Quantcast

haha... prom is on the 6th of may......

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
well my girlfriend was looking at my norba schedule and she looked at me and said "so what are you going to choose?" i was like "what?"
she handed me the paper and it said norba #1 is may 5th- 7th. IN FONTANA! so i was like ****. now i gotta figure out which on i want more race or ............dancing. seems like an easy choice but the consequences of each are rather unsettling. :help: i get stuck in some very retarded situations :rofl:

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Opeth said:
Proms are overrated.
i know, but we've been dating for like 4 years, and if she hasn't run away screaming yet, she never will, and this choice wil haunt me forever either way. because even if i go to prom instead of the race it'll suck and won't be as good as going to cali for a race. but if i go to the race, well you guys know what will happen then. her- ":mumble: :redhot: " me- :dead:

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
SkaredShtles said:
This is an easy choice. And a good test for your girlfriend. Proms are lame. What's more important to her - your happiness or her being seen at the prom?

Turn the tables, man.... turn the tables.

you are a genius....thank you.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Dirtjumper999 said:
i know, but we've been dating for like 4 years, and if she hasn't run away screaming yet, she never will, and this choice wil haunt me forever either way. because even if i go to prom instead of the race it'll suck and won't be as good as going to cali for a race. but if i go to the race, well you guys know what will happen then. her- ":mumble: :redhot: " me- :dead:
If by some miracle you manage to go somewhere other than splitsville with this girl.... you will figure out a way to screw up worse in the future so that this goes away. Or you'll just hear about it forever.... you get used to it eventually.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
SkaredShtles said:
This is an easy choice. And a good test for your girlfriend. Proms are lame. What's more important to her - your happiness or her being seen at the prom?

i dunno man...girls get all sappy about proms...like weddings...
she gets 1...maybe 2 in her life...junior/senior prom...
how many races do you get a year? and how many years can you race?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
SkaredShtles said:

Yeah man, always put your own wants and desires before your woman's. It's the key to a happy, long term relationship. Who cares if she would really like to go to the prom? :thumb:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Another option would be to go do the Norba, take her with you and go somewhere for a really nice dinner or something that would be more classy than a prom.

J

JRB

It's simple - plan on both and give her ex-lax filled brownies and head to the race.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
proms are awesome! its the greatest experience of your life, and you will NEVER forget it! proms are so much fun, and a very spiritual and a highly emotional event to remember all the good times youve shared with the people you loved, many of which you will never see again.

that being said, go to the race.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
Yeah man, always put your own wants and desires before your woman's. It's the key to a happy, long term relationship. Who cares if she would really like to go to the prom? :thumb:
No kidding. :rolleyes:

This seems like a simple decision. Races are a dime a dozen, you can always go to another race.

If the prom is something that's sincerely important to her, then just go to a race some other weekend. If you were racing pro and this would screw your season, well, that's one thing. But it's just one race out of dozens, year after year after year. Prom happens once or twice.

I had a great time at both the proms I attended. It is what you make it.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
norco-freerider said:
proms are awesome! its the greatest experience of your life, and you will NEVER forget it! proms are so much fun, and a very spiritual and a highly emotional event to remember all the good times youve shared with the people you loved, many of which you will never see again.

that being said, go to the race.

I know, look at how happy you look!

J

JRB

binary visions said:
<snip>

I had a great time at both the proms I attended. It is what you make it.
When was it that you and Jenn went to that prom???

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco said:
When was it that you and Jenn went to that prom???
Nope, never went to a prom with Jenn - we didn't start dating until long after high school.

The first prom I went to, I went with a girlfriend and did the whole fancy dinner, limo, tux, flowers, formal pictures thing (read: expensive). The second prom I went to, I went with a big group of friends, we dressed semi-casually (just button down shirts, nice pants and ties), had a pot luck dinner before and camped out at my house afterwards. So I pretty much did opposite ends of the spectrum and had a great time at both - as I said, it is what you make of it :thumb:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Prom issues aside, why would you travel from NC to Fontana, CA for that National with no lift? Seems strange.
Aren't you a young teen whose parents do not support your racing?
Were you REALLY planning to go to this race at all?
Just curious.

J

JRB

antimony said:
Well, even without BV I enjoyed both of my proms a ton. I vote go to the prom, and have fun! :weee:
What the flip was that pic from then???

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
SkaredShtles said:
Did you..... <ahem>..... "get some?" :sneaky:
Not so much. The guy I was dating at the time was pretty much asexual. Better off though, cause he wasn't a very good lay anyway. I would rather remember my prom as having no lay than a crappy one. I just had so much fun with all my friends at the proms... and I love dancing!

J

JRB

antimony said:
Not so much. The guy I was dating at the time was pretty much asexual. Better off though, cause he wasn't a very good lay anyway. I would rather remember my prom as having no lay than a crappy one. I just had so much fun with all my friends at the proms... and I love dancing!
No offense meant here, but your prom story sucks.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
ok seriously. coming from someone who races fontana regularly. go to prom. fontana is a fun place for local races. but a national? no. alot of people from socal arent even going because they know how much of a bitch everythings gonna be

J

JRB

binary visions said:
You've got zero prom story, what's your excuse? ;)

The picture was from a Christmas party this past Christmas :)
Both proms I went to were so uneventful that I don't really recall either one. I did have a funny time with a chick that got really drunk at a senior girls dance. It involved lots of wine and beer, a fur coat and lots of sprinklers on a golf course. The country club folks weren't incredibly amused when we went back inside. We were though.

Edit - Holy sh*t - I just realized that I read "this past Christmas". :think:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dirtjumper999 said:
You have been dating the same chick in high school for 4 years? Are you insane? I didn't date the same chick in high school for 4 months! You are WAY too young to be in a commited relationship, you are missing out on some of the best things in life.

You should never put a high school relationship before ANYTHING. Prom is cool, but if you miss it, no big loss. But I guess the same could be saif for the first race, but there will be another race next year and going to prom after you have graduated is sort of creepy.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
even though I am a girl (last I checked)

I never saw the importance of prom.

Why exactly is prom so significant?

It's like weddings to some women, they want the big dress and the party (but totally forget why exactly they are there and have hissy fits over flowers).

The prom is an occasion to dress up and have fun.

Why not dress up and have fun some other time?
Go someplace you want to go (instead of the high school gym), go to a restaurant that you deem worthy, rent a limo if you so desire.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
My good prom story...Senior year I was dating a girl. She hadn't been very nice to me lately (I won't get into the details, they are too fvcked up) so I dumped her about 2 weeks before prom. She was not too pleased as she had already bought a dress and all that, but hey, her fault not mine. So anyway, I took her then best friend to my prom, who went with me willingly and because she wanted to. Right before we went the ex-girlfriend texts me saying she is going to kill herself and calls up my date and yells at her for going with me. Awesome way to start the night, but I ended up having an awesome time, and it was the sweetest, most deserved revenge ever. I ended up dating prom date too, so that made things even better.