Quantcast

Great Idea for new Body armor

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
bizutch,

What Spyder has done is include a non-penetrable material (like a kevlar or something) over certain portions of the d3o. I wish I'd taken a picture of it at the show. I'll contact one of the Spyder guys and ask about it. It does just what you ask it to do - protect you from those sliding gravelly falls and something that might penetrate the material.

Here is a video we shot at Interbike of the d3o in action!

Yes, that's my hand. :D

edit: I must admit, though, the shovel to the head vid is really hard to beat! I love the "konk" sound it makes - it's like being in the cartoons. Next they'll be dropping a piano on his head.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Oh man. What do I need to do to find out ASAP when I can buy something? I showed the site, your post and the brittish vid to a few of my friends who suck at the internet too much to find it themselves and they all want some armor - most for bikes, one guy for paint ball and another just so he can wear it and feel invincible when drunk (probably not recomended, but whatever).

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The Spyder stuff looks nice. I wonder how well the shirt would last though. Its made of Super fabric. It is not suppose to tear or rip, but I think Id still wear something over it to protect it.

Sep 1, 2007
16 powers st BKLN NY
Very cool. We remember seeing this stuff during the last winter olympics as they were trying to make snowboard fashion beanies that doubled as helmets. This looks like a much better application.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
the goo demonstration was possibly one of the neatest things I've ever seen.

Could you imagine at a bar..."Hey, I bet I can let you punch me in the face with this goo on my face and I won't feel a thing.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
the goo demonstration was possibly one of the neatest things I've ever seen.

Could you imagine at a bar..."Hey, I bet I can let you punch me in the face with this goo on my face and I won't feel a thing.
Heck yeah, or with the beanie on - "Hey, bet i can break this bottle over my head without flinching"