Quantcast

Guess who is on the list now...

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Everybody has a "list", just not always public knowledge I guess?

I'm sure I've been on a few, plus I've had my own lists, but that's what makes racing good. Friends off the track , enemies on.

I just tend to keep it to myself a little more than BL. BL has always been a little more outspoken than the rest of us.

It all ends up working out in the end, at least that's my theory?!?

I personally think that as a whole the 4X MTB pro scene is pretty nice to each other, and could use a few rivalries to spice things up!

We'll see in 2007?

Big HOuse
YUP,
YOUR ON MY HIT LIST CHAMP, PLUS I OWE YOU ONE FOR BEATING ME AT PING PONG
YOUR GOING DOWN!

In8Racing

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Trying to find some skillz...
I think the difference has just been illustrated by Rich and Eric - professional responses to a situation people are aware exists (incidental vs. coincidental contact and vedettas).

All I think of when I read Lopes' bit, is Mike Tyson talking about how he's going to eat Lennox Lewis' children...

Edit: Slight thread derail, but I finally caught the Fundamentals vid - excellent presentation of cornering set up by EC! I heard the Lopes cornering tips were cut out, when he started with "First I like to adjust my cool shades, and check the names on my list..." - just kidding.

caballero

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
good ol' europe
watch marosi's move at worlds an tschugg's move at fortbill and you may understand thrash talkin' lopes !

he should not talk like that on his site but in some situations this sports definetely needs some rules ... but i think it's nearly impossible to create fair rules...so keep up

so keep up the dirty riding you losers :biggrin: :biggrin:

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
BC VaN:

I thought you were going to say the one in japan where I bumped you off the first jump!?!?

Remember?
SEE, NOW IT"S REALLY ON! haha
you did elbow me hard in the azz on the way up the lip, and i was pissed, but that was what 7 years ago, I got better things to do then worry about stuff like that

richhouseman

Chimp
Feb 20, 2002
Temecula
Yeah I sort of forget how it went down...all I know is that I was about to stop and see if you were alright! hahaha!

I think our bars tangled up the lip? Wall jump right?

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Yeah I sort of forget how it went down...all I know is that I was about to stop and see if you were alright! hahaha!

I think our bars tangled up the lip? Wall jump right?
no, you freaking t-boned me! haha
it was a stall wall and i slowed a bit more then you up the face and you just used your momentium to lift me off my bike and over the bars.
i can remember being stunned on the deck thining i can't believe house just punted me.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
I can't beleive this is such a big deal...who gives a crap....so lopes is outspoken on his website....he likes to talk, some guys like to show off, some don't....it would be boring as hell if everyone acted the same way....it's the same in any sport....at least guys aren't getting into fights like most sports....so they vent...big deal.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
I can't beleive this is such a big deal...who gives a crap....so lopes is outspoken on his website....he likes to talk, some guys like to show off, some don't....it would be boring as hell if everyone acted the same way....it's the same in any sport....at least guys aren't getting into fights like most sports....so they vent...big deal.
Come on Zutroy, don't put an end to the fun.
Can some one find the rock Stik is hiding under? I’m sure he will have some good comments for ya'll.
Truth be told I gotta say Zutroy is right on 2 issue’s 1 we all loved Palmer being outspoken and creating controversy , 2 it’s really not a big deal, I can understand as fans some might not like BL just as some might not like Myself, and venting stuff like that is not very professional, but people are just different and in the grand scheme it is kinda small…..
now keep torching on so I can laugh some more!

richhouseman

Chimp
Feb 20, 2002
Temecula
I do remember a pretty hard slam BL gave me in Bromont that one year. He hurt his ankle in practice, and I wupped him out of the gate! hahaha!

He came inside of me in the 3rd or 4th turn and gave me a pretty good shot! I saved it though! Good racing.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
EC didn't you send BL to the deck in Kaprun one year in Duel for the in? I remember it being a clean pass, but he wasn't happy with ya...if i remember right...

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
I do remember a pretty hard slam BL gave me in Bromont that one year. He hurt his ankle in practice, and I wupped him out of the gate! hahaha!

He came inside of me in the 3rd or 4th turn and gave me a pretty good shot! I saved it though! Good racing.
it's kinda hard to move the BIIIIIGGGGGG HOUSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I think it would neat for someone to cut and paste together a video montage ONLY of "attempted" passes by Bootes and Deldyke way back when Duel was first introduced....and find old posts off www.stiksandstones.com and post them as play by play from Stikman. You wanna see some hard hits and some whiny posts...

Then the second video could be of you, BC, doing the good old "EC Brake Check". Don't think I didn't see how you checked up poor Del Bosco at the finals of the Jeep KOM on NBC...they even showed it again later. Poor boy almost visor grinded to keep from rear ending you. You're the most intelligent racer heads up...evah!!!

Oh...the 3rd vid could be of Big House's crashes from having his front wheel taken out. Since they'd ahve to be stout fokkers, there probably aren't many of you getting "nudged"..heh...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
We could all bang bars at the Fontucki 4X????
isn't ther a video of your last race there?:clue:

Houseman breezed through the rounds, but then things got a little too interesting in the final. Riding in third place, he tried to pass Garrick Anderson over a double. "Garrick took off crooked, and when he landed he put his foot on my rim and tire. My rim folded in half. I didn't even know I was crashing, so I didn't even get a hand down."

Houseman wound up in fourth place with a huge cut in his hip that kept him in the hospital until 2 a.m. "When I woke up Sunday, it felt like a train hit me. I haven't slammed that hard in years." he said. "So I decided to skip downhill."

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
EC didn't you send BL to the deck in Kaprun one year in Duel for the in? I remember it being a clean pass, but he wasn't happy with ya...if i remember right...
yeah, I cut way outside of the normal line and then squared across his line...it was a big long bending downhill style turn and I just cut it short in front of Brian he either had to brake or go down and he wasn't shutting it down.

He was mad at me, Brian like all of us get mad when you cut someone's momentum like that, especially when you goes down...

but I was running semi parallel to him versus some of his most recent run conflicts with his list guys!

Brian and I have cut each other off so many times its crazy, and we both know that the next race who ever doesn’t get the start is getting cut off.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
BC Van:

Didn't you nail Marosi once? he didn't crash but just got stood up and went off the course?

Duel?

I don't really remember nailing him...I do remember drilling Deldyke in France, first year of duel....I was behind and just went in way to hot and couldn't slow down....I swore I broke his ribs....it was such a violent crack, and I was skidding!

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
This is some funny shizz. I respect Lopes' skills and his record and all but posting publicly about a hit list is just stupid. Sure it's just posturing but not very bright. He sounds like an ass and if there is a questionable move in a race someday, he should not get the benefit of the doubt.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This is some funny shizz. I respect Lopes' skills and his record and all but posting publicly about a hit list is just stupid. Sure it's just posturing but not very bright. He sounds like an ass and if there is a questionable move in a race someday, he should not get the benefit of the doubt.
You're currently on mine.

Just sayin.

So while we've got have the top norba guys here, how many lists you think chris powell is on?:biggrin:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
You're currently on mine.

Just sayin.

So while we've got have the top norba guys here, how many lists you think chris powell is on?:biggrin:
Oh really tough guy? Too bad you'll have the same problem as Lopes, always being out front and all. You'll have to lap me or something.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Actually the best hit i've ever seen was Mike King taking out Scott Hart in a duel race, Scott pushed his way in, in one corner, MK rammed him in the next one, sent little Scottie flying. It was a staright up T-bone you could see mike looking exactly where he wanted to ram scott.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Actually the best hit i've ever seen was Mike King taking out Scott Hart in a duel race, Scott pushed his way in, in one corner, MK rammed him in the next one, sent little Scottie flying. It was a staright up T-bone you could see mike looking exactly where he wanted to ram scott.

poor scott got blown over that berm!

i used to have that somewhere........dh crashes.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
Another tight one from this year. Mt St Anne UCI
The flag/gate was down after they passed by.

Back to your last post, that picture is from Sonoma and it was closer then I would have liked but exciting for the fans....we had a drag race to the line and 5 more feet and he gets me, that was a drag race for a fair bit of cash between us and my legs were locked...it was everything I had to hold on.

This picture is of Guido and as you can see he isn't afraid to make room for himself, which has gotten himself on the now infamous "HIT LIST" some riders are referring to him as the new Karem.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Another tight one from this year. Mt St Anne UCI
The flag/gate was down after they passed by.
Hey what do you know its Mr. Tsugg getting all agro inside and making room for himself again.

I was actually in the heat with those guys right before that one. Will was on that night, its too bad Guido took him out later on otherwise he would have been in the finals. Then I think Guido took Will out again at World Champs, he was looking fast on that night as well.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
BC VAN:
As far as the whole vendeta/ hit list deal in public, everyone has a different approach i guess, thats BL's way of letting those guys know he won't tolerate it....thats as far as i'm going on that.
Heh - understood. I was tryin' to be under the radar in addressing that to you, but I guess since everyone here knows who you are...:biggrin:

I remember a conversation I had with Orlando at the U.S. Open 2 years ago at Lars's tent where he was talking about an incident that happened with he and Pistol. Similar circumstances, but Pistol wound up wrecking... and that was after Pistol was trying to be "polite" about passing.:biggrin: