Quantcast

~~~ Good Thursday Morning ~~~

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
loco-gringo said:
Cool on Vegas. Bummer on one more lame ass attempt at funny that was only enjoyed by me. Really it only matters that I amuse myself. Sorry to infringe on all you monkeys while I do so.
I might laugh later :p

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I Are Baboon said:
Nice castle, but my eyes are fixated on the woods and mountains. There MUST be some good MTB trails in those woods. :)
Like SS says, that's RMNP and no bikey, but a few miles south of this is the Sourdough trail. Awesome singletrack.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
ROCKLAND said:
Cool place! One of the guys I ride with, I went to his wedding @ this place
Another nice chapel! Small weddings in small chapels are the best kind. Here's the chapel my brother was married in up in Door County, Wisconsin:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pixelninja said:
Another nice chapel! Small weddings in small chapels are the best kind. Here's the chapel my brother was married in up in Door County, Wisconsin:

Thats nice! Looks like a Stav Church.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

Stave is the norwegian word meaning ships mast if I remember correctly. Most of the first churches were built from large main beams set into the ground and frames around. Very cool style.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

At the time Christianity was invading norway these churches sprang up. At that time the Norwegians were still praying to the Norst gods so in some of the pictures on the Stave Church walls you can see Norst God intertwined with Christan symbols. The covered area around the outside walls of the church was where the lower class people went for church.

J

JRB

Cool stuff pixelninja. We don't seem to enjoy finer architecture here. Just a beautiful climate. :rolleyes:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Cool stuff pixelninja. We don't seem to enjoy finer architecture here. Just a beautiful climate. :rolleyes:
what exactly is "finer architecture"

J

JRB

stosh said:
Well I don't think your statement is true. Arch. has been discussed on here before.

I meant that is what we think is fine architecture here.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
I meant that is what we think is fine architecture here.
Ok well thats not true either.

But maybe if we post more cattle trailers we'll inspire people.