Quantcast

~~Good Tuesday Morning!!~~

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
didn't do much last night...actually, not much at all. didn't feel like rowing.

tonight, spin class. i wanna read some more of _london fields_ too....it seems like it should be a good read, based on the initial 30 pages or so.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Westy said:
When I am all stressed and can not sleep Benedryl is my friend.
I've tried the Tylenol Cold and Flu stuff. Julie woke me up in a panic: "J! wake up, you're hitting yourself!" turns out I was slapping myself in the face in my sleep. I still suspect her, a little, though.:think:

J

JRB

SilentJ said:
I've tried the Tylenol Cold and Flu stuff. Julie woke me up in a panic: "J! wake up, you're hitting yourself!" turns out I was slapping myself in the face in my sleep. I still suspect her, a little, though.:think:
Any chance you were dreaming about N8 and that mortar???

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Westy said:
When I am stressed and can not sleep Benedryl is my friend.
I'm a nyquil kind of guy personally... but it leaves me groggy in the am. Not sure if that has something to do with the fact that I drink it right from the bottle like a soda - 2 good chugs knocks me out wihtout any trouble.

J

JRB

jacksonpt said:
Thanks, but not at this point. Don't really feel like hanging my marriage laundry on the 'net.
yeah - I didn't figure, and don't care to be nosy, but we are here to help. I know some that are close to you, but I know that I am willing to help if you ever need it. Good luck though. I know some days can be hard. I have them.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jacksonpt said:
Thanks, but not at this point. Don't really feel like hanging my marriage laundry on the 'net.
Good choice :thumb:

Not that there wouldn't be a lot of sympathetic ears, but some things should be left to PMs, emails, and phone conversations.

Hope you've got someone to talk things over with. Sometimes helps to get it off your chest. I've always got room in the PM box though, if you feel yourself needing to rant to a near-stranger.

Good luck, Jackson.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
loco said:
yeah - I didn't figure, and don't care to be nosy, but we are here to help. I know some that are close to you, but I know that I am willing to help if you ever need it. Good luck though. I know some days can be hard. I have them.
and

binary visions said:

Not that there wouldn't be a lot of sympathetic ears, but some things should be left to PMs, emails, and phone conversations.

Hope you've got someone to talk things over with. Sometimes helps to get it off your chest. I've always got room in the PM box though, if you feel yourself needing to rant to a near-stranger.

Good luck, Jackson.
thanks fellers. The hardest part of all this is trying to figure out if I even have a "right" (so to speak) to be angry/unhappy with stuff, as it's very hard for me to see things from other people's perspective. Sure, I'm unhappy with how I see things, but how to those things look to other people? Know what I mean?

Anyways... now back to your regularly scheduled GMT.

J

JRB

binary visions said:

Good luck, Jackson.
That was my point, BV. I wouldn't air my huge issues either. I was just offering. I agree with your suggested areas to address them though.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:
:( Good luck dealing with everything. Whenever I have too much on my mind I can't sleep either (lead to some weird hours on the trainer in the past).

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Well, I am starting to think that this daughter of mine is more stubborn than me. I am questioning whether or not she'll ever appear! I have an appointment with the Dr. tomorrow to discuss "eviction notices" and my other options at this poing. I really hope she comes out on her own though as I don't want to be drugged and all that crap.

Weather is crappy here so that means I will get out and shovel a little again today. I am hoping it helps things along. I also managed to spin for almost a half hour yesterday without getting tired. And went up and down the stairs (both flights) 15 times before and after eating a bunch of tostitos and hot salsa, but still no baby. :think:

Now I am off to find something else to do to keep my mind off this kid not coming out.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
MMcG said:
Still no baby yet?
Nope :( I had some really strong contractions when we were out on Saturday night and really thought it might be time, but then they spaced back out and haven't gotten stronger or anything since. I am running out of patience here ;)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
SilentJ said:
How is the knee doing? It's been what? 7-8 months?
8 months now. It is definitely better than before the surgery, but it still hurts to do a lot of things. I just don't have much cartilage left in that knee. At least it isn't sharp constant pain now. I've been doing a lot of riding, and skate skiing. Now I'm going to add water running.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
TreeSaw said:
I also managed to spin for almost a half hour yesterday without getting tired. And went up and down the stairs (both flights) 15 times before and after eating a bunch of tostitos and hot salsa, but still no baby. :think:
After all that, still no baby? Maybe she doesn't like winter.

J

JRB

Have you tried jumping jacks or a jump rope??? I can just assume that should get her down. :think:

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Went to a Summer & Co-Op Networking social last night. Pretty good time, GE, Intel, EMC, Cytyc and a few other companies were present. Talked with the kid who worked at GE, as I am trying desperately to get a job at the Lynn plant this summer. Unfortunately a couple of individuals brought it upon themselves to distribute information pertaining to past lawsuits and issues concerning GE. I exchanged words with one of these individuals who it appeared was trying to turn people away from the company.

Busy week however, I have stuff to do from 6 am to 9 at night.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Heidi said:
After all that, still no baby? Maybe she doesn't like winter.
That's what I am thinking too! Today I will do more of the same and see if it helps!

loco said:
Have you tried jumping jacks or a jump rope??? I can just assume that should get her down.
That's the weird part...she is down and has been for 3 weeks. :rolleyes: I should have known any child of mine wouldn't do things the easy way ;) Might have to try some jumping jacks though just to make sure.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Heidi said:
8 months now. It is definitely better than before the surgery, but it still hurts to do a lot of things. I just don't have much cartilage left in that knee. At least it isn't sharp constant pain now. I've been doing a lot of riding, and skate skiing. Now I'm going to add water running.
That sucks. I don't have any. :( I've had my bones "scraped" since having the meniscus removed - yay for arthritis. I've never tried water running - I know regular swimming does jack sh!t for me.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning Stosh! :D

Well I finally made it to the recorder's office to pick up our marriage certificate, now I just have to wait for work to slow down enough that I can take a day off and go through the whole name changing debacle.

Hang in there Treesaw! I'm sending good baby "eviction" vibes your way! Good luck and best wishes. :)

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Westy said:
Run Away, Run Away.
They pay better than anyone else, I don't have to pay for any commuter (my dad works there), and it is right next to one of the best spots to ride in Massachusetts (Lynn Woods). Besides, its only a summer job, can't say no with incentives like that.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Hey TreeSaw, it will all happen how it has too... you are just along for a ride at this point... :)
weird as it may seam, it helped us knowing we were going to have to have a C-section no matter what... but when the water broke in the middle of the night it was a pretty big shock... :blah:

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
TreeSaw said:
That's what I am thinking too! Today I will do more of the same and see if it helps!

That's the weird part...she is down and has been for 3 weeks. :rolleyes: I should have known any child of mine wouldn't do things the easy way ;) Might have to try some jumping jacks though just to make sure.
A buddy of mine was told to have sex with his almost overdue wife...don't know if that's been suggested or not? :confused: Of course, his reaction to that suggestion was: "you mean, with her (pointing to his wife)?"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Polandspring88 said:
They pay better than anyone else, I don't have to pay for any commuter (my dad works there), and it is right next to one of the best spots to ride in Massachusetts (Lynn Woods). Besides, its only a summer job, can't say no with incentives like that.
It's a trap, youngin's like you are easily brainwashed.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
douglas said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas
I slept good but I had some wacky dream about finally getting the first date in my life.

:confused: kinda weird thing for a divorced person to say
maybe it was an arranged marriage.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
TreeSaw said:

My wife would tell you to just do the c-section. The pitocin made her contract like hell, and still couldn't push the baby out. She had a very narrow birth canal. After the spinal block, drugs, pitocin (sp?) she was miserable.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
SilentJ said:
A buddy of mine was told to have sex with his almost overdue wife...don't know if that's been suggested or not? :confused: Of course, his reaction to that suggestion was: "you mean, with her (pointing to his wife)?"
LOL! Definitely has been suggested (friends and the Dr.) and tried. :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Reactor said:
My wife would tell you to just do the c-section. The pitocin made her contract like hell, and still couldn't push the baby out. She had a very narrow birth canal. After the spinal block, drugs, pitocin (sp?) she was miserable.
That's what I have heard from virtually everyone who was induced and I definitely don't want to go that route unless I have to. :(

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Reactor said:
Same happened to my wife: induced labor all night, 2 hours of pushing, stuck baby, c-section. In our case, the baby was "over easy" (face down) and wouldn't turn.