Quantcast

~~Happy Humpday Morning!!~~

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How is everybody today?

I had a pretty sweet ride last night, I can really see my endurance increasing on every ride. It was a touch chilly last night but we squeezed a ride in. I'll be posting a few pics in the RR forum.

Hope ya all have a great day!

phil

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Dam I thought that was your truck when i got back to mine,Yea it was a good ride last nite,Fast as hell.We will have to hook up soon how about thurs.nite around 5:30 ?

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Need that first paycheck to come in so I can get my headtube faced and the headset pressed in. Good God does the Heckler have a rippled surface up on top of the headtube, and I am not about to trash it or my King just putting it in and hoping for the best.

Other than that most of the parts will be ordered shortly enough, should have it together in a few weeks. I will try to snap a few pictures soon though, give you guys a little peek. :)

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Not a bad day yesterday, I turned in my final term papers and am now free for the summer! Tossed a set of disc brakes on the rig and went for a quick celebratory ride.

Today I've gotta go through all my gear & food; getting ready to hike Havasupai this weekend. Where the hell is my flask...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Mornin Stosh.

I did an easy road ride yesterday to test the broken finger. All in all, it went pretty well - the worst part was putting my gloves on, but I can see the mtn biking will probably be out of the question for a while.

I have an appt today to have it looked at again, should be utterly thrilling I'm sure.

Not much else to report on. Have a good one.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Oh yea, and since they probably won't have any work for me to do today, I am going to sit here and write songs for my friends project. Perhaps I will post the lyrics later if they turn out good.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
phil said:
Dam I thought that was your truck when i got back to mine,Yea it was a good ride last nite,Fast as hell.We will have to hook up soon how about thurs.nite around 5:30 ?
I tried to call your cell!

Every Tuesday and Thursday we are there at about 5:45

Actually this THursday I can't ride, I'm meeting with the Minister for the wedding.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
macko said:
Today I've gotta go through all my gear & food; getting ready to hike Havasupai this weekend. Where the hell is my flask...
is that a side canyon, down to the Colorado? if so, we did a short hike/camping trip about 10 years ago on it. great stuff...didn't see a single person, but saw a couple of rattlers, tons of birds, and shared the campsite (cottonwood grove) w/ some wild horses.

had a great spin class last night. was wondering if my legs would feel dead/sore from the DH action over the weekend, but everything was good.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Morning Stosh

Wanted to ride in this morning , but it is still raining here :(

did trail work last night in the rain , got soaked and Muddy.

Not much else going on.

so you'll be ready to join us for a 24 hour race in the fall ?
I just need to modify my diet.

Where is the race in the fall?

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Getting ready for the Whiskey Offroad this weekend in Prescott. This is my third year of swearing I'd never do this ride again, 25 miles, 4300 vertical feet of climbing. And there's a 50 mile version of this insanity as well. So if you don't see a post Monday morning...

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning stosh,
Got 2 new tires on the Subie last night :rolleyes:

Went to the park and helped a guy put in 2 bridges in an ugly part of the trails that we normally ride. Then hung out with Emma and Bek at the plaground.

went home and shuffled some paperwork before going to bed. I finally slept, cause I didn't take my allergie meds that have been keeping me up. But I woke up with my nose all stuffed and a sore throat (prolly from snoring):rolleyes: I don't know which is worse not sleeping and feeling like crap or sleeping and feeling like crap!:help:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
My hollowpoint is in the truck, tonight=group ride at 6p (pine bush)

my plan is to get 10 or so solo miles in before hand, then help a few noob's with their skills during the group ride

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Morning! Nothing exciting here... I feel like it should already be Friday, sheesh. BV's mom is coming down from Maine tomorrow, so it should be a fun weekend. Tonight, though, will be spent cleaning...ick. I can't wait for Friday to get here; I feel so sick of work lately. Anyway, happy midweek everyone! :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Trainwreck said:
Good morning,

Getting ready for the Whiskey Offroad this weekend in Prescott. This is my third year of swearing I'd never do this ride again, 25 miles, 4300 vertical feet of climbing. And there's a 50 mile version of this insanity as well. So if you don't see a post Monday morning...
cool, that looks like a fun/challaging ride

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
brungeman said:
Morning stosh,
Got 2 new tires on the Subie last night :rolleyes:

Went to the park and helped a guy put in 2 bridges in an ugly part of the trails that we normally ride. Then hung out with Emma and Bek at the plaground.

went home and shuffled some paperwork before going to bed. I finally slept, cause I didn't take my allergie meds that have been keeping me up. But I woke up with my nose all stuffed and a sore throat (prolly from snoring):rolleyes: I don't know which is worse not sleeping and feeling like crap or sleeping and feeling like crap!:help:
Nice!
I wish I could BUILD things where I ride.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yo all,

No double work today for me, thank the dear lord...Just work then club ride with the weenie (but fast) XC crowd tonight in Pittstown/Grafton/back to Pittstown tonight. I am lucky to hang on in the back for the climbs on my monster bike and god knows I need to endurance/beer gut removal...Have a good day all.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Trainwreck said:
Good morning,

Getting ready for the Whiskey Offroad this weekend in Prescott....
Good luck with that one, man! I'd go up there and buy you a drink afterwards on Whiskey Row but I'll be out of town. Definitely take some pics! Are you planning on doing the Soul Ride this fall?

narlus said:
is that a side canyon, down to the Colorado? if so, we did a short hike/camping trip about 10 years ago on it. great stuff...didn't see a single person, but saw a couple of rattlers, tons of birds, and shared the campsite (cottonwood grove) w/ some wild horses.
Yeah the Havasupai is down in a canyon north of the Grand Canyon and right off the CO river. It's on reservation land, so we each had to pay $60 for permits to go on this hike. I'm pretty excited, it's supposed to be one of the most beautiful places in AZ...

