)mumble: Shimano). Managed to find my old chain that I broke the powerlink on so I got that fixed and got riding only to find out that I didn't have any rear brakes (must not have adjusted that right). Needless to say, it was an interesting ride...no major crashes and a little faster than I tend to ride some sections, but fun, fun, fun! I give the new Fox shock w/ProPedal 2 thumbs up! It was AWESOME in comparison to the beat up old Fox shock that I had on my first jekyll.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
TreeSaw said:
I give the new Fox shock w/ProPedal 2 thumbs up! It was AWESOME in comparison to the beat up old Fox shock that I had on my first jekyll.
Agreed! I love mine. :)

No riding for me last night, but MBC dragged me to a spinning class. I really did not want to go, but I am glad I did. It was a good workout.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning. Ended up with a big chunk of birthday cash last night, so I went to the local homemade candy shop and bought a couple pounds worth of junk food, then went out with my girlfriend for steak fajitas and beer :D :D

...the rest of it I'm going to be responsible with and put it in my savings account.

Not much planned for tonight. Just got my cable turned back on after the cable company told me I didn't pay them, and I laughed in their face and printed out the copy of the cashed check with "TIME WARNER CABLE" printed in block letters on the back of it. Stupid people :angry: - but I got it turned on in time for the rest of football season!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
SkaredShtles said:
Where did ya go for din?

Showing friends how to "use computers" is dangerous, dangerous water......
We went to a little itallian place on the other side of town. Service was very slow, but the veal was excellent.

And yes... showing people how to use computers is dangerous. I'm not sure what happened to her box in the first place, but there were several core windows files that were corrupted. I had windows "repair" itself rather than nuking the drive. All her old apps/docs are still on the machine, but windows doesn't know it, and she doesn't know where to find things.

This could turn into a huge nightmare, but I'm hoping it's just a matter of showing her where the My Documents folder is and crap like that.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
binary visions said:
Not much planned for tonight. Just got my cable turned back on after the cable company told me I didn't pay them, and I laughed in their face and printed out the copy of the cashed check with "TIME WARNER CABLE" printed in block letters on the back of it. Stupid people :angry: - but I got it turned on in time for the rest of football season!
I hate time warner.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I Are Baboon said:

No riding for me last night, but MBC dragged me to a spinning class. I really did not want to go, but I am glad I did. It was a good workout.
Sweet! One of the guys in our bike club teaches a spinning class. I have been curious about them...maybe I should go and do one!

J

JRB

Good mornin yo. Off work tomorrow so I will just have to lament my morbid existence here one more day this week.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:

Did you go to Healthrax for the spinning class?

Oh yeah and G'Morning. I coached soccer last night - good times - the kids actually really listened and practiced hard. Hopefully they will play well on Saturday.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Mornin all. I've been riding my newly built SoulCycles Titan lately, which means that my V10 is partially disassembled. I'm bored here sitting in first period, got done with my biology test so typed up 3 pages of vocab a few minutes ago and now am searching the net. I'm glad its almost Friday....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I did nothing in class this morning but watch a video on the Hoover dam.

J

JRB

stosh said:
I did nothing in class this morning but watch a video on the Hoover dam.

Where was the screen??? Didn't know you were in Nevada??? When you going back to NY??? :D

Oh and what was the video???

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Yup, Healthtrax. Our first workout as new members there.
Can you bring guests? Can you see if you could get me a one week trial pass?

Want to try doing some of those early a.m. rides BAbs? I need to get my arse on my bikes more often. :(

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Can you bring guests? Can you see if you could get me a one week trial pass?

Want to try doing some of those early a.m. rides BAbs? I need to get my arse on my bikes more often. :(
Next time I am there (after work today, most likely), I will ask. They might make you come down and ask for it yourself though.

Yeah mang, I definitely want to do pre-work road rides. 'Course, I'll be away all next week, so maybe the week after we can do those. It's going to start to get chilly in the morning, so you might want to look into getting some long tights (I have a few pairs myself). Cold road rides suck.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Where was the screen??? Didn't know you were in Nevada??? When you going back to NY??? :D

Oh and what was the video???
The building of the hoover dam.

Actually we're looking at using a new 3D modeling program here at work and the only place there is a class is in Vegas in Nov. so I may be heading out that way anyway.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all.

Mother-in-law is arriving this morning. Tomorrow the wife and I have an evening wedding to attend, they we're heading up to Estes Park for a little getaway at some nice hotel the wife booked. Sat night we have another wedding at this chapel a few miles south of Estes:

The view from the other side shows Mt Meeker towering above the chapel. I always thought that this would be an excellent place for a wedding.

J

JRB

stosh said:
The building of the hoover dam.

Actually we're looking at using a new 3D modeling program here at work and the only place there is a class is in Vegas in Nov. so I may be heading out that way anyway.

Cool on Vegas. Bummer on one more lame ass attempt at funny that was only enjoyed by me. Really it only matters that I amuse myself. Sorry to infringe on all you monkeys while I do so.

J

JRB

pixelninja said:
Mornin all.

Mother-in-law is arriving this morning. Tomorrow the wife and I have an evening wedding to attend, they we're heading up to Estes Park for a little getaway at some nice hotel the wife booked. Sat night we have another wedding at this chapel a few miles south of Estes:

The view from the other side shows Mt Meeker towering above the chapel. I always thought that this would be an excellent place for a wedding.
Cool place

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Mornin all.

NICE!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Cool on Vegas. Bummer on one more lame ass attempt at funny that was only enjoyed by me. Really it only matters that I amuse myself. Sorry to infringe on all you monkeys while I do so.
have you ever done drugs..........