Quantcast

@)(*&!@)(&* Happy Monday you dorks )@(*!@)(*!@

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Sorta slept okay last night, so I got home from work, had a couple of chomps outta a pork roast and threw down a hand full of cashews then went for a ride, happy days.
Luckily had headphones in, all the clay from yesterday had some pretty bad noises coming outta the drivetrain.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Good morning.
It RAINED last night, and is still raining. Glorious rain.

I feel like I should go out and get a breakfast burrito. Brb.
If you could get me one from Santiago’s, hot please. That would be greeeeaaaat.

Office, meh.
Took my helm off last night. Planning to ship it to CC for service and I think my damper has shit the bed too. Need to ship @jdcamb a wheel too.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Thinking about picking up some Conti GP 5k road tubeless tires. And maybe a garmin varia. I also want to stop buying shit.
Definitely get the Varia.

I've been on the original 5k tubeless for a few years with no issues, other than they're very tight on my lightbicycle rims - I've broken Pedro's levers. If I ever get a flat roadside I might just have to phone for rescue.

Not sure what the updated version has different. I still have a few old ones stockpiled.

Edit: snow up here last night.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It's raining. There was a thunder bomb directly overhead that went for a solid, must have been 20sec at one point. First it woke me up, then kept going and going and going. Given that @SkaredShtles is close enough, he probably heard that too. It was enough that I rolled over to make sure my phone volume was up for tornado alerts.

Yeti is on the stand, unrideable. I incorrectly measured the needed brake line for it (stupid internal routing), and after pulling it all apart and starting the process of putting the Saints on, my hose is 3" too short. So, new hose ordered to be here by eow. Does mean that the SRAM hose will be plenty long for the Nukeproof though. Need to get a heavier spring for the bike too, so back to Pinkbike for those.

Very, very slow week for work, but busy for family. Hoping to spend most of my time this week working on my CFP studying. Taxation detail is soul crushing, even worse than insurance was. Just this, estate planning, then the test prep class. Hopefully I can keep my shit together to get it done this year...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Drywalling yesterday, which is ALWAYS fun. At least I slept like the dead last night, cause I sure needed it.

Thinking maybe I'll take some PTO and really push the bathroom reno along.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
It's raining. There was a thunder bomb directly overhead that went for a solid, must have been 20sec at one point. First it woke me up, then kept going and going and going. Given that @SkaredShtles is close enough, he probably heard that too. It was enough that I rolled over to make sure my phone volume was up for tornado alerts.

Yeti is on the stand, unrideable. I incorrectly measured the needed brake line for it (stupid internal routing), and after pulling it all apart and starting the process of putting the Saints on, my hose is 3" too short. So, new hose ordered to be here by eow. Does mean that the SRAM hose will be plenty long for the Nukeproof though. Need to get a heavier spring for the bike too, so back to Pinkbike for those.

Very, very slow week for work, but busy for family. Hoping to spend most of my time this week working on my CFP studying. Taxation detail is soul crushing, even worse than insurance was. Just this, estate planning, then the test prep class. Hopefully I can keep my shit together to get it done this year...
now just envision the fact that Ruth has a masters in Tax....mind numbing isn't it?

Espresso, scrambled eggs and hot links for breakfast. It's 0630 and I am 1/3 of the way through my transport list

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I was woken up this morning by thunder and lightning IN MY INTESTINES. Fucking hell. :dead: I skipped my swim this morning and crawled back into bed after that early morning violation.
I had some takeout on friday night (and leftovers saturday) and it ruined my ride plans for the weekend. I thought of you.

Definitely get the Varia.

I've been on the original 5k tubeless for a few years with no issues, other than they're very tight on my lightbicycle rims - I've broken Pedro's levers. If I ever get a flat roadside I might just have to phone for rescue.

Not sure what the updated version has different. I still have a few old ones stockpiled.

Edit: snow up here last night.
FTR, IMO, IIRC, FWIW, I love mine. It is very cool and helpful.
Thanks for the tips. I just need to commit to dropping $200 after just buying the TT bike. Maybe I should sell my old MTB fork and shock that are literally collecting dust. Since they are never discounted, I had hoped to give that money to my LBS, but haven't made it in yet. Also, I realized just how helpful that could be when on the TT bike, as I can't hear or see shit. The upright road bike is a bit easier, but if it's windy it's still a challenge.

I have heard the new 5k TR (vs TL) is easier to set up, but also that it is not. They are supposedly the bees knees of road tire, so I should probably just commit and forgetaboutit

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I wondered where that detonated... rattled the windows here.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

After working from home all last week, I'm at the hospital or outlying sites (Colorado Center on Wednesday) every day this week. Well, except for Thursday, where I'm not working. Hmph

at least I'll be able to grab some tasty Thai Pot for me and the family on Wednesday

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think summer is almost here. bug splatter on the windshield is back.

twas a nice, sunny weekend. managed to get out for a hike with the family on Saturday and a ride with my unbroken child on Sunday. Skipped a ride Sunday afternoon so my youngest could go hang out with a buddy at his grandparents house out of town. Bitter sweet, but worth it caus' he was just so happy to hang with his bud and run around in the woods.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Hello all

After working from home all last week, I'm at the hospital or outlying sites (Colorado Center on Wednesday) every day this week. Well, except for Thursday, where I'm not working. Hmph

at least I'll be able to grab some tasty Thai Pot for me and the family on Wednesday
My wife had some tom yum at a Thai joint in Basalt over Spring Break, so recently I made the trek down to the Asian grocery downtown to get galangal, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, birds eye chiles, mushrooms, and head-on shrimp to make some at home. Bit of a PITA, but damn is tom yum delicious.

And apropos of nothing, really, but the Asian grocery has a metric SHITLOAD of different mushrooms.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
now just envision the fact that Ruth has a masters in Tax....mind numbing isn't it?

Espresso, scrambled eggs and hot links for breakfast. It's 0630 and I am 1/3 of the way through my transport list
:banghead:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
My wife had some tom yum at a Thai joint in Basalt over Spring Break, so recently I made the trek down to the Asian grocery downtown to get galangal, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, birds eye chiles, mushrooms, and head-on shrimp to make some at home. Bit of a PITA, but damn is tom yum delicious.

And apropos of nothing, really, but the Asian grocery has a metric SHITLOAD of different mushrooms.
One of my favorite soups to make. Did you start by sweating out the shrimp shells in the stock pot ? When it’s made right it will make your whole house smell like a veterinarian clinic. Mmm...fish sauce.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I have heard the new 5k TR (vs TL) is easier to set up, but also that it is not. They are supposedly the bees knees of road tire, so I should probably just commit and forgetaboutit
For road tires, Continental are the Bee Gees, ahem....I mean bees knees. :D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Two things hit me this morning:

1. I hate moving. So much stuff, I wish it was practical to get rid of it all and start over.

2. I can't believe I have to work another 30+ years. I feel like I gave it my best and am already done. :banghead:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
2. I can't believe I have to work another 30+ years. I feel like I gave it my best and am already done. :banghead:
I'm 10 years closer to the target which just means I'm 10 years more exhausted and it still seems infinitely far away. I probably saved a lot of energy by not having kids, but I also spent that energy on bike crash recovery.