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jim Mac said:
Yo all,

No double work today for me, thank the dear lord...Just work then club ride with the weenie (but fast) XC crowd tonight in Pittstown/Grafton/back to Pittstown tonight. I am lucky to hang on in the back for the climbs on my monster bike and god knows I need to endurance/beer gut removal...Have a good day all.

how many people show up for those wednesday rides? and how fast is their "very fast pace"

I'd do that ride but I work close to pittstown sf, so I'd be ready to ride @ 4:10..a little early for a 6pm ride, or I could drive 30 minutes home but then have a 30 min drive back up here

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
Mornin' all. Snow on the ground when I went to work this morning. Just a dusting, but it was snow nonetheless. :thumb:
Always the fvcking optimist.:)

Around my eyes do not seem to be as black and blue as they were yesterday. Maybe I will go back to sleep.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Mornin!

The company my wife works for was having their staff appreciation festivities going on this week, and they rented out the 3rd base party deck at the Durham Bulls minor league stadium. What a beautiful evening for a baseball game! The weather was beautiful, the beer was tall and cold, and the whole affair was catered very nicely. We had a great time, and the Bulls beat Louisville 6-2. Woot!

On a crappy note: I'm pretty sure I have a hernia. Gonna go get that checked out this week. Anyone care to share hernial experiences?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
stosh said:
Nice!
I wish I could BUILD things where I ride.
you probably can! there is a small swampy stream crossing that a few people have endo'd in so my friend built the bridge, and we put it in. nothing fancy just something to make it safer. If you are working toward making the trail sustainable (see IMBA site) then you should be able to get approval for the improvements!:thumb: we always look at the benefit to the community (and not just the MTB) communtity when building and improving trails. Hikers bikers, and aquestrians all have different needs in the trails, and as long as you work to satisfy the majority of people using the trails then all is good!:thumb: don't try to limit trail use, or make trails that are "BIKE ONLY" that starts turf wars!;)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
douglas said:
how many people show up for those wednesday rides? and how fast is their "very fast pace"

I'd do that ride but I work close to pittstown sf, so I'd be ready to ride @ 4:10..a little early for a 6pm ride, or I could drive 30 minutes home but then have a 30 min drive back up here
Doug, you'd be right at home with the pace, plus my friend Charlie is leading today and he does it from the back (with me)! The people up front double back for us on the climbs (to extend their mileage, the perverts). I'll be there by 4:30/5 if you want to cruise around early. Meet up at the Pittstown lower lot!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Greyhound said:
On a crappy note: I'm pretty sure I have a hernia. Gonna go get that checked out this week. Anyone care to share hernial experiences?
Last year I went to the on campus nurse since I had a lump on my groin. She was convinced it was a hernia and even brought in a student to teach and observe. They made me drop em and standing there in all my glory I find out it was no hernia, just a staph infection.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I just need to modify my diet.

Where is the race in the fall?
You have any serious interest in doing that race?

I've wanted to do Daulton the last couple of year, but for various reasons, haven't. I could talk to the boss lady about it if you're serious.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Jim Mac said:
Doug, you'd be right at home with the pace, plus my friend Charlie is leading today and he does it from the back (with me)! The people up front double back for us on the climbs (to extend their mileage, the perverts). I'll be there by 4:30/5 if you want to cruise around early. Meet up at the Pittstown lower lot!
perverts=Todd, Bryana & the other nav'ers?

Hmmmm...I already told a few people I'd be riding at pinebush today, so I better pass at pittstown

theres always next week!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
You have any serious interest in doing that race?

I've wanted to do Daulton the last couple of year, but for various reasons, haven't. I could talk to the boss lady about it if you're serious.
DO IT!

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Polandspring88 said:
Last year I went to the on campus nurse since I had a lump on my groin. She was convinced it was a hernia and even brought in a student to teach and observe. They made me drop em and standing there in all my glory I find out it was no hernia, just a staph infection.

eeeew : pukey smilie:

Its good they figured out what it was though, that stuff would've probably rendered you dead.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Rode last night solo. It was around 60 and figured I would warm up but never really did and didn't have arm or knee warmers.

Have to finish plans for the trip to San Diego today and pick out a kitchen sink and faucet. Supposed to rain today and tomorrow. So gotta get psyched for a wet road ride tomorrow.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
douglas said:
perverts=Todd, Bryana & the other nav'ers?

Hmmmm...I already told a few people I'd be riding at pinebush today, so I better pass at pittstown

theres always next week!

Yes, Toddler, Bryna, Dr. Dirty Terry B, etc and so on, then there's me, my bud Jack (fellow DH'er), old dude Charlie and some stray tri-geek people who struggle like hell on the techy singletrack and generally block all my classy moves with their messy dismounts!

I'll be leading rides there the last 2 wed's of the month, pity me now.