Quantcast

***Happy Humpday***

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Was home yesterday with a sick kid. Back at it today with only 1.5 days of work before I'm out for my first long ski weekend away in 10 years.

:dead:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Heading to Asheville for the day today, then it’ll be off to explore the Smokies tomorrow, provides it’s not raining too hard. Things aren’t looking very promising at the moment however.

Bought a compound bow last night. Looking forward to playing with that in oh, 6 months.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Mornin!

Heading to Asheville for the day today, then it’ll be off to explore the Smokies tomorrow, provides it’s not raining too hard. Things aren’t looking very promising at the moment however.

Bought a compound bow last night. Looking forward to playing with that in oh, 6 months.
hit burial brewery. or green man.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bike night tonight. Should be good conditions out there, for once. I did absolutely forget to put on pitstick this morning, though. Maybe I'll be taking my own car to the trail head?? :brows:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, friends! LOLOL

Daily spam clean up complete. These bots are stupid and make their shit easy to clean up. If they were smart, they'd spread it around the different forums and with different usernames, rather than use one name and keep it all in the news forum.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Warm enough to drive the car for a change. My ShamWow was frozen, however.

Did taxes last night, we made $2k less last year, paid $5k less in taxes, got the shaft on deductions and owe $3200. Yay, that hurt the RV budget, but I have most everything for a basic bitch. Just have to save up for pimping out later.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
The aim of the class is to be able to identify the streamside insects that the trout are feeding on then matching your fly type and presentation to that insect.
Ahhhh ok. I thought this had something more to do with your day job like which ones carry diseases or something and you were making a joke that it would you to select flies......

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Ahhhh ok. I thought this had something more to do with your day job like which ones carry diseases or something and you were making a joke that it would you to select flies......
heheheh

A portion of that class will be flipping rocks over and seeing what is living / attached to the underside :nerd:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think I may have pissed off the entire staff at my kids' school this morning. when i dropped the kids off (we walk to school), i was told it was too cold for the kids to go outside. the school board policy is -13°F is the cut-off. colder than that and the kids stay indoors. They were claiming it was -22°F, and having just walked it, I knew it was nowhere near that cold. It's actually 9°F, 4°F with the wind. And I showed them how to look up the T°. So I essentially made them go outside. I think none of the teachers and caregivers were too pleased about that. oh well, the kids will thank me!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I am at work but have not achieved sufficient motivation levels to actually start working. Perhaps in a few minutes. Perhaps.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Another interview today, this time with the whole team. Half of my team didn't show, which is giddy. Also walked in to a nasty-gram email from my manager for helping one of our field reps, who I have been working directly with for the last few years.. I cc'd him so that he knows I am doing this and has a gauge of my side work. I think boss is getting a little bit more reality check that I will probably be leaving the team and the downstream that comes with that, including finding out just how much side work I cover for him and he's not liking it. My FTS was pretty high this morning and I don't see it getting any better, at least while I'm still doing my current job.

Wifey and I had another bit of an back and forth about Haley's skiing going forward. She really doesn't want her to do adtl lessons or the Devo program, but our friend who is the best skier we know, has made it clear from the videos I've sent him that we should be backing her outright including more this season.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Mornin!

http://www.greenmanbrewery.com/

evidently we have a make shift range upstairs at work & several bows & crossbows laying around. looks fun.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mornin'.
teaching Lola to play drums last night. was a fun jam sesh.
working on content for a line of turkey hunting accessories & may get to go film a guided turkey hunt in the mountains.
Yoga & MA clinic tonight. Long day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wifey and I had another bit of an back and forth about Haley's skiing going forward. She really doesn't want her to do adtl lessons or the Devo program, but our friend who is the best skier we know, has made it clear from the videos I've sent him that we should be backing her outright including more this season.
time to put the ///Pants on, stoney.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
The aim of the class is to be able to identify the streamside insects that the trout are feeding on then matching your fly type and presentation to that insect.

Where I'm from, we call that turning over a rock. Who cares what they're called - the fish don't have names for them...reach in your tackle box and find the closest match to what you see. You're not paying money for that. are you?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>

Keep in mind - she has PLENTY of time. Just ski with your kid next season... make the wife happy, make the kid happy, no downside. There's no harm NOT doing all that expensive stuff right now.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Do you ski or board?
If you ski & are a decent skier you could coach her a bit when out with her. I could send you some really technical documents on ski improvement & drills if you like.

Finding a balance of fun with dad & being coached by dad may be tough but who knows.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Do you ski or board?
If you ski & are a decent skier you could coach her a bit when out with her. I could send you some really technical documents on ski improvement & drills if you like.

Finding a balance of fun with dad & being coached by dad may be tough but who knows.
Please send me those documents! I give my kids tips here and there and also always want to improve my own form.