Quantcast

Got a Flu Shot today - who else is getting one.....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
or got one?

I spend a lot of time in the hospital here at the Health Center so I figured it was the smart thing to do - and it was free.

Who else got their flu shot?

Who is pro flu shot and who's against it?

Just wondering.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
When I worked for Home Depot we got free flu shots, and I got one every year for 8 years. The past 2 years since I left the company I haven't gotten one and haven't noticed a difference. No flu for me. Or maybe I'm just lucky.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Since I am young, healthy and work around a bunch of people who not only get them, but call in sick at the drop of a hat I am going to skip it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I get it, along with my wife and 3 boys. My wife never got it until she got hit a couple winters ago with the full blown 7-day "real" flu. She said anything that might increase her odds of not repeating that was worth it............

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
I hope to get one because last year was the first time in years I hadn't gotten one, and I got laid out with the flu for an entire week twice last winter. It was not good at all.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
it's a scam. i never git them. i'd rather be sick so I can call into work....stay home and drink.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've never gotten one, and i rarely if ever get sick. last time i got sick was in ireland (so sick i didn't even watch the Pats beat carolina in the super bowl :dead: ) but before that i'd say it's close to a decade?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm getting one tomorrow. Like McG, I work for a health center and mine is free. I get one pretty much every year. Of course, I got one two years ago then got the flu a month later. :think: Goddamn does getting the flu suck.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i need one, i got the flu last year and almost died. the medicine they put me on (tamiflu) made me go crazy. i didn't sleep or eat anything for 3 days. i just stopped taking my medicine. then i started eating and sleeping again.

splat

Nam I am
I got one today. This is actually the first time I ever got one. I happen to be at teh doctors ( getting a Physical ) and the Doc said I should have one because I have Asthma. so he gave me one, how can You argue against it , when your sitting in the docs office ?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I've already had the flu, so I think I'll just as well skip the shot this year.

Kinda sucks though, I like needles and giving blood. Maybe I'm just odd like that.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
reflux said:
I've already had the flu, so I think I'll just as well skip the shot this year.

Kinda sucks though, I like needles and giving blood. Maybe I'm just odd like that.
Get it anyway. There's no guarantee that the flu you got was the one they're immunizing against - and no guarantee that you won't get the damned bug again.

I hate the flu. It should be shot. :mad:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I have never gotten one. The last time I had the flu was probaly1985.

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
pnj said:
it's a scam. i never git them. i'd rather be sick so I can call into work....stay home and drink.
No, the flu shot is so you dont get the flu, but can call in sick anyway, drink and go riding.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
or got one?

I spend a lot of time in the hospital here at the Health Center so I figured it was the smart thing to do - and it was free.

Who else got their flu shot?

Who is pro flu shot and who's against it?

Just wondering.
Got mine, got one for my kid.
Then again, we're surrounded by sick people - me at work & her at daycare.