Quantcast

Hafjell (NOR) 2013 World Cup #5

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Geek stats are up: http://dirt.mpora.com/news/geek-stats-2013-hafjell-world-cup.html

Smith fastest in Sectors 1 and 2, third in last sector. Last sector is closest to Leogang no? Some wide-open and some technical gnar... so it should be a good representation of the Leogang presumably? If that's the case, then we could see another solid result from Blenki, Smith and Hart.... and possibly even Minnaar... Not that I'd ever count Gee out...
For next year I wish the broadcast better showed the time. Wish we could see their time live the whole way down and the the best time posted in the sections.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
For next year I wish the broadcast better showed the time. Wish we could see their time live the whole way down and the the best time posted in the sections.
I have mixed feelings about this. Quite often during the broadcast I was annoyed that I couldn't see the time... but when I CAN see the time, I find myself second-guessing the splits. "Ahh so-and-so was 2:01 by that tree, this guy's on 2:03, rubbish! boo! next!" I actually find myself actively trying NOT to notice the time at specific sections, so that I can have the anticipation of the split times :)

El Zilcho

Chimp
Aug 27, 2009
NSW, Australia
I have mixed feelings about this. Quite often during the broadcast I was annoyed that I couldn't see the time... but when I CAN see the time, I find myself second-guessing the splits. "Ahh so-and-so was 2:01 by that tree, this guy's on 2:03, rubbish! boo! next!" I actually find myself actively trying NOT to notice the time at specific sections, so that I can have the anticipation of the split times :)
Seconded. IMO, one of the most exciting things about watching the WCs is the anticipation of the split times, and the big blow up when it goes green.