Quantcast

Guitar related. Lespaul vs Strat (HSS).

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
sounds like the lp style is more suited just based on your music. I mean page had one, clapton played an sg when he was in cream, toni iommi sg as well, hetfield plays an x-plorer if i'm not mistaken. I mean they are all gibsons and despite the model gibsons and fenders deffinately have different sounds. So it would seem a lp type guitar would fit you better. Have you played all of the ones you are interested in, and how did they feel. I know I like my strat because of the slim neck on my particular model. To me fit and look are just as important as sound, because if its not comfortable to play and you don't like the look you probably won't play it that much even if it sounds great.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
I am off now to the music shop to play the Tokai LP.

To be honest, i was used to my strat, then moved to my SG for summer for 2 months, initially i hated her, now i am so used to the SG type that i hate the strat almost :D. Anyhow i ll check the LP out.

All in all, the Tokai MIJ LP in quilted maple top, is the same price as the US Strat with HSS minus case.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
As Gumba said, fit is probably the most important thing out there. Sound can be manipulated and parts can be changed, but feel has to come first.

That being said, I like the feel of a nice beefy LP over the feel of a Strat. But then again, I also like the feel of the Telecaster as well.