Quantcast

GoPro HD

Hank Rearden

Chimp
Oct 8, 2009
It does do 60fps at 720p which should pretty well eliminate the problem.
No, shooting at 60fps will not eliminate the problem. In many cases higher fps/higher shutter speed merely accentuates the rolling shutter problem.

Google is your friend. Listen to Kidwoo.

BikeLuvR904

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
Oh children, why get a buick when you can get a ferrari? Ferrari=Vholdr Contour1080p. Check it out..you won't regret it! Best investment you'll ever make lol

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
also new $179 GoPro HD 960 w/ a max recording level of 960p = 1280x960 pixels (4:3), 30 fps, 12 Mbit/s data rate

The HD HERO 960 features the same professional grade 960p, 720p and 480p (WVGA) video & 5MP timelapse photo modes, and incredible sound recording system as its big brother, the original HD HERO camera.

Missing from the HD HERO 960 are 720p @ 60fps, 1080p video, and the HERO BUS expansion port in the rear of the camera that will let you take advantage of GoPro's forthcoming BacPac accessories - LCD screen & Battery Extension - both important features for filmmaking hobbyists & professional videographers that are compatible with the original HD HERO camera.
http://www.goprocamera.com/products/hd-hero-960-camera.php

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
new stuff from GoPro coming soon
Finally the LCD BacPack and Battery BacPac are due out soon

3D mount

3D camera connectors

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I got one of the very first hd's and honestly it's not very good. I see great video people post on and off road with theirs but mine doesn’t even come close. It's like the image stabilizer is not functioning. On road it’s great but let a single small bump hit and it bobs like a hooker for a tip.
I sent it in and they didn’t say it was broke or that there was nothing wrong with it, they said it was performing within expected tolerances and went as far as to suggest that I only use the P2 setting. I asked why they sold a 1080p camera that can’t be used and they just again stated that the best performance setting would be 720p.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
I got one of the very first hd's and honestly it's not very good. I see great video people post on and off road with theirs but mine doesn’t even come close. It's like the image stabilizer is not functioning.
Part of that problem might be that there isn't an image stabilizer. You need it mounted very securely, which can take some experimentation.

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
I don't have mine in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the bus port was an iPod dock connector. If this is the case, you could get a male and female breakout board and made that extension cable yourself. Just be sure to keep the distance to a minimum.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I don't have mine in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the bus port was an iPod dock connector. If this is the case, you could get a male and female breakout board and made that extension cable yourself. Just be sure to keep the distance to a minimum.
its close, but it doesnt fit.

edit: if it's on your chest too, it would make it hard to use (impossible really)

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
GoPro's 3D system is finally available. $99 for the case plus $259 for a 2nd 1080p cam
Features:
Mounting System is compatible with all GoPro accessories
3D waterproof housing is rated 180’/60m deep
Record 3D and 2D video and photo files simultaneously
Includes FREE easy-to-use 3D editing software—GoPro CineForm Studio
What’s Included:
3D Waterproof Housing
3D Waterproof Door + Skeleton Door
3D Hero Sync Cable
3D Anaglyph Glasses (3 pairs)
Helmet Front Mount
2 Flat + 2 Curved Adhesive Mounts
Assorted Mounting Hardware

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
As though editing in HD wasn't giving my old ass laptop enough of a fit... Now I can give it twice as much.

PS Thanks for the view angle tip Ih8- tried it last night, works way better in the 960 setting.

I finally sprung for a GoPro HD and got some footage yesterday - looking at three or four 300 MB files and realizing that I need to figure out the basics of video editing.

Any recommendations, comments or hints on favorite editors that run on Windows (currently XP)?

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
Not sure if it works with Vista, but I've been using adobe premiere. Not as straight0forward as using WMM but it has tons more features though I haven't really fooled with most of them. Only thing I can't figure out is how to do a simple fade-in or fade out transition.