Quantcast

Guess who is on the list now...

hellonasty

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
MSA
Taken from Brian Lopes web site:

At 4:30am the event finally was over and Gee Atherton I guess you could say won. The reason I say it like that is because I was winning and he took me out so bad even his brother Dan was like, "man, you have not had too good of luck with being taken out this year". He hit me so hard, straight T-boning me that it was like I got blind sided. I didn't even see him until we were both crashing. My front wheel was so bent it would not spin, so basically Gee got up and just rolled down the rest of the course.

Pretty amazing that he would pulll a move like that, especially in an event like this. I guess I will have to add Gee to my hit list of people that have one coming to them from me. It's not a good list to be on, because when and if I get the chance, there is going to be some damage done. Marossi, and Tsugg are also on this list. The lucky thing for these guys is that 99% of the time they are behind me, making it hard for me make them pay. Keep up the dirty riding you losers! If you can't make a good move, then take the lose like a man, don't be a bitch and try these kamikazi moves.

Lopes

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Sucks for Lopes... Can't stand it when racers do that!!! I remember a guy that raced Open Pro Curser in the NBL that always took people out in the first corner to try to win. A lot of guys didn't like him at all for it. The first time I raced him was at Morris Town TN NBL National. He was taking people out to make it to the main. The crowd was booing him for it. When the Main came he then tried to take me out because I was on his left side just ahead of him. I just hit my brakes right before the berm. He missed me and went straight over the berm. I didn’t win that day but I also wasn’t taken out by a Dirty Racer!!!!

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
rubbin is racing. personally i loved racing 4x and getting physical, made it much more interesting (as long as no one got hurt and id dint fall)

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Taken from Brian Lopes web site:

At 4:30am the event finally was over and Gee Atherton I guess you could say won. The reason I say it like that is because I was winning and he took me out so bad even his brother Dan was like, "man, you have not had too good of luck with being taken out this year". He hit me so hard, straight T-boning me that it was like I got blind sided. I didn't even see him until we were both crashing. My front wheel was so bent it would not spin, so basically Gee got up and just rolled down the rest of the course.

Pretty amazing that he would pulll a move like that, especially in an event like this. I guess I will have to add Gee to my hit list of people that have one coming to them from me. It's not a good list to be on, because when and if I get the chance, there is going to be some damage done. Marossi, and Tsugg are also on this list. The lucky thing for these guys is that 99% of the time they are behind me, making it hard for me make them pay. Keep up the dirty riding you losers! If you can't make a good move, then take the lose like a man, don't be a bitch and try these kamikazi moves.

Lopes

haha, maybe what lopes doesn't realize is that he is on the "list" other riders have, and he is getting some payback... probably due to his inflated ego and overall bad attitude.

posting this stuff on his personal website only makes him look like more of a fool... he should take his own advise more often, and take his own losses like a man.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
haha, maybe what lopes doesn't realize is that he is on the "list" other riders have, and he is getting some payback... probably due to his inflated ego and overall bad attitude.

posting this stuff on his personal website only makes him look like more of a fool... he should take his own advise more often, and take his own losses like a man.
If the guy wasn't disqualified for doing something against the rules then it was a fair win in my book. Suck it up princess.

This is like a guy saying he was knocked out with a cheaop shot in Ultimate Fighting. "I wasn't paying attention and that guy hit me right in the chin with his knee. It was a really lame move. He didn't really win that fight."

In8Racing

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Trying to find some skillz...
Who's the real loser...Man I hate that little bitch. What good is lifting all those weights Lopes, if you can't take a hit?

He reminds me of this guy I played hockey with - total primadonna. If you knocked him on his ass in practice, he'd throw a temper tantrum and piss and moan all night.

And Lopes, it's "take the loss" not "take the lose". Spend some of your modelling money to get an edjucashun.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
it would be nice to see a vid of it, the problem with this kind of event is that since the show is what its all about, and not to crown a winner, then sometimes competent judges are not on hand, and also sometimes the ppl in charge wont really have any incentive to do things like a rerun or DQ because it would mess with their schedule and make things harder for the film crew and what not.

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
rubbin is racing. personally i loved racing 4x and getting physical, made it much more interesting (as long as no one got hurt and id dint fall)
dexter, I remember you taking me and brendan and a whole bunch of others out during practice at angelfire when we all raced jr.x. I think there were 3 RPM riders in one heat and you managed to pile everyone up. I thought it was hilarious.

rubbin is racing. why else would there be 4 guys on the same track?

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
he looks like a tool in earth 3 when he was explaining how well steve peat did for the overall and how he was gonna kick his ass if he didn't pedal
sheet happens your a world cup level pro deal with it

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Well there is rubbing and then there is flat out trying to take people out, which has happened in the past. The problem is the official are really inconsistant in calling it. Contact is racing, T-boning is not. But who knows till anyone see vid it's anyones guess what happened.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
he looks like a tool in earth 3 when he was explaining how well steve peat did for the overall and how he was gonna kick his ass if he didn't pedal
sheet happens your a world cup level pro deal with it
You know that was a joke right? They're friends, he was refering to him winning the Fort Bill WC.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Before I make a jugement, I would love to see it on video.

Anyone actually see what happened?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
it would be nice to see a vid of it, the problem with this kind of event is that since the show is what its all about, and not to crown a winner, then sometimes competent judges are not on hand, and also sometimes the ppl in charge wont really have any incentive to do things like a rerun or DQ because it would mess with their schedule and make things harder for the film crew and what not.
Absolutely agree 100%. You guys who think T-boning in a race is cool...try it on me sometime. See how cool your skull feels when I get my hands on you. T-Boning is cowardice. Passing, bumping, rubbing, 1 footed sliders...hell, chin grinding if you're a roadie, is all well and good. T-boning in motocross is considered classless...and can damn near kill you!

I'm sure it didn't help that Lopes lost a really big paycheck b/c of the move. Losing MONEY because of a T-Bone...bad news.

You guys are just hating on the guy cause his voice sounds tiny and he's actually made ALOT of money in bikes b/c he's simply the best at what he does. Heck, I know a kid who's voice is oddball sounding and some douche hated on him once...just fricking sad! The kid is cool as heck. :happydance:

Same with Richie Schley. People get down on them b/c they hear both say "People, stop hating on me." It's true. Those guys catch so much hell because they're the guys who lucked out and cashed in our sport. They're not sellouts...they're success stories. But people not in their position envy them and hate on them for no better reason.

Hell, I'm not even pro and I get hated on b/c I'm faster than some guy I've never met who races sport class. All because my bike and clothes are matching??? Geez.

And like some of you pointed out....it's in an "XTREME" underground race. No official is gonna call it if a dirty move is pulled. Now, if the officials tell the racers in advance "This is a no holds barred event. Anything goes." I can understand the T-Bone since it's rollerball on bikes at that point.:cheers:

In8Racing

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
My judgement of Lopes is based on several observations over a period of years - not just this instance. Example - bitching to the entire planet about the Alpine Valley Mtn. X course. Totally unprofessional.

Even if he was a sport racer making no money, and pulled the same BS piss and moan antics, I'd still think he was a tool.

I just have a sore spot for crybabies and excuse generators - regardless of their level of success. I can respect the fact that he was able to cash in on biking, but as a personality - he's a douche.

As for the contact - #@!$ happens. Who's to say it wasn't an accident? What if Lopes cut in hard and GA didn't back off? Who's wrong? GA for not yielding to the princess?

BS - fight for the line. If you T bone me and take me out - I wasn't fast enough or strong enough. Congratulations.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
i have a feeling Lopes uses the term T-bone pretty liberally. maybe he was taken out, but he's sounding like the boy who cried wolf after so many years carting his attitude around.

that's why i always liked Nico; all business and no drama, the boy just got the job done and kept his mouth shut.

true, 99% of the time those guys are behind him. but they're all chasing Prokop for 2nd.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
My judgement of Lopes is based on several observations over a period of years - not just this instance. Example - bitching to the entire planet about the Alpine Valley Mtn. X course. Totally unprofessional.

Even if he was a sport racer making no money, and pulled the same BS piss and moan antics, I'd still think he was a tool.

I just have a sore spot for crybabies and excuse generators - regardless of their level of success. I can respect the fact that he was able to cash in on biking, but as a personality - he's a douche.

As for the contact - #@!$ happens. Who's to say it wasn't an accident? What if Lopes cut in hard and GA didn't back off? Who's wrong? GA for not yielding to the princess?

BS - fight for the line. If you T bone me and take me out - I wasn't fast enough or strong enough. Congratulations.

well stated good sir.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Obscure Reference:
Karim Amour taking out Mike King in WC dual in Transcontinental.
He did that all day long on that course, it was in Kaprun i think.

As for the winning, so what? Name me a sport were someone at some time isn't pitching a fit about something. Sometimes they are right and sometimes they are wrong, who cares. At least he's not out getitng in fights after the race like the NASCAR boys.

As for the WI track i seem to recall a few more people than just lopes bitching about it.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
Translation:
Text under first pic:" the turn that gee took was almost a U-turn, hence a collition was inminent"
Text under second pic:" Brian closed his line too much to take the next section first"
Text under third picture:" the crash was spectacular and brian got his wheel bend and couldn t keep on racing"

benno

Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
No matter who's at fault, spouting **** like that should see any his sponsorship pulled.

Dickhead.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
No matter who's at fault, spouting **** like that should see any his sponsorship pulled.

Dickhead.
no way, this sort of thing is way better. We want rivalries to form, threats to be made. Then pretty soon it'll blow up just like WWF.

Think of it, halfway through the next urban race between Gee and Lopes, EC will bust through the ceiling tiles suspended from a rope, land on Lopes and then beat him over the head with a nearby folding chair all because of a seceret alliance Gee and EC formed before the race. It'll be awesome.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I don't really have an oppinion one way or another on Lopes, but I don't know how it is possible from photos #1&2 to not "see him coming until we were both crashing"

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO

Hard to tell from this image who might be at fault. Looks more like a straight up collision than a T bone, though.

It actually looks like Gee gained a slight advantage by cutting the corner tight, which would have put him in Lopes' sight. It does not look like he was blindsided. If anything it looks like Lopes saw that he could get passed or was getting passed and he just tried to ride right through Gee.

In8Racing

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Think of it, halfway through the next urban race between Gee and Lopes, EC will bust through the ceiling tiles suspended from a rope, land on Lopes and then beat him over the head with a nearby folding chair all because of a seceret alliance Gee and EC formed before the race. It'll be awesome.
YES! That would be truly awesome.

Nice avatar too, by the way. Brian lover.:cupidarrow:

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
It's hard to say from the pics, lopes may have seen him he may have not, i'm guessing from the vid, even if he did he couldn't have not hit him, it's a tight space and they are moving pretty quick.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I don't really have an oppinion one way or another on Lopes, but I don't know how it is possible from photos #1&2 to not "see him coming until we were both crashing"
ever see Lopes take a turn in person? I'd say by the time Gee was even in the frame of the pic they were hitting.

Now that I see the pic, I'd say that the biggest issue is there is no marker to force you to hit the berm. Obviously the berm is the fastest way to go and the exit ramp is the direction you want to be heading. It looks like Gee took advantage of a poorly marked off course and just said the hell with the berm...I'll just beat him to the coke machine. Who cares if the course goes the other way...:happydance: