Quantcast

hahahaha I told you so

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved

May want to put a weight limit on it...

Can I get mine engraved "gonna make you squeel like a pig boy!" And a banjo solo soundtrack for when it breaks....
Break in forward position I loose my asshole, back position and it skewers my balls....

There's a whole new element to freeride...not as if gravity and the hard ground didn't make it exciting enough...like a sequel to gravity and ground...
"BIKING" this time it's personal!!!!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
And unless you make your bike magically one size bigger or put on a goofy 120mm stem, you still won't have the reach you need. But dammit, you'll have that fashionable seat tube angle...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think I'd rather put those $118 towards a properly fitting bike.

But I guess it will work for some people in some situations.

It's 2021's version of the adult riding a kid's BMX with the bars rotated forward down the wrong side of a busy highway.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
When I saw the first pic, I was like - They have the offset in the wrong direction :)

For tall guys with very steep/modern STA, a set back is useful (IMO Especially if you have sensitive knees). That's the reason I went with 9point8 droppers for a long time. They were the only ones offering the set back option. Now that I have bought a couple new bikes with no offset option, it's not the end of the world, but I'd still prefer to have the offset option. I also don't put on as many miles as I used to...so there's that. But I do love my AXS Reverb. And notice how this company isn't offering that as an option....

I still think it's a pretty cool invention. Who was it on this site that made his own front offset by using another seatpost? Kinda solves for that...@sandwich is that you?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Just a thought:

Offset on regular post that I think is OK...
On a dropper post I see too much lateral load from not being directly ontop...it's already got that bad load not 100% colum....just from seat tube angle, this just magnifies it... the bushings or sleeves in lower with it fully extended will also see an increase in leverage ....centered mounts already get play and a saddle moved all the way front or rear increases load too...unless you plan on keeping saddle centered it would just add more offset with saddle pushed to max and offset setting you back/forward even more..

Be curious to see how long it goes till they develope even more play or have failures internally or shaft....don't think they will break off (can they yeah, will they I don't think so)..

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
First I thought about reduced Reach but then, and more important, I though about position over the pedals when seated and pedaling. Something seat rails help fine tune, assuming bike fit is right. Maybe a niche product?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
When I saw the first pic, I was like - They have the offset in the wrong direction :)

For tall guys with very steep/modern STA, a set back is useful (IMO Especially if you have sensitive knees). That's the reason I went with 9point8 droppers for a long time. They were the only ones offering the set back option. Now that I have bought a couple new bikes with no offset option, it's not the end of the world, but I'd still prefer to have the offset option. I also don't put on as many miles as I used to...so there's that. But I do love my AXS Reverb. And notice how this company isn't offering that as an option....

I still think it's a pretty cool invention. Who was it on this site that made his own front offset by using another seatpost? Kinda solves for that...@sandwich is that you?
It was… the evil had a really slack seat angle. I’m order to get the saddle setback to bb distance the same as my specialized enduro, I had to run the post backwards for negative offset. Eventually I settled on a Thomson post in reverse with a fizik thar saddle which gave me the same offset but much less dorky looking. Then I bought a bike that somebody had designed correctly and I now run a normal saddle and post.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Those are OLD SCHOOL and great shape....

What the hell $710 bid 6 bids ..in this economy i don't know if it's real or guy is bidding his stuff up...based on bike prices lol could be real...

Man that's funny...gonna have to watch that just to see...
you should see what BMW shinburger pedals and super monster forks are going for

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Ah, that's why I still have my '99 DHS Mono... and what about the '06 Glory? Too young, eh?

But yes, I'm still dreaming about Group B

Feb 21, 2020
SoCo Western Slope
There are so many people slurping that stuff up!

When we moved I put an old (from the mid 1990's) Fisher marlin full rigid bike up for sale on FB marketplace. It was a full on turd, super crappy v-brakes, Shimano Alivio 7 speed w/ grip shift, maybe cost $300 when new. I got it from someone in our neighborhood that put it in the street with a free sign on it.

Some dude hit me up at 9pm and drove 2 hours to get it that night. Wanted to make sure no one else was going to snag it. ..for $250! I had it listed for $200. He was going on and on about his facebook group and old bike collection with Bontragers (pronounced bunraggers) and those Manitou aluminum hardtails that cracked when you looked at them. I could tell the guy didn't even ride, just collected old bikes.

It's a crazy world these days.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
There are so many people slurping that stuff up!

When we moved I put an old (from the mid 1990's) Fisher marlin full rigid bike up for sale on FB marketplace. It was a full on turd, super crappy v-brakes, Shimano Alivio 7 speed w/ grip shift, maybe cost $300 when new. I got it from someone in our neighborhood that put it in the street with a free sign on it.

Some dude hit me up at 9pm and drove 2 hours to get it that night. Wanted to make sure no one else was going to snag it. ..for $250! I had it listed for $200. He was going on and on about his facebook group and old bike collection with Bontragers (pronounced bunraggers) and those Manitou aluminum hardtails that cracked when you looked at them. I could tell the guy didn't even ride, just collected old bikes.

It's a crazy world these days.
Weird. Wonder if he even knew what he was buying.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
First I thought about reduced Reach but then, and more important, I though about position over the pedals when seated and pedaling. Something seat rails help fine tune, assuming bike fit is right. Maybe a niche product?
yes, this is all about being able to fine tune your fit on the bike to be correct or optimal. Many manufacturers have figured this out with steeper or even normal seat angles. Some slackers (Evil) are still designing geometry around what looks cool. This is 100% a bandaid, but if you want a crispy single pivot with a great shock linkage, then you may be limited...this might be able to help. I just think it's hilarious somebody actually built the thing...

Cerberus75

Monkey
Feb 18, 2017
I see this and see one more reason a Reverb to fail. It's got to put a lot more side load when lowering.