Quantcast

Gran Turismo 4 road challenge...

do tell?? and what about jet who got 336mph???
I kept the mag that had all tricks for GT3 and there is a section to make cars fly. In the Escudo you can get like 830 mph! I'm not telling if you don't know, but the setup is special to the car. Kind of like how you can win the oval course without even playing.
I was in the Minolta Toyota. If I had one of the F1 cars, It would have been about 600mph, I'm guessing.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
oh well nevermind...my curiosity has been killed by a game glitch:(...D
no, it wasn't a flying glitch. that's how you get 20,000 mph ;) . just max the rear downforce and play with the rebound/spring rates to get the front to pop up when you hit the long straight.

i'll have to settle for my 1'14.xxx" time from above. i'm busy through sunday night from this point forward (and was busy until now, heh). the upshot is that i'm autocrossing tomorrow in my real car, looking to repeat my victory in my class from last weekend.

:banana:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
good luck....maybe you can bring back some shots of the race....D
agh. 2nd place: was ahead of the guy in first (Honda S2000, which usually is in a class above mine but not in these weird regional rules) by a solid 0.2 sec but all of my runs were dirty: 1 cone hit on each run, with a 2 seconds a pop penalty per run as a result.

no pics, but imagine this:

with these tires on in 245/35/18 size, picking up all the dirt and gravel on the road as you idle about the pits since they're so sticky...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
1:11.953

Would you like a screenie?

Suspension is key...this car is such a blast to drive cause it pins corners so well.

I'm trying to beat the time with the Caterham Fire Blade, but without downforce or the width of the Suzuki it's pretty screwed.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
ok next challenge updated. For those of you who missed a challenge, a make up race has been added.

On a side note: I'm moving for the next 3 days and internet access will be touch and go.....I'm sure if there are questions you all can agree on an answer...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
agh. 2nd place: was ahead of the guy in first (Honda S2000, which usually is in a class above mine but not in these weird regional rules) by a solid 0.2 sec but all of my runs were dirty: 1 cone hit on each run, with a 2 seconds a pop penalty per run as a result.

no pics, but imagine this:

with these tires on in 245/35/18 size, picking up all the dirt and gravel on the road as you idle about the pits since they're so sticky...

I would think an S2000 and a RX8 would be about equal playing fields no??....D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hmm..I need to find out HP/litre ratios...they can't be that far apart..or am I missing something else?....D
150 lbs difference between the two with the slight power edge to the honda. not that hard to see. the difference between A and B Stock isn't vast, of course -- it's not like Super Stock (911 GT3) and H Stock (Mini Cooper non-S).

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
150 lbs difference between the two with the slight power edge to the honda. not that hard to see. the difference between A and B Stock isn't vast, of course -- it's not like Super Stock (911 GT3) and H Stock (Mini Cooper non-S).
ah ok...D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
anyone get any times yet? my PS2 is packed up already :(...damn movers!!:D
Mercedes 300 SL Coupe '54. 277 hp during the replay. George V Paris Normal. no NOS, no downforce as per the rules...

1'17.953"

how does this stack up? anyone else have a time? and D, when are you going to post the results for the last blue-dominated hong kong round? :D

now i'm going to log a time for the makeup challenge after poring through the list of cars for a bit...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
missed race challenge. subaru impreza wagon STi Ver VI '99. 450 hp on the dot in the replay. costa di amalfi normal. no NOS, but the car does have a wing:

1'41.365"

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Mercedes 300 SL Coupe '54. 277 hp during the replay. George V Paris Normal. no NOS, no downforce as per the rules...

1'17.953"

how does this stack up? anyone else have a time? and D, when are you going to post the results for the last blue-dominated hong kong round? :D

now i'm going to log a time for the makeup challenge after poring through the list of cars for a bit...
just got my 'puter access back but I will be busy the next couple of days unpacking and all...I probably will not post results until Sunday so I can get them all at once....D

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Completely spaced this and now hammered beyond belief...

Can we xtend the dedaline or can I do the make up challenge?

You're aware there's like 4 cars from the '50s, right?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
y'all already had one contest extended where i was the sole timely entry. i vote for no extension. suck it up, princess! :D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
once the fuggin poo storm of busy pigboy ends I will dig out the PS2 and join you ugly mugs for this bizwich.

is there prizes and beer girls?
no prizes...just for fun...by the time you join though it may be over there's only 1 challenge left...D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
will mine be the lone entry in the makeup challenge as well? (makeup? hmm: l'oreal, cover girl, uh, nevermind) :clue:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
How strict are we on the "hatchback" definition?

I vote any rear door that accesses the cabin is good as long as it's not a MR car :D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
How strict are we on the "hatchback" definition?

I vote any rear door that accesses the cabin is good as long as it's not a MR car :D

no...sneaky ways of getting around the limitations...if you're not sure about what qualifies post the car and we'll go from there...I actually should have posted the car choices as "3 door hatches but it's to late now....D

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
uh no no and no...only cars that have rear hatchbacks (think vertical)...D
I found a new one that I'm not telling you about... :biggrin:

I don't know how you guys are driving but I can't get under 1:46 in the new wheels, and I'm putting down much better times than the Subi...far better driving dynamics with this car.