~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
BigMike said:
I also saw the Transporter 2 this weekend, pretty good flick :thumb:
:(

so did I, thought it was really cool except for that part when he removed the bomb from the car, it was just too much, and when he was surrounded by 100 dudes and beat them all...otherwise awesome

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
Well you can always come and hang out with us!!!

I'm riding today and hopefully Thursday.
Rob's coming down this weekend right?
I'd love to hang out with you guys :thumb:

Rob will be here this weekend and we're still planning on coming down to Stewart with you guys.

We could try to ride Thurs. if you like. I could try to sneak out a little early. Damn, it's so depressing that it's getting dark at 7:30 now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a good weekend. Raced the 24 hours of Seven Springs in a 4 person Expert team. We managed to get second place. All my team mates were very very fast, I was the weak link. My first lap I flatted losing a good 10 minutes, running the third spot my next three laps were all in the dark. When I woke up for my last night lap I felt like I had the bed spins, felt all dizzy and it was hard to stand up straight. I was coming down with something and had a fever and it was messing with my equilibrium. I didn't want to make any of my team mates go out when they did not plan on it so I just toughed it out an put in a lap. With no sense of balance I managed to crash 7 times. Managed to walk away unhurt but mangled a derailleur. I took a fistfull of asprin and began to feel better for my last lap, which was the last lap of the race. 3rd place was about 7 minutes behind so I just had to put in a good clean lap. I felt pretty good and managed to get my fastest lap of the race in, go figure. Drove away with a nasty head cold and a nice check for the 2nd place finished that managed to pay for the whole weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I'd love to hang out with you guys :thumb:

Rob will be here this weekend and we're still planning on coming down to Stewart with you guys.

We could try to ride Thurs. if you like. I could try to sneak out a little early. Damn, it's so depressing that it's getting dark at 7:30 now.
Yeah I know, it will probably be a short ride tonight I feel.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Westy said:
Had a good weekend. Raced the 24 hours of Seven Springs in a 4 person Expert team. We managed to get second place. All my team mates were very very fast, I was the weak link. My first lap I flatted losing a good 10 minutes, running the third spot my next three laps were all in the dark. When I woke up for my last night lap I felt like I had the bed spins, felt all dizzy and it was hard to stand up straight. I was coming down with something and had a fever and it was messing with my equilibrium. I didn't want to make any of my team mates go out when they did not plan on it so I just toughed it out an put in a lap. With no sense of balance I managed to crash 7 times. Managed to walk away unhurt but mangled a derailleur. I took a fistfull of asprin and began to feel better for my last lap, which was the last lap of the race. 3rd place was about 7 minutes behind so I just had to put in a good clean lap. I felt pretty good and managed to get my fastest lap of the race in, go figure. Drove away with a nasty head cold and a nice check for the 2nd place finished that managed to pay for the whole weekend.

So did you like the event, i ski there in the winter every now and then, and the resort itself just irritates me, i think intrawest needs to buy it, there is a huge market coming out of pgh for skiing there...I havent ridden there in forever either (since the norba races back in the day)...I think a friend of mine was racing solo there his name is mike shultz ...run into him at all?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Crazy Sweeper said:
morning all! Haven't been on in a week, but nobody noticed I was gone anyway. Uneventful weekend, but I was real busy last week. Working full time and taking 3 college classes. Hey stosh PM me some info about this weekend if it's still on.

Rob, my tube is 8 inches on my fork. Thought I'd finally pass that information to you. Interested?
Hey! Welcome back. And, yes, we were wondering where you had wandered off to.

I'll let Rob know. He doesn't have internet till Fri.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
Good job, Westy! Hope you didn't catch Lyme menengitis. :monkey:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Just got back from Mammoth last night. We had a great time, I actually forgot how crappy things at work are, until I came in this morning.

And we actually took riding pictures this time :D

Well I have to get some work done. Have a great day everyone! :)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Crazy Sweeper said:
morning all! Haven't been on in a week, but nobody noticed I was gone anyway. Uneventful weekend, but I was real busy last week. Working full time and taking 3 college classes. Hey stosh PM me some info about this weekend if it's still on.

Rob, my tube is 8 inches on my fork. Thought I'd finally pass that information to you. Interested?
nah people where asking where you were.. we thought you went out for a submarine ride.. welcome back

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
bluebug32 said:
Hey! Welcome back. And, yes, we were wondering where you had wandered off to.

I'll let Rob know. He doesn't have internet till Fri.
Thanks Doll, just let him know my fork is bigger than his spoon. See you this weekend at Stewart.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shyrmp said:
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Just got back from Mammoth last night. We had a great time, I actually forgot how crappy things at work are, until I came in this morning.

And we actually took riding pictures this time :D
Well I have to get some work done. Have a great day everyone! :)

morning!!!
Nice pics... wish I had a DH bike....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
George, here is a pic of Aubrey riding Tamaqua.
She tried that double roller again and did it flawlessly. She face planted in the gravity bowl thing that we rode last time though. It was funny, luckly she face planted in a pile of leaves...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I Are Baboon said:
Good job, Westy! Hope you didn't catch Lyme menengitis. :monkey:

Scary thing is I did find a deer tick on my ankle after the race. All symptoms point toward a head cold but if things look different I'm heading to the docs ASAP. God the stupid little tick in a ziplock in the freezer.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
The weather is prime!!!
I know. Finally a break in the humidity. We had a great ride on Fri. at Vassar. Rob posted a thread that night if you want to check it out. We've still got to get you over here some weekend to ride it. Maybe next spring.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bluebug32 said:
I know. Finally a break in the humidity. We had a great ride on Fri. at Vassar. Rob posted a thread that night if you want to check it out. We've still got to get you over here some weekend to ride it. Maybe next spring.
We will still have time this fall to ride.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
George, here is a pic of Aubrey riding Tamaqua.
She tried that double roller again and did it flawlessly. She face planted in the gravity bowl thing that we rode last time though. It was funny, luckly she face planted in a pile of leaves...
nice!!!! I have some pics of my wife and I's ride on sunday.. they are on my home computer so i will post them later!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
manhattanprjkt83 said:
So did you like the event, i ski there in the winter every now and then, and the resort itself just irritates me, i think intrawest needs to buy it, there is a huge market coming out of pgh for skiing there...I havent ridden there in forever either (since the norba races back in the day)...I think a friend of mine was racing solo there his name is mike shultz ...run into him at all?
I really liked the event. The camping area was nice, groomed grass and flat. The trails were very tough, rocky rocky rocky, but easy enough that the majority of people could clean the course. The race was very well ran and the payouts for podium finishes were comparatively large.

The only problem I had was during my last lap some ****tards on ATV were poaching the trails, I almost had a head on collision coming off a fast blind downhill corner. The only reason why I was able to avoid them was because I needed to have a lap with no mechanicals and I was going slower than normal to avoid pinchflats.

I did not meat your friend riding solo. Got to give him some big respect though. With all the climbing and rocks that was a very tough course to ride solo.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Westy said:
Scary thing is I did find a deer tick on my ankle after the race. All symptoms point toward a head cold but if things look different I'm heading to the docs ASAP. God the stupid little tick in a ziplock in the freezer.
If you got the tick off ASAP you should be fine. They need to be on your body for at least 24 hours before they even start to transmit the disease. It's always good to be cautious, however. Hope you feel better!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
bluebug32 said:
If you got the tick off ASAP you should be fine. They need to be on your body for at least 24 hours before they even start to transmit the disease. It's always good to be cautious, however. Hope you feel better!
I found the tick when I woke up at 2:00 AM the day after. It wasn't all swollen but it was biting and it didn't come from my bed.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Rode Saturday with my brothers. Really had to drop a deuce mid-ride, and as I was sitting up against a tree doing my thing a group of riders comes by. The area within a 30 foot radius smelled like, well, sh!t and I got my pants about mid thigh and just sorta hid in the woods while they rode past. Had to whipe my ass with leaves too, that was rather uncomfortable.

Rode the hard tail on real trails for the first time, man, those clipless pedals are not confidence inspiring at all. I am scared to actually ride them hard, but I guess confidence will come with time.

Yesterday I spent alone in my room with a female friend. :D

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Polandspring88 said:
Rode Saturday with my brothers. Really had to drop a deuce mid-ride, and as I was sitting up against a tree doing my thing a group of riders comes by. The area within a 30 foot radius smelled like, well, sh!t and I got my pants about mid thigh and just sorta hid in the woods while they rode past. Had to whipe my ass with leaves too, that was rather uncomfortable.
Oh, God...where did you ride so I can make sure to NEVER RIDE THERE!? :eek:

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Mornin all.

No riding for me this past weekend, as the wife and I attended a wedding in Vegas. Actually came home with more money in our pockets than when we left. Vegas is too fun.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
bluebug32 said:
You haven't seen the size of his spoon ;)

This weekend should be a blast! When are you coming down? Do you know where you're staying?
might havee a couple friends coming down so trying to figure that out first. It'll be nice to do more than drink with you guys. I'm really looking forward to Rob's "crash on flat ground" trick.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Woohoo! I just received a compl. bottle of Italian wine in the mail. Damn, I love my job.

And, Crazysweeper, should be fun this weekend and I'll tell Rob to practice up on his flats. Where he just moved is nothing but flat, so he should be a pro by Sat.

Does anyone know when the Sat. gig is starting?