Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Mornin'. Nothing exciting going on here. Got the next four days off though. Spending the day with my daughter tomorrow, taking her to a party for the book club she's in and then probably out for lunch. Then Friday morning headed up to Mt. Snow for the weekend! Can't wait! :D

Doug, when are you headed up there? Are you staying somewhere?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
I have an EA 50 on My rocky Mt. and so far it has treated me well, No Complaints
I noticed I have my seat pretty far back, the leverage and my big fat a$$ combined with the slight jump I did combined for failure.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
bluebug32 said:
Glad you're coming up! :) Should be a fun weekend
Hoping to do some fun stuff without busting my balls. Still looking for a place to stay. Not sure if friends are coming with me or if I'm flying solo.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Crazy Sweeper said:
Hoping to do some fun stuff without busting my balls. Still looking for a place to stay. Not sure if friends are coming with me or if I'm flying solo.

everybody doing the sept 10 stewart ride, should go to this the next day

enter the 1st timers race, or just hang out

Fourth Annual Masters of the Mountains Cross-Country Mountain Bike Racing
Series 2005 Race 3
LINK

Riedlbauer's Resort
Round Top, New York
Date: September 11, 2004
Course: Same great terrain as before, but without the huge lake in the middle of the course. The racecourse will be different from last year as we mix it up in the mostly pine forest singletrack. A panoramic view of the mountains, and wonderful, pastoral setting, should make for a great season finale. Food and drink on site. Kid’s race at noon.

In addition to the great venues and racing this year, we are also happy to have Chris Clark, of Mongoose bicycles, performing his professional stunt show, at the season finale. Chris Clark is one of the three members of the Mongoose/Hyundai professional Mountain Bike Team. He has traveled the world competing and performing his amazing stunt shows at venues like The Vans Warped Tour, The Gravity Games, Times Square New York, and even at the Olympic Games! Chris' 10 to 15 minute shows are an amazing display of balance, guts, and agility as he hops, wheelies, and jumps across his custom obstacle course. Chris will be on hand after each show to sign autographs, answer questions, and hand out free merchandise.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
stosh said:
I noticed I have my seat pretty far back, the leverage and my big fat a$$ combined with the slight jump I did combined for failure.
Chalk it up to being a one-bolt clamp instead of a two-bolt issue instead. Easton makes great products, and I run the stem/bar combo on my own bike......but the seatpost line I stay away from just because thay lack a two-bolt system. That's not to say that people can't run a one-bolt and not ever have a problem. It's just that I've broken two one-bolt clamp posts in the last two years and since I've made the switch, not even a creaky sound from down there unless I make it myself. :o:

Try the Azonic HD post. Universal Cycles rocks them at $35 and they usually carry a large amount of sizes. If they don't happen to have your size, just get the standard 27.2 and shim up to what you need. Cane Creek Components carry a TON of shims and since they're East Coast, they'll have it to ya in no time with you being in Noo Yawk and all.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Polandspring88 said:
The end of a relationship which I had poured everything I had into it. I am still feeling the after effects of it. I just do not know what to do.
ride, then watch the news or read the news paper, then get together with some friends. Riding will burn off some of the negativity you're swimming in at the moment... the news/news paper will put it into perspective... friends will show you that you still have good people in your life who are important to you.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Polandspring88 said:
The end of a relationship which I had poured everything I had into it. I am still feeling the after effects of it. I just do not know what to do.
Drink? Party? Go nail her best friend?

Nah, just hang in there. You'll get over it eventually. In the meantime, find something to fill your time. Like....build yourself a road bike or something. Just try not to dwell on it.

Edit:

DAMNIT JACKSON YOU BEAT ME TO IT!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Polandspring88 said:

dude, what are you like 19 years old??

what to do: there are tons and tons of single hot chicks in your age range, go out & meet/pick up one, or two.......three if you can handle it

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Polandspring88 said:

So, I'm guessing it didn't work out in the end with the first girl? What about the second one?

You're smart...always have a backup ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Greyhound said:
Chalk it up to being a one-bolt clamp instead of a two-bolt issue instead. Easton makes great products, and I run the stem/bar combo on my own bike......but the seatpost line I stay away from just because thay lack a two-bolt system. That's not to say that people can't run a one-bolt and not ever have a problem. It's just that I've broken two one-bolt clamp posts in the last two years and since I've made the switch, not even a creaky sound from down there unless I make it myself. :o:

Try the Azonic HD post. Universal Cycles rocks them at $35 and they usually carry a large amount of sizes. If they don't happen to have your size, just get the standard 27.2 and shim up to what you need. Cane Creek Components carry a TON of shims and since they're East Coast, they'll have it to ya in no time with you being in Noo Yawk and all.
Good suggestion man!! I'll look into it.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
bluebug32 said:
So, I'm guessing it didn't work out in the end with the first girl? What about the second one?

You're smart...always have a backup ;)

good point, wasnt it just 2 weeks ago he was chosing between 2 girls ?

key word "2 WEEKS" :rolleyes:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
Polandspring88 said:
a wise man once said bitches ain't sh!t but hoes and tricks

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
douglas said:
about 60 miles north (which is further than I thought)

TWY/87 up to exit 20, then rt 32 to rt 23 then some back roads
doesn't sound too bad. You going? Isn't it customary to preride a course before a race? How is the terrain at this place? How would it be for a real first time race?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
douglas said:
about 60 miles north (which is further than I thought)

TWY/87 up to exit 20, then rt 32 to rt 23 then some back roads
Sounds like fun. I've actually never been to a mountain bike race. I wish it were just a little closer. Let me know if there's anything happening closer to home and I'd love to come and check it out. I know Overlook (my LBS) is putting on a race soon. I'll probably stop by.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Crazy Sweeper said:
doesn't sound too bad. You going? Isn't it customary to preride a course before a race? How is the terrain at this place? How would it be for a real first time race?
We could have a :monkey: road trip up there after Stewart. I want to watch you fall and smack your balls again! hehe
:evil:

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
not that it would really affect me anyway. I'll be out of the navy before any real effects would be felt.

Apparently the president could still put it back on there, because it was on their before they went to congress. My buddy saw it on C-SPAN at home and said some General and Admiral got up and basically said that it should be the last naval base on the east coast to get closed.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Crazy Sweeper said:

I will be there.

I would reccomend preriding the course, some people dont bother......if you get there early enough you can do a easy/slow preride the morning of, or at least the 1st mile or 2.....

last year was tough because the week prior it rained and rained and rained some more, as long as that doesnt happen the course should be a fun one, if you can ride the smba trails as well as you did you will have no problems with the course.....DO IT!!!

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
douglas said:
I will be there.

I would reccomend preriding the course, some people dont bother......if you get there early enough you can do a easy/slow preride the morning of, or at least the 1st mile or 2.....

last year was tough because the week prior it rained and rained and rained some more, as long as that doesnt happen the course should be a fun one, if you can ride the smba trails as well as you did you will have no problems with the course.....DO IT!!!
I just might do it. Think I might actually be ready for my first race.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
so stosh, how many are going to stewart on the 10th now?

Douglas, when are you preriding for the race?
Don't know.. I'll tell ya the day before